Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Hannibal41
About
User Name: Hannibal41
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 43
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Watchlist count/percent passing
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:16:14 PM
thanks very much for taking the time to explain this and the nuances to be considered... this makes sense... for customers who would may demand more resources, maybe Worden could give them the option to run TC2000 platform on their desktop or browser and charge them an additional premium... sort of like a host server for websites, some hosts charge clients a premium to guarantee X amount of resources dedicated to their site which are either used individually or shared with a smaller group... ???
Topic: Watchlist count/percent passing
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:08:44 PM
Hi Bruce,I am aware of the custom market indicator feature for StockFinder and the Scan/EasyScan item in TC2000. However, the latter only gives a snapshot and no ability to make historical comparisons.I have asked this question several times and have yet to receive an answer: Does Worden ever intend to add a custom market indicator feature to TC2000 or is it even willing to consider such?Thanks in advance for an answer I hope to receive, whether "yes" or "no".Cheers...
Topic: S&P100 Stocks Above Their 200 Day Moving Average
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 3:07:32 PM
will the worden development team ever give tc2000 users the ability to create custom market indicators (e.g. as the functionality found in stockfinder 5.0)... and allow for condition markers on charts as well... this would be extremely helpful...
Topic: price data for specific calendar dates
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2010 1:05:22 PM
Hello:

Does anyone know the correct format for inputting a specific date for price info? For example, in Telechart 2007 the YTD% change PCF is the following:

((C - C'12/31/2009') / C'12/31/2009') * 100

How would I express this in Stockfinder 5.0?

Thanks in advance for anyone who would care to answer...
Topic: Is there a symbol for WEEKLY CLOSE - Help with PFC
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:01:56 PM
Note that Bruce's method is much simpler, but if you want to use this scan for different time frames or even intraday time frames then  (C >= C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 ) as a custom indicator on your main chart will give you more flexibility....
Topic: Is there a symbol for WEEKLY CLOSE - Help with PFC
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 4:57:10 PM
Try the following:

1) Go to your main chart: right click mouse, then select "add indicator", then select "custom", then select "percent true"

2) Decide if you want indicator in top, middle, or bottom indicator pane

3) Insert the following formula:  C >C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5

4) Deselect "visible" and close

5) Set main chart time frame to Weekly (or 5 bars)

6) Go to Telechart Watchlist and select the watchlist you wish to scan

7) Select Sort drop down and then choose "Indicator" and then select your new formula

8) For time frame select "weekly" and then press "sort"

This should do it.... In your watchlist, any value that shows "100" under your sort column will meet your criteria.

Hope this helps....Good luck,

Hannibal41
Topic: telechart RSI
Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 3:06:26 PM
thank you very much Bruce... i shall rest my case....
Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 2:39:19 PM
i'm a bit confused b/c in blocks player the RS vs. Symbol indicator requires one to edit the "RS period" in the quick edit with a numerical input....

have patience with my ignorance, but if what you are telling me is correct, then the ambiguity is confusing

i appreciate you taking the time to respond to my inquiries....
Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 2:22:58 PM
au contraire.... you are correct in that the Wilder's RSI allows for editing, but there is also the "Relative Strength" parent indicator that allows comparisons to other symbols and this is what i am referring to... there is no editing for this particular indicator.... it only allows one to change the comparison symbols... however there must be a time period for relative strength... what period is this in terms of days or bars?

thanks...
Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 1:23:41 PM
actually, i'm referring to the RSI indicator in telechart... it is a parent indicator but does not allow for editing the RS period.... therefore this must be set to a default... i like the way the indicator performs in telechart and wanted to duplicate it in my blocks 3.0... however, i noticed different results because blocks 3.0 requires a specific # of days input to generate results...

does this make sense?