Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Java56
About
User Name: Java56
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 78
[0.03% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Russell 2000 How do I get the chart?
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:25:31 PM

If you want the stocks on the Russel 2000 in a watchlist you can get them at barchart.com.  Then drop it in a watch list.  I do this about every 2 months.  I set it up as a shortcut in my browser and it takes about 40 seconds to do.  I scan the Russel a lot so I need the stocks .

This is the shortcut:

https://www.barchart.com/stocks/indices/russell/russell2000

Across the top you should see "flipcharts" and "download", I just select download and it gives me around 2000 stocks that I put in a spreadsheet then copy the symbols and simply paste them in to telechart, TC2000 and stockfinder.  This is a fix, but it isn't as good as the great data we get from Worden.

If I want the index, it is available on just about any website or you can use the EFTs that others have has listed.

The beauty of the Worden software is that you can adapt,  it easy, quick and it is inexpensive.

Topic: SuperTrend indicator for Stock Finder5
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 12:41:39 AM

Bruce if you have the time, I would love to see how you code a Supertrend indicator,

This is an Amibroker formula for the Supertrend.  Can you convert it? 

BTW I really enjoy stockfinder.  I have looked to see if I can find a replacement in case it breaks, well I haven't so far.

Here is the formula:

_SECTION_BEGIN("ATRtrading");
period = Param("Period", 13, 1, 240, 1);
mult = Param("Multiplier", 1.7, 1, 240, 0.1);

f=ATR(period);

VS[0] = Close[0];
trend[0] = 0;
HighC[0]=0;
Lowc[0]=0;

for( i = period+1; i < BarCount; i++ )
{

vs[i] = vs[i-1];
trend[i] = trend[i-1];
highC[i] = HighC[i-1];
lowc[i] = lowc[i-1];

if ((trend[i]>=0) && ( C[i] <VS[i] ))
{
trend[i] =-1;
HighC[i] = C[i];
lowc[i] = C[i];
}

if ((trend[i]<=0) && ( C[i] >VS[i] ))
{
trend[i]=1;
HighC[i] = C[i];
lowc[i] = C[i];
}

if (trend[i]==-1)
{
if (C[i]<lowc[i]) lowc[i] = C[i];
VS[i]= lowc[i]+ (mult*f[i]);
}

if (trend[i]==1)
{
if (C[i]>HighC[i]) HighC[i] = C[i];
VS[i]= HighC[i]-(mult*f[i]);
}

}

Buy=Cross(Trend,0);
Sell=Cross(0, Trend);

Plot(Close,"Close",colorBlue,styleCandle);
Plot(VS, "Vol Stop",IIf(trend==1,10,11 ),styleThick);

mkol = IIf( Trend==1, 10, 11);
Plot(5, "ribbon", mkol, styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel, 0, -5); // Weekly trend

shape = Buy * shapeUpArrow + Sell * shapeDownArrow;
PlotShapes( shape, IIf( Buy, colorGreen, colorRed ), 0, IIf( Buy, Low-f, High+f));
_SECTION_END();

Thanks

Java56

Topic: Watchlist help
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:21:40 PM

Thanks I was having to hand pick the Preferred and Warrrants, this way is much faster.

Java56

Topic: Watchlist help
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:25:37 AM

I need help in developing a specific list of stocks.  The list includes only NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ stocks, excluding ETF&#39;s, unit investment trusts, closed end funds, warrant stocks, preferred securities and any non-SIC classified stock. 

I have attempted to build the list from the Common Stock watchlist provided, but it has warrant stocks in it and preferred securities &hellip; trusts etc.  I want to use the list for tracking NHNL.

Thanks

Topic: Platium Stockfinder
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 3:56:29 AM

Can you still get Stockfinder with a new Platium account or do you have to have a current stockfinder to get it?  I don&#39;t see it anymore on the website. 

Thanks

Topic: Stockfinder vs. tc2000
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:48:48 PM

I tend to use stockfinder more.  It has indexes.  Once you understand the power of building your own index it is very powerful.  Nothing compares to it, tradestation or ninja trader don&#39;t hold a candle to it.  It needs more work in the backtest area, but again nothing compares to it and I have experience with many platforms. 

You can get alerts from most brokers now, the data points offered by TC2000 are too short for finding resistances.  I always go back to the old Telechart or use stockfinder when drawing trend lines.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, both packages are good, but worden had really upped the service with stockfinder.  They still support it, but have stopped development and went to the cloud concept.

The more I use stockfinder the more I appreciate it&#39;s speed in development and testing abilities.  I do all my lab work in it.  The real key here, is that the more I use stockfinder the more money I learn to make.

Hope this helps.

Topic: Watchlist count/percent passing
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 12:06:28 PM
Thanks Bruce,  that is a good solution,  not as good as stockfinder though, so I will keep my copy of that for as long as I can.

Thanks to your company for great products at the best prices.
Topic: Projected crossover based on price change
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:24:42 AM
Do we have any way to return a value that represents when a condition will be true based on price or maybe volume? A simple example would be BMY has a current (12, 26, 9 MACD) of -2, if the price crosses to 34.21 MACD will be zero.    Knowing the value the next day/hour etc. would be nice as it allows me to set up purchases based on limit orders. 

If that can&rsquo;t be done do you guys have a discussion where maybe I could put in the values and calculate it myself? (Suspect that if I calulate it, it would require a download of stock prices and I think I can get the daily stock values from the gold edition.)
Thank you
Topic: Watchlist count/percent passing
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:45:30 AM
How would I construct a method that returns the count or percentage passing of a watchlist for a given condition?  Can I chart that number?  Can I set a condition that I can see?

Example:  I want to see the number of stocks in a watchlist are crossing TSV zero line.  I want to mark the condition when the watchlist is > 40%.   Usually when below 40% and moving up crossing the 40% line then we have good moves up in the market.  When we fall below the 40% line we tend to move down, and between 40% and 60% we tend to move sideways or slowly up. 

A chart allows me to see the trend and it makes more sense if it can be done.

Another example would be MACD crossing the zero line.

(I would normally do this only daily, but these types of calculations can be intense even for a mainframe if done for complex formulas and if done on a minute to minute basis.) 

Thanks
Topic: New Build now available
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 3:23:11 AM

In summary the refresh option does not redraw the screens that do not show price painting.  It does redraw those that do show prices.  (Those would be only new ones... or not saved since the refresh.)  

Ok brief history ... after the recent revision 28.

Couldn't get layout to paint prices, prices seemed to be there as the filter would work and I could see the results when I was using a price filter.  After saving any layout or chart, when it is reopened it did not paint the prices.  But for a couple of reloads I can still add a chart or start a new layout and see the painted prices on the new stuff.  Filter still works.  

After about 2 restarts of stockfinder I seem to lose contact with the prices.  If I run a filter with a price I get a crash notice, backscanner processes in seconds and has zeros in the data.  Once my program gets to that point the prices simply don't paint no matter what I do.  (BTW have reloaded a lot of old layouts.... none of them if saved now paint prices.)

If I uninstall the program, uninstalling just the stockfinder with the option to reinstall later does not allow the program to repaint, it simply stays the same.  (no change from not uninstalling it)  

If I uninstall the program, uninstalling all the data .... well it works exactly as I described in the first paragraph.  (2 times then no prices no matter what I do.)

Thanks for working on Sunday.  Really hope no one else is having this problem.

BTW running Windows 7 home premium, my notebook is Acer, Aspire 7736, has a Pentium dual T4400 with 3 GB and it has a 64 bit OS. I do have the Mobile Intel 4 Series on the display and a 17 inch monitor.  Not really having any problems with this chipset... I also reinstalled VB net version 4... just in case it was some library call that got hosed.  

Let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Java56