Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mmlmedv
About
User Name: mmlmedv
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 45
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: trading firms
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:38:12 AM
I like MB trading for their variety of orders. For example, you can enter an order to buy a stock at a buy stop, set a stop loss, a trailing stop. And all of these is in one order.
MB trading does not provide any charting at all.
Topic: need advise on streaming trin, tick
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2008 4:10:19 PM
It is free for ameritrade subscribers. The problem is with the ameritrade. It just stopped providing the tick and trin. I switched to a platinum service for a month just to have the 2 mentioned charts. The thing is that I am not using any of the features of TC platinum. 
I am not sure it is worth paying $100 per month just for the tick and trin if they are available somewhere else for less.
Posted: Sunday, April 6, 2008 2:04:07 PM
the quotetracker used my ameritrade account to do it. But about a month ago it just stopped working.
Or it is just me?
Posted: Saturday, April 5, 2008 9:17:30 AM
Does anyone know where I can get streaming real time intraday charts for trin, tick, A-D line?

I know that TC platinum does provide them, but is threre a cheaper way to have it?

I am happy with the gold membership and the only thing I need is the above mentioned charts.
Ameritrade just stopped doing it about a month ago.

Topic: Options charts
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2008 3:22:19 PM

I am attending The Traders Expo tomorrow in New York. There will be many brokerages, other services. I will find out if they offer the charts and the pricing.
Thank you tdezo, I will check it out.

Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:34:15 PM
Thanks bigblock. IT IS expensive.
The reason I was trying to examine the options behavior is that I sold my yahoo calls the next day aftet microsoft anouncement to buy the company. And I could sell the calls for much more if I sold them later the same day. The underlying stock price was about the same, but the option's prices changed a lot.
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:04:39 PM
Bigblock, I do trade options. The reason I need the charts is that options behavior is not studied seriosly so far. 

The greeks just do not tell you everything. So, the question is where I can get historical option prices.
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 7:15:30 PM
Are options charts available, like stocks charts? Where can I find them?
Topic: Apsll ?
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:01:03 PM
You do not need to appologize APSLL. You are sharing your own experience and I am sure everyone is thankful for what you are doing.
Thank you for your thoughts on trading stocks with the previous day large move.  I used to avoid them, but heard before as well they are a better choice. 
Topic: Apsll ?
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 11:33:45 AM
Thanks APSLL for answering my question. 
Let me ask you another one. 
If stocks like IRBT, CALM are up 6-7% yesterday and a stop is a previos day low is not it tooooo risky to trade them. 
In day trading 1-2%  profit comparing to 8% stop loss.