Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: BRGZZ
About
User Name: BRGZZ
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 48
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Ulto Scan
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:55:51 AM
I need a scan that does the following:

1) 4-day Exponential MA crossing up over the 10-day Simple MA.

2) 10-day Simple MA above the 25-day SMA

3) 25-day SMA above the 50-day SMA

4) EPS growth in latest quarter in the top 10% (in terms of percentage growth) in th entire market of stocks only. 

5) 3-quarters of consecutive EPS growth of 25% or more

6) Return on equity of 25% or more

7) Sales growth of 25% or more in the past 3-qurters consequtivel.

8) Minimum price per share of $10

9) Minimum shares traded per day of 500K

10) Minimum of being traded for 3-months or more

11) Relative Strength hitting new highs on a daily basis (going back 6-months)

Please advise as to the code, do I need a scan, or formula ot what?
Thanks
Topic: Average True Range
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:03:11 PM
Does TeleChart have any way to calculate Average True Range?
Topic: Scan for rising Stochastics
Posted: Saturday, August 7, 2010 7:22:02 AM
How can I create a formula condition to find stocks with stochastics which had been below 25, and have now very recently crossed over above 25 (to find potential reversals)? Thanks
Topic: Scan and PCFs Stochastic/MAs/Vol
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:49:12 PM

Thank you. I copied and pasted the PCF formula as follows:

C > 8 AND AVGV90 >= 10000 AND (STOC50 + 2 * STOC50.1.5 + 3 * STOC50.1.10 + 2 * STOC50.1.15 + STOC50.1.20) / 9 < 30 AND AVG(STOC10.3,3) < 30 AND AVGC50 > AVGC200

...And then added the PCF as a condition in an Easy Scan.
Alrhough the DAILY Stocahstics are below 30 in the stocks found, the WEEKLY Stichastics are not. (many are above 70). Any suggestions?

Also, regarding the EPS Percent Change .... using the Rangefinder set to Rank ....I set these to Market Rank. I think that is what you meant (as opposed to List Rank). 
Thanks again.

Topic: Relative Strenth PCF - formula structure
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:21:01 AM
Regarding RS: can this be done by using a SORT of the RS indicator on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
Add RS indicator to chart, set chart to daily/weekly/yearly/ whichever you want, and right click the RS indicator heading, then select 'Sort By'.  The results seem to vary when viewed in decending order.
Any suggestions? Thanks
Topic: Scan and PCFs Stochastic/MAs/Vol
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:55:37 PM
I'm trying to create a Scan which will do the following:

-Search all stocks and ETFs trading above $8 per share
-Stocks should have a minimum average daily trading volume of 1 million shares or more.
-Stocks should have Weekly Slow Stochastics below 30 (Slow Stochastics set to 10, 3, 3)
-Stocks should have Daily Slow Stochastics below 30 (Slow Stochastics set to 10, 3, 3)
-The 50-day Simple Moving Average should be above the 200-day SMA of the stock's price.
-Stocks should have a minimom market cap of $100 million

I would then like to take the results of this scan, and eliminate all stocks that are not in to top 30% of all stocks, in terms of EPS growth over the past year.
Also, would like to further reduce by elimanting stocks that do not have a minimum of 25% EPS growth over the most recent 2 quarters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly about how to combine PCFs with a scan to  find the results. Thank you.
Topic: Spotting trend changes using linear regression channel sorts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:30:23 AM
I've run the Linear Regression sort as in the video, using the Telechart's ETFs list as the watchlist, and came up with 123 ETFs. Is there a way to find the ETFs which fit the sort, but have now pulled back to the 10-day price's SMA? 
So maybe I have to sort based on the linear regression which occurred like 1 to 2 weeks back, and run a PCF (or Scan?) to find the ones that have now pulled back to the 10-day SMA. How can I do that? Thanks.
Topic: Stochastics
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:35:49 AM
I'm trying to translate a system's stochastic settings to Telechart.
The stochastics are described simply as 10, 3 "Slow Stochastics."
Since Telechart asks for three settings (including 'Period'), what would be the Period setting on Telechart to tramslate that into a slow stochastics?
Topic: Stochastics below 30
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 5:39:52 AM
Is there a PCF formula I can use for Stochastics:

1) Weekly stochastics below 30
2) Dsaily stochastics below 30 and turning up?

My stochastics are set to `14, 3, 3
Topic: EZ scan for stiocks with 3-5 consecutive down days
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:52:55 PM
Thanks Bruce ,,,I appreciate that!

One final question:
What would be the code to add a formula condition that reqires the stock's most recent quarterly EPS to have increased over the previous quarter? Over the previous 2 quarters?

Also, another seperate condition to require that the most recent quaterly EPS be up a minimum of 25% over the previous quarter.

Thanks again~