Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Watchlist count/percent passing Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Java56
Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:45:30 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

How would I construct a method that returns the count or percentage passing of a watchlist for a given condition?  Can I chart that number?  Can I set a condition that I can see?

Example:  I want to see the number of stocks in a watchlist are crossing TSV zero line.  I want to mark the condition when the watchlist is > 40%.   Usually when below 40% and moving up crossing the 40% line then we have good moves up in the market.  When we fall below the 40% line we tend to move down, and between 40% and 60% we tend to move sideways or slowly up. 

A chart allows me to see the trend and it makes more sense if it can be done.

Another example would be MACD crossing the zero line.

(I would normally do this only daily, but these types of calculations can be intense even for a mainframe if done for complex formulas and if done on a minute to minute basis.) 

Thanks
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:44:15 AM

Worden Trainer

You can do all of these things in StockFinder using the Market Indicator feature.

Custom Market Indicators
Market Indicators from Conditions

This feature is not available in TC2000 however. The closest thing you can do is view the number of items passing a Scan/EasyScan or use a Sort to isolate the last item passing a Condition in a WatchList, clicking on that item and viewing the x of y items in WatchList listed at the bottom of the WatchList and manually calculate a percentage.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Java56
Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 12:06:28 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Thanks Bruce,  that is a good solution,  not as good as stockfinder though, so I will keep my copy of that for as long as I can.

Thanks to your company for great products at the best prices.
Hannibal41
Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:08:44 PM
Hi Bruce,I am aware of the custom market indicator feature for StockFinder and the Scan/EasyScan item in TC2000. However, the latter only gives a snapshot and no ability to make historical comparisons.I have asked this question several times and have yet to receive an answer: Does Worden ever intend to add a custom market indicator feature to TC2000 or is it even willing to consider such?Thanks in advance for an answer I hope to receive, whether "yes" or "no".Cheers...
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:19:02 PM

Worden Trainer

It has been suggested, so it is in our database and being considered. That said, I have no idea when or even if it might be added.

One thing to keep in mind is that TC2000 runs on our servers while StockFinder runs on your computer. For the most part, this means TC2000 is faster than StockFinder, but it also means how resource intensive a feature is must be given greater consideration.

If a particular feature is resource intensive and slows things down in StockFinder, it affects the customer using the feature. If a particular feature is resource intensive and slows things down in TC2000, it affects everybody because the resources are shared.

Java56 was quite correct in stating that these types of calculations can be resource intensive.

I am not saying the feature will never be implemented. I am saying that there is a drawback to including this type of feature in a product that runs on our servers and that this drawback might affect if it does get implemented and how.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Hannibal41
Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:16:14 PM
thanks very much for taking the time to explain this and the nuances to be considered... this makes sense... for customers who would may demand more resources, maybe Worden could give them the option to run TC2000 platform on their desktop or browser and charge them an additional premium... sort of like a host server for websites, some hosts charge clients a premium to guarantee X amount of resources dedicated to their site which are either used individually or shared with a smaller group... ???
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:22:50 PM

Worden Trainer

A client side portion being available for TC2000 version 12 is something which has been suggested and a feature I have personally pushed. I do not know if it will be implemented or what form it would take if it is.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles