Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Java56
About
User Name: Java56
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 83
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Reverse EMA Indicator by John Ehlers
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 6:34:06 PM

Thanks Bruce!

As with all Worden works great and thanks for shortcutting this for me love your customer support.

Java56

Topic: Reverse EMA Indicator by John Ehlers
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:39:05 PM

Bruce,

Can you produce the code for the Stocks and Commodities September 2017 Issue “The Reverse EMA Indicator” in Real Code for us or suggest something faster that is it’s equal?  When the company activity marketed Stockfinder you used to be in the Traders Tips all the time, but unfortunately, I don’t find your high-quality products on display as much.  I would like it in PCF as well if possible as I use both Telechart version 7 and Stockfinder because of the long resistance and support lines available.  I don’t believe Stockfinder has an EMA that you can weight yourself or I could possibly pull it off. I find all other coding except Stockfinder and one other product inferior to the rest of the market.  (BTW I would also like to tie it to the VIX-X as the possible trend vs mean reversion to see if I can sharpen its efficiently on trading signals by varying the weight 0.03 and 0.05 on the Alpha as described in the article, suspect I can do that but any help would be welcomed.) 

Thanks

Java56

Topic: Russell 2000
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 9:45:32 PM

I was hoping they would be restored at some point in the future.  No problem I will adjust, still a wonderful product, thanks for keeping it going.

Topic: Russell 2000
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:52:57 PM

Bruce will we be getting the Russell back soon? We had re-balancing recently and a lot of the stocks changed in the index. Is the FSTE still the major operator on the exchange and are they not pricing the Russell Indexes cheaply enough?  Sorry but this is getting old and everyone else seems to be able to provide it.  Maybe you could arrange an extra surcharge for those that use those indexes?

Thanks for your time and forgive me for putting what may be a difficult question to you.

Topic: Russel 2000
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 7:08:13 PM

Bruce will we be getting the Russell back soon? We had re-balancing recently and a lot of the stocks changed in the index. Is the FSTE still the major operator on the exchange and are they not pricing the Russell Indexes cheaply enough?  Sorry but this is getting old and everyone else seems to be able to provide it.  Maybe you could arrange an extra surcharge for those that use those indexes?

Thanks for your time and forgive me for putting what may be a difficult question to you.

Topic: Russell 2000 How do I get the chart?
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:25:31 PM

If you want the stocks on the Russel 2000 in a watchlist you can get them at barchart.com.  Then drop it in a watch list.  I do this about every 2 months.  I set it up as a shortcut in my browser and it takes about 40 seconds to do.  I scan the Russel a lot so I need the stocks .

This is the shortcut:

https://www.barchart.com/stocks/indices/russell/russell2000

Across the top you should see "flipcharts" and "download", I just select download and it gives me around 2000 stocks that I put in a spreadsheet then copy the symbols and simply paste them in to telechart, TC2000 and stockfinder.  This is a fix, but it isn't as good as the great data we get from Worden.

If I want the index, it is available on just about any website or you can use the EFTs that others have has listed.

The beauty of the Worden software is that you can adapt,  it easy, quick and it is inexpensive.

Topic: SuperTrend indicator for Stock Finder5
Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:41:39 AM

Bruce if you have the time, I would love to see how you code a Supertrend indicator,

This is an Amibroker formula for the Supertrend.  Can you convert it? 

BTW I really enjoy stockfinder.  I have looked to see if I can find a replacement in case it breaks, well I haven't so far.

Here is the formula:

_SECTION_BEGIN("ATRtrading");
period = Param("Period", 13, 1, 240, 1);
mult = Param("Multiplier", 1.7, 1, 240, 0.1);

f=ATR(period);

VS[0] = Close[0];
trend[0] = 0;
HighC[0]=0;
Lowc[0]=0;

for( i = period+1; i < BarCount; i++ )
{

vs[i] = vs[i-1];
trend[i] = trend[i-1];
highC[i] = HighC[i-1];
lowc[i] = lowc[i-1];

if ((trend[i]>=0) && ( C[i] <VS[i] ))
{
trend[i] =-1;
HighC[i] = C[i];
lowc[i] = C[i];
}

if ((trend[i]<=0) && ( C[i] >VS[i] ))
{
trend[i]=1;
HighC[i] = C[i];
lowc[i] = C[i];
}

if (trend[i]==-1)
{
if (C[i]<lowc[i]) lowc[i] = C[i];
VS[i]= lowc[i]+ (mult*f[i]);
}

if (trend[i]==1)
{
if (C[i]>HighC[i]) HighC[i] = C[i];
VS[i]= HighC[i]-(mult*f[i]);
}

}

Buy=Cross(Trend,0);
Sell=Cross(0, Trend);

Plot(Close,"Close",colorBlue,styleCandle);
Plot(VS, "Vol Stop",IIf(trend==1,10,11 ),styleThick);

mkol = IIf( Trend==1, 10, 11);
Plot(5, "ribbon", mkol, styleOwnScale|styleArea|styleNoLabel, 0, -5); // Weekly trend

shape = Buy * shapeUpArrow + Sell * shapeDownArrow;
PlotShapes( shape, IIf( Buy, colorGreen, colorRed ), 0, IIf( Buy, Low-f, High+f));
_SECTION_END();

Thanks

Java56

Topic: Watchlist help
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:21:40 PM

Thanks I was having to hand pick the Preferred and Warrrants, this way is much faster.

Java56

Topic: Watchlist help
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:25:37 AM

I need help in developing a specific list of stocks.  The list includes only NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ stocks, excluding ETF&#39;s, unit investment trusts, closed end funds, warrant stocks, preferred securities and any non-SIC classified stock. 

I have attempted to build the list from the Common Stock watchlist provided, but it has warrant stocks in it and preferred securities &hellip; trusts etc.  I want to use the list for tracking NHNL.

Thanks

Topic: Platium Stockfinder
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 3:56:29 AM

Can you still get Stockfinder with a new Platium account or do you have to have a current stockfinder to get it?  I don&#39;t see it anymore on the website. 

Thanks