Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Calling all bottom feeders. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
scottnlena
Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007 2:27:00 AM

WE need like a conch shell horn call or rhino horn trumpet or something something.

I've put togeather a list of a few stocks that I'm heavily considering trading and I'd like to bounce them off of the more experienced bottom feeders. I'm not looking for should I should I not.. I'm looking to see if my logic is sound and if the picks are strong, weak, or ambiguous and how they could be better if they are sub par.

LIPD See my other thread on this company.

SCT The decent from its hard sell is begining to slow and it is stating to get a bit of BOP. A 50 day linear regression with a spread of 30 on the daily shows that it is about to pop through possibly. MS is not giving much... or I don't know how ti nterpret what it is giving. TSV has been consistantly positive divergent since Nov and is about to cross "0" viewed daily in 24, 18, and 36 AND when viewed up to 3 day bars. machd is not machding but it is hiking back up across the centerline as well. Stochastics 10,8,6 also seems to be making higher lows and the short period crossed up through the long period as well as 50% 3 days ago about. I'm considering entering at $4.15 or $4.66. The deciding factor is the strength of the pattern ... theoretically the lower entry is higher risk becasue the bottom is less confirmed... but it is closer to a stop, lowering risk to capital. The lower entry also caries a higher pay off if I am right. the higher entry offers a bit more suport but the cost is that some momentum may be used up already by the time my order triggers.

SQNM its early to call but ADx 14,14 (di lines) are close to crossing and ADX is starting to register a trend.... though I am new at reading this indicator. 20,20 bolinger bands are starting to show a bit of a pinch... presumeably some momentum or volitility should follow soon. DEC and NOV TSV lows stand out to me against the price lows as a bit divergent... however that woule seem to be the end of it and TSV has not crosed "0" and MS looks just sad. I'm thinking a long side breakout order. I am papertrading this for my OCA group strategy (mutually cancelling long and short orders straddling price). When viewed on HNC's template soemthign is about to happen that is clear... downside is suggested. By entering on the upside break only I limit my risk. Not shure of entry point. I don't want to risk getting in to soon with indicators not looking as clearly bullish as other picks.

MZZ proshares inverse etf. I think this might be the channel kiss Don worden Speaks somuch about. Other than a few Extreeme low readings in TSV and price being at the bottom 20,20 bolinger band all other indicators DO NOT confirm this... but most people think there will be a continuation to the market correction and if that is the case then this could be a nice play..... unles the Mid Caps are expected to stand up well under the selling.

PSQ Same as above .. indicators look more buy able... not shure whay that would be.
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:39:45 AM

Scott, I thought that LIPD & SQNM looked good and I posted my thoughts about the first one on the LIPD thread that you started.

SQNM looks good to me in all the ways that you mentioned above, but the BETA on this security is way to risky at 6.40

(IMO)

Apsll...
scottnlena
Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:33:00 PM

What is the BETA ? you also mentioned in another poast that you liked SCT.
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007 2:13:22 PM

Beta is calculated using regression analysis, and you can think of beta as the tendency of a security's returns to respond to swings in the market. A beta of 1 indicates that the security's price will move with the market. A beta less than 1 means that the security will be less volatile than the market. A beta greater than 1 indicates that the security's price will be more volatile than the market. For example, if a stock's beta is 1.2, it's theoretically 20% more volatile than the market.

I do like SCT, for a short term play, now that I revisit the chart. You have to forgive me, when I read your post concerning the five stocks you listed I immediately created a new watch list with those stocks only, and glanced them quickly. The chart pattern for LIPD and SQNM stood out right away, so I focused on them more then the others...

bcraig73450
Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:05:57 AM
SCT has a nice equilateral triangle with ~30% potential
after clearing the top trendline. Not clear which it
will break at this time,
jpendley
Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2007 3:27:40 AM
-

EGHT - might have early uptrend indicators. Some may feel they will benefit from the Vonage-Verizon court case. I will be watching on Mon. I place resistances at -.10,+.35 IMO.
I have no position.

-
bcraig73450
Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:43:34 PM
Thanks jpendley, for bringing EGHT to my attention.

It has a right angle triangle, highs beginning 01/31 and lows beginning 01/08. It closed above the top line on Friday.

TSV34 and MS just moved above their 10MA and MACD just turned up through zero.

Good entry position at 1.50.

I'll buy at the open on Monday.