Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

One way to play the mortgage rate..LEND Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
creekchad
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:55:02 AM
LEND is a very highly traded stock and has fallen considerably as of late. This play for me may be a 1 to 3 day hold. I especialy like the last few days on this one. I could see it reaching the 20 area soon..I will be keeping my stop tight if I do enter this in the morning. Percentage wise this stock could move in a hurry . Presently around 12 ..Check out the last 5 days on an hourly chart.
scottnlena
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2007 1:00:38 AM

is this a falling knife ? ?
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:34:19 AM

This was a falling knife (my interpretation of one) and a good example of a successful one.

HKF is an example of a failed one.

I agree with your analysis on this Creekchad, this looks like a good short term play to me...
scottnlena
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:22:08 AM

What makes HKF a failed one? werent you in that... hope it didn't hurt. In terms of failing couldent it stillmake the recovery move? Perhaps the other day was a false start?
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:48:06 AM

I got out of HKF as it was droping below $1.70 had a good profit but was hoping for more.

Now all trading has stoped on that security. I do not know why but I will find out...
creekchad
Posted : Friday, March 23, 2007 11:30:37 PM
Apsll- Thanks for your take on this. After fridays action , (a lower day with less volume) does this still look like it could have a pop up from here ? Thanks. Creek...
scottnlena
Posted : Friday, March 23, 2007 11:43:25 PM

did you notice that it gapped up today? probably a merger or buyout.

Sad becasue I thought that hancock carried better fabrics than Joanne. Most people that are into sewing and stuck in the interior with out access to a garment districe like chicago or manhattan or LA and engage in "fine" sewing hancock was their place.... or mail order.
creekchad
Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:50:06 AM
scottnlena , I was referring to lend. Were you commenting on HKF. Creek...
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007 7:31:10 AM

Creekchad I would buy if price can beat the high of the last couple of days. A more risky approach would be to see where it opens on Monday, if price starts the day on a positive note and the general Markets are up then Buy (with your finger on the sell button, or very tight stop loss)

I would say all the indicators look good (TSV, MS, Volume, BOP).. Relative Strength is a little low but climing. The only indicator that is not to my liking is that DI+ has not crossed DI- yet...

In general I would summerize that there are better opportunities out there (IMO) (I just bought some shares of AVNR..

Good luck with your decision...

Scott, The ticker for HKF has changed to HKFIQ they were de-listed by the NYSE. and are now trading on the OTC, you cannot access this new symbol from telecharts, but you can from Bigcharts...

Apsll..
creekchad
Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:08:44 PM
Thanks apsll, In looking over the chart there is one big- time divergence in the stochastics which I just noticed. Check out the stochastics in early March when the price was much higher , to now. OBV the same way. MACD climbed above the 0 line 2 days ago . The more I study this chart( LEND ) The more I like it..
bcraig73450
Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:56:06 PM
apsll

HKF filed for Chapter 11 on Wednesday.

Congrats on getting loose from it in timr.
Apsll
Posted : Monday, March 26, 2007 9:00:10 AM

Thanks Bcraig73450, After I sold no the 20th I was actually considering another purchase on the 21rst (thank god I did not)