Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rothar
About
User Name: rothar
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Creating ETF Watchlist
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:16:45 PM

Thanks, Bruce.  That is exactly what I was reading.  Your explanation helps a lot.

Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:34:25 PM

Thank you, Michael.  That should start me off.  But this leads to a new question.  I'm trying to use this as the watchlist for an easy scan that compares 30-day price performance.  I'm looking at the pre-built "30-day performance vs. market" as my indicator.  I looked at the description of that in the help file and find myself confused.  

The description of the calculation shows an "X" and a "Y" that are not defined.  Do you have any clue as to what they are?

Thanks

Posted: Friday, August 2, 2013 12:23:38 AM

How can I generate a watchlist of ETFs by country or region?  Also by sector?

Topic: Generating custom indicators
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:03:43 PM

How can I generate a custom indicator?  There are 2 indicators I would like to program as follows:

1. A "streak" RSI.  This would do a Wilder RSI calculation on a cumulative list of the number of bars which were higher than the last.  For instance, if a stock closed higher for 3 consecutive bars then was unchanged for 1 bar and finally went down for 2 bars, the list would be as follows: 1 2 3 0 -1 -2.  The number of bars to consider would be selectable.

2. A rank calculation.  Generate a list of bars as %change from previous bar.  Score each bar as

X/N, where X= # of bars < value of this bar, and N= # of bars to use.  N would be selectable.

Thanks for your help.

Topic: Formula not responding correctly
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2012 2:20:02 PM

Thanks Bruce.

It was the copy issue that was the problem.  My original formula used 5000 for 500,000, not realizing that the old 100 share divisor was no longer used.  I didn&#39;t copy the change into the scan which is why, as you pointed out, it didn&#39;t work.

Thanks for the help.  However, this raises another question.  In order to change the ez-scan, I couldn&#39;t find a way to edit it and had to delete and rewrite it completely.  How does one edit a scan?

Thanks again.

Posted: Friday, May 4, 2012 2:06:39 AM

Thanks for checking, Stockguy, but it doesn&#39;t give me the same result as you got.  I got 93 stocks with volume for the day as low as 3K.  Could there be something wrong with my local program?  I thought this was on the cloud so everyone would get the same result.  

I&#39;m confused.  Thanks for any additional help you can offer.

Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2012 5:03:14 PM

I&#39;ve created the following PCF and used it in a scan.  The scan results include many stocks with volumes well under 500,000.  Can you tell me what I&#39;m doing wrong?

MAXH5<MAXH20
AND MINL7.1=MINL36
AND MINL3.1>MINL36.1
AND L<MINL3.1*0.995
AND AVGV50>500000.

My scan is simply that this condition is true in the universe of all US stocks.  When I ran the scan I few minutes ago I got 90 returns with more than half of the returns having today&#39;s volume lower than 100K shares.

Thanks,
ARoth
Topic: Candlestick Pattern question
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2011 2:09:39 PM
In the post, Boolean Candlestick Patterns the formula for a Harami is listed as:

ABS(C1-O1) >= (H1-L1)*0.70 AND
ABS(C1-O1)>(H1-L1)*0.50 AND
C>O AND
C<O1 AND
O>C1

This seems to say that the size of the previous body is at least 70% of the range (line 1) and more than 50% of the range (line 2).  The second condition seems to be redundant unless I don't understand what's going on.  Can you enlighten me on this seeming contradiction?

Thanks
Topic: Trouble signing on
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 1:26:51 AM
I can't seem to sign on to Telechart this evening.  The program opens the normal startup screens and starts out with messages about loading data and opening the program and then just disappears from view, never to be heard from again.  Is there something wrong with the system?   I don't see any notes indicating that.
Topic: Trailing Stops
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:03:26 PM
In the Stock Finder back scan, there is a rule for a trailing stop that apparently sets a stop after an x% reduction of the stock's price.  Is there a way to create a trailing stop that is triggered by an x% retracement of the gain since entry?  For instance, if x=10%, and I bought a stock at 90 that goes to 100, the stop would be triggered at 99.