Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Creating ETF Watchlist Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rothar
Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 12:23:38 AM

How can I generate a watchlist of ETFs by country or region?  Also by sector?

Michael_T
Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 9:28:39 AM

Worden Trainer

rothar,

We do not currently breakdown the Exchange Traded Funds into categories or groups. However, I am placing my personal list of Country based ETFs (though not complete or kept current) for you to copy and paste as a starting point.

Simply highlight the list below, choose Ctrl+C on your keyboard. In TC2000, click the New button at the top right and choose New Personal Watchlist. Click OK. In the new WatchList window, click in the space alotted for symbols and choose Paste. Hope this is a good starting point.

EPHE, IDX, GUR, FRN, BRAF, EWT, BKF, PEK, LBJ, ILF, ASEA, ADRA, AXJL, VNM, EWI, EWZS, EFV, SCJ, MCHI, SCZ, EWQ, EIDO, ECNS, EFG, EWK, GXC, GMF, RBL, PAF, JSC, JPP, AUSE, JGBL, EWO, DFJ, DXJ, GULF, GXG, FXP, FCHI, INDY, PMNA, TF, PGJ, MES, AIA, PLND, EEB, EPU, CNDA, FPA, CEW, ENZL, ERUS, EWS, EWN, TOK, EWM, EWW, EWL, THD, TUR, EWD, EZA, EWY, EWP, INDL, RUSS, RUSL, EEM, EWZ, ECH, EIS, FBZ, BRAQ, BRAZ, CNPF, FLN, FCA, FNI, FJP, IEV, EWG, INP, FXI, EFA, EPP, EWA, PIN, BIK, EWC, EWH, GML, EPI, EWJ, EWU, CHIQ, GERJ, SCIF, BONO, EGPT, EPOL, AFK, COLX, LATM, BUNT, BUNL, ITLY, JGBT, RSX, RSXJ, ITLT, QQQC, AND, ARGT, CHIM, CHIE, CHIX, CHII, GXF, CQQQ, KROO, EIRL, HAO, NORW, YAO, TAO

rothar
Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:34:25 PM

Thank you, Michael.  That should start me off.  But this leads to a new question.  I'm trying to use this as the watchlist for an easy scan that compares 30-day price performance.  I'm looking at the pre-built "30-day performance vs. market" as my indicator.  I looked at the description of that in the help file and find myself confused.  

The description of the calculation shows an "X" and a "Y" that are not defined.  Do you have any clue as to what they are?

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:40:58 AM

Worden Trainer

It reads like you have been reading the detailed description of the calculations from the help file.

Price Trend vs Market

X is price and Y is a count of bars running from left to right. The description is for calculating Linear Regression Slopes.

The Price Trend vs Market topic has a simpler summary.

An even more concise summary would be that it is a comparison of the linear regression slopes of the symbol versus the linear regression slope of the market or a linear regression slope of the relative strength between the symbol and the market (which works out to be the same thing).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
rothar
Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:16:45 PM

Thanks, Bruce.  That is exactly what I was reading.  Your explanation helps a lot.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:21:54 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles