Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jpendley
About
User Name: jpendley
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 91
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Calling all bottom feeders.
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 3:27:40 AM
-

EGHT - might have early uptrend indicators. Some may feel they will benefit from the Vonage-Verizon court case. I will be watching on Mon. I place resistances at -.10,+.35 IMO.
I have no position.

-
Topic: INSM~ NEWS
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 2:14:52 AM

By "VERY INTERESTING" in the posting above, I didn't mean necessarily an upward jump,although I would prefer that of course. The interesting part is whether the market sees an immediate value for either TRCA or INSM, or both,or neither, as I doubt DNA will have any movement related to it at their capitalization. Just my opinion.

Topic: INSM~ NEWS
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 12:56:06 AM

INSM was discussed in another thread, and now is VERY INTERESTING at
the current price. Check the settlement between INSM,TRCA, and DNA, at
the INSM yahoo board. Settlement announced after 7pm ET tonight.

Conference calls tomorrow by TRCA and ISNM. Jim.

Topic: ALTI -- Triangle
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2007 7:42:59 PM

Hi fpetry, in your previous posting you used the word "brief" in saying that you had just checked on ALTI. I assumed the term "brief"was used like "notes" or "information". Basically I just wondered where you get the info on institutional buying, thought maybe something more accurate than I-watch might be available.
Thanks.

Topic: ALTI -- Triangle
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2007 4:41:59 PM
QUOTE (fpetry)
Matter of fact just pulled up brief on ALTI and it's one of those rare $3 stocks that happens to have excellent institutional buying. Good luck bcraiq!

When you mention the "brief" indicating institutional buying,
which are you referring to? I-watch, yahoo or other? The reason I ask is that I-watch seem to indicate that buying on ALTI decreased this month, and I would be happy to find that there is another source. I recall in the past the actual numbers were only accummulated after a long delay ( month?, quarter??) Maybe the exchanges have changed that so it is available sooner. I think it is the same with the %short. Old data is often misleading and if there is a "fresher" source, I would like to know where, as a current reliable number would allow us retail traders to know the direction the real force of the market is leaning
Thanks.

Topic: Stocks Below $2.00
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2007 1:54:14 AM

I like CMGI also, actually making money which is somewhat a
rarity for under $2 stocks. If it drops a little on Monday,
I might enter if it gets in 1.55 or less range.

Watch REV as it has earnings report on 3/13 I believe, and I think it will be tough to impress in this market atmosphere.

Probably should have my head examined for staying 66% in INSM, but since earnings are suppose to be 3/8, it gives a
couple of days to speculate ( gamble ).

Topic: What do you think of INSM?
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2007 8:30:22 PM

INSM up 20% AH to 1.65. Anyone else still in this gamble?

Topic: INdicator Logic.
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 5:51:45 PM

Scott, You might take a look at my ACLS thread and look at my chart. Notice the bottom of the top chart, where I use 2 multiple settings to produce multiple colored lines. The top on of these is a group of multiple EMA of rather short periods that I found best fit my trading style. The next one is multiple Stochastics in different colors. I got these from an old Technical Analysis magazine in the 90s and derived the settings from trial and error ( experimental). I tried to write out how I used these, but I am so use to them, it is hard to describe. The settings might not work for others, but it is a possibility. The magazine also showed illustrations ( as I remember) of other multiple indicators, such as MACD with different settings, but I don't remember if I tried that or not. Jim

Topic: COR thank me later
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 2:26:45 AM
Shark, The CEO presented information that the FDA was allowing reduced dosage testing of a previously stopped drug trials on Wed night 2/21. This accounted for the jump on Thursday, but Fridays jump was made due to an upgrade and also wider dissemination of the conference on Wed. The candle you mention does indicate indecision, because it is still problematic as to whether the FDA will further allow increased dosages in human testing. I think this is where candles do a better job of predicting further moves than indicators that go beyond this week. Since you are platinum, you can monitor through the day and see if the indecision is being overcome in one direction or another. IMO, Jim.

Topic: MSI up against all time high dating back to 1980's: Up, Down or Sideways From Here?
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 1:50:05 AM

I hope all are aware that MSI and Frederick's of Hollywood are "merging", and since FOH holdings is not publically traded, it is difficult to determine how the current shares of MSI will be affected. MSI is going to issue 27 million shares of their stock to the FOH Holdings and also put up for sale $20 million of new stock. Currently the float is only about 12Mill. shares. Since MSI earnings announced first on 2/13 didn't cause a great uptrend ( they were good) the recent uptrend might be due to rumors on FOH unpublished earnings. I would recommend that you read the last 10Q before making a decision and play it tight. IMO.