Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: blocksworks
About
User Name: blocksworks
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 34
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Will TeleChart be discontinued...?
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:38:06 AM
I think this question belongs to Blocks forum and it may have been asked already.  Will Blocks  Daily Feed ever offer delayed (e.g. 20-minute) data rather than previous day closing prices?
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:20:31 AM

Question (1)
Ah, "Personal Notes" is what I am referring to.  I want to make daily notes on charts about news impacting the market or stock as well as noteworthy technical formations.  But now I am confused: Craig says Blocks does not have Personal Notes, but yet both of you said one can write text on the charts.  I guess the questions to ask are: how much text and will the text (if lengthy) cover up part of the chart?

Question (2)
I think Blocks pricing is removed from your website.  I recall Blocks Daily is $39, Blocks Real-time is $59.  If I have TeleChart Platinum, wouldn't Blocks Real-time be free?  (And do I have to pay the $9.25 exchange fee twice?)

Thanks, guys, for taking the time to clarify things.

Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:19:45 AM
What is the future of TeleChart?  What would happen if Worden discontinues TeleChart in the middle of my 2-year subscription?  Should I bother to start my 2-year if I plan to have Blocks too?  I realize there are three things unique about TelelChart that isn't present in Blocks, namely: Worden Notes, OBV & TSV, and the ability to make notes on charts.  Why can't these be added to Blocks and charge Blocks an extra $10-$20 and rid of TeleChart?  As a Blocks user, it is hard on the budget to afford another $89/mo (Platinium) for those three unique features of which only one is useful to me personally.
Topic: Importing own time series into Blocks
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2007 8:35:38 PM
I just want to re-post my question again in case the trainers or any software engineer forgot to reply to my question.

When I followed the video's instructions and applied the CSV To Bar, I could not get imported data to display on the charts. Bruce_L mentioned that these BLocks might be outdated. Any chance we'll get to use the updated version or a working version (to import outside data)?

Thanks again.
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 4:00:06 PM
I watched the video you specified and tried to recreate what Ken showed in the video. My plot did not show anything. I tried the CSV to Bar and CSV to Line without luck. I wonder it was because I did not follow instructions correctly or that this block no longer works like you said. If the latter is the case, could you please find out if someone will update this. Last weekend I attended the NYC La Guardia session and was told that this feature works. Thanks.
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 2:05:54 PM
I know one can create our own watchlist in two ways: copy/paste from Excel, for instance, or via csv file format (which I have not yet figured out how).

Is it possible to import my own time series? For instance, I want to backtest the S&P 500 against the VIX index or the put/call ratio whose data are not available in Blocks. But I can get the latter historical data (e.g. date & number) from an outside source. Is there a way to bring that into blocks?

Thanks in advance.
Topic: Help with coding intraday price conditions
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:05:57 PM
Hi Ken,

Thank you so much for creating a new code block just for this. You guys are so responsive; I am impressed.

Just one question... I ran the strategy on S&P 500 components watchlist for all history and got no trades. It seems strange that this condition did not produce any signals. Would you mind taking another look at your code again and tell me why that's so?

I appreciate it.

J
Topic: Fundamental data explanations
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:23:44 PM
In Blocks, I backtest strategies using Hemscott criteria - Latest Short Interest Ratio and Percent Shares Held by Institutions. Is there a way to find out how recent the data is and how frequently are they updated, e.g. weekly data updated every third week etc? It would give me greater confidence to apply my theory to real trading when I understand how results are compiled.
Topic: Help with coding intraday price conditions
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:02:34 PM
Would someone please kindly show me how to set the following up in Blocks Mega Minute?

I want to buy at the open of next bar if...

the close at 10:00am is greater than the close at 9:45am.

Topic: Blocks-Directional Movement (+DI-DI) with moving ave
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 11:37:27 PM
Has the ADX condition been removed from Blocks strategy conditions? I only find Directional Movement DI+DI- still around, but it is not the same. (I do see that the ADX is available as a chart study.)