Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Scan and PCFs Stochastic/MAs/Vol Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BRGZZ
Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:55:37 PM
I'm trying to create a Scan which will do the following:

-Search all stocks and ETFs trading above $8 per share
-Stocks should have a minimum average daily trading volume of 1 million shares or more.
-Stocks should have Weekly Slow Stochastics below 30 (Slow Stochastics set to 10, 3, 3)
-Stocks should have Daily Slow Stochastics below 30 (Slow Stochastics set to 10, 3, 3)
-The 50-day Simple Moving Average should be above the 200-day SMA of the stock's price.
-Stocks should have a minimom market cap of $100 million

I would then like to take the results of this scan, and eliminate all stocks that are not in to top 30% of all stocks, in terms of EPS growth over the past year.
Also, would like to further reduce by elimanting stocks that do not have a minimum of 25% EPS growth over the most recent 2 quarters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly about how to combine PCFs with a scan to  find the results. Thank you.
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:22:12 AM

Worden Trainer

QUOTE (BRGZZ)
-Search all stocks and ETFs trading above $8 per share
-Stocks should have a minimum average daily trading volume of 1 million shares or more.
-Stocks should have Weekly Slow Stochastics below 30 (Slow Stochastics set to 10, 3, 3)
-Stocks should have Daily Slow Stochastics below 30 (Slow Stochastics set to 10, 3, 3)
-The 50-day Simple Moving Average should be above the 200-day SMA of the stock's price.

Please try using the following Personal Criteria Formula as an EasyScan Condition:

How to create a Personal Criteria Forumula (PCF)
Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria

C > 8 AND AVGV90 >= 10000 AND (STOC50 + 2 * STOC50.1.5 + 3 * STOC50.1.10 + 2 * STOC50.1.15 + STOC50.1.20) / 9 < 30 AND AVG(STOC10.3,3) < 30 AND AVGC50 > AVGC200

QUOTE (BRGZZ)
-Stocks should have a minimum market cap of $100 million

You can add Capitalization as an EasyScan Condition with the EasyScan Rangefinder set to Value: 100 to Max.

Definitions of all built in scanning and sorting criteria

Capitalization - This is the latest closing price of a share times the number of shares outstanding as indicated in the latest quarterly report. Sometimes called Market Valuation. This is useful for controlling the size of the company you are scanning for. You can also sort by this value if you wish to rank the companies by size. The units are in millions of dollars.

QUOTE (BRGZZ)
I would then like to take the results of this scan, and eliminate all stocks that are not in to top 30% of all stocks, in terms of EPS growth over the past year.

You can add EPS Percent Change (Latest Yr) as an EasyScan Condition with the EasyScan Rangefinder set to Rank: 70 to Max.

EPS Percent Change (Latest Yr) - The percentage change in earnings for the latest 4 quarters compared to the preceding 4 quarters. An appropriate criterion to include in many types of screens. Also a common criterion to sort by, with the best earners on top.

QUOTE (BRGZZ)
Also, would like to further reduce by elimanting stocks that do not have a minimum of 25% EPS growth over the most recent 2 quarters.

There isn't a build in Fundamental System Criteria for the EPS Growth Rate over the last 2 quarters combined, but you may want to consider using the the following the following built in Fundamental System Criteria as EasyScan Conditions with some sort of minimum growth for each quarter instead.

EPS Percent Change (Latest Q) - The percentage change in earnings per share from the comparable quarter a year before. Timely stocks will usually have strong recent quarterly earnings to validate the annual earnings strength. This reads in percentage.

EPS Percent Change (2nd Q back) - The percentage change in earnings per share from the comparable quarter a year before.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
BRGZZ
Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:49:12 PM

Thank you. I copied and pasted the PCF formula as follows:

C > 8 AND AVGV90 >= 10000 AND (STOC50 + 2 * STOC50.1.5 + 3 * STOC50.1.10 + 2 * STOC50.1.15 + STOC50.1.20) / 9 < 30 AND AVG(STOC10.3,3) < 30 AND AVGC50 > AVGC200

...And then added the PCF as a condition in an Easy Scan.
Alrhough the DAILY Stocahstics are below 30 in the stocks found, the WEEKLY Stichastics are not. (many are above 70). Any suggestions?

Also, regarding the EPS Percent Change .... using the Rangefinder set to Rank ....I set these to Market Rank. I think that is what you meant (as opposed to List Rank). 
Thanks again.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:58:10 PM

Worden Trainer

QUOTE (BRGZZ)
Alrhough the DAILY Stocahstics are below 30 in the stocks found, the WEEKLY Stichastics are not. (many are above 70). Any suggestions?

Can you provide some example symbols? I cannot find a single symbol where the Personal Criteria Formula returns True and the Simple Weekly Stochastic 10,3,3 is not below 30 on my computer.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles