Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: go4it
About
User Name: go4it
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 18
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Institutional Holdings -->revisited
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:27:26 AM

There is a very old thread on this site - dating back to 2005 - referring to the institutional holdings fundamental "indicator". With the changes in the program over the years, I have several questons...

1- how do I build a PCF to look for companies with increasing or decreasing institutional holdings over the last few (let's say 2-3) quarters?

2- specifically what syntax is used to find passing companies that are increasing or devreasing their holdings.

3- am I correct to assume that this indicator relates only to the reported holdings of larte institutional investors who are required to report their holdings in a given company on a regular basis.

4- Is it true that this does NOT apply to insider holdings.

One comment for those who use this indicator:  the reports are issued quarterly. What you see currently, reflects the activity from the last quarter, not the present one. So in using this you are not seeing what is happening in the current quarter, only what occurred in the last quarter. Large investment companies accumulate and distribute shares constantly, but the net aggregate of their activity does have effects on security prices over time.

Topic: Stochastic Price Divergences
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:20:00 PM

Would it be simpler to calculate a slope angle (slope index) in relation to a horizontal 0 line i.e. upward or positive (+)  and downward or negative (-) for the or stochastic,  compared to the slope index of price over x number of days?

It would seem that the difference in slope is the more critical factor here.

And then, could a PCF be created to show a variable for the difference between the two.  This could be sorted  to survey charts with small or large differences in their slope angles between stochastic and price.

Also, his method could likely be used to show divergences between ANY 2 plots, be it two indicators or price + any other indicator.

I had created a slope index indicator with a single factor to evaluate the upward or downward slope of TSV  for sorting using TSV slope, but until now I never thought of using it to compare to the price trend via a variable.

Do you think it would work, Bruce?

go4it

Topic: Stochastic Theory
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 8:46:19 AM

Interesting site regarding multiple stochastics. I've been using multiple stochastic lines since about 2004. I called them "sequential stochastics". Discovered how powerfull they were back then and still use them successfuuly to this day. I posted multiple notes on the old Telechart system back then. Have been looking for verification of the method since then.(At that time I was using Platinum, now on GOLD)

I have used both fib based and linear step methods for the multiple stoch line parameters, but have always favored those based on fibonnacci numbers.

Oldest notes I could fine were on ADSK 5-20-2005 and CSCO 8-22-2005. It seems charts older than that do not show up correctly on ancient notes.

It is curious to see that great minds think alike!!

Thanks for posting mammon.

Topic: questions on desktop tabs
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:24:51 AM

Thanks !

Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:21:47 PM

Thanks for the reply.

The tabs I was referring to are the ones along the bottom of the workspace.

I cannot delete them via a right click move since  there is no pop-up menu with a right click - but CTL-Rt click does show the change name pop-up menu with other user selectable formatting options in that window.

Since I cant delete a tab, what I've had to do is create an entire new "desktop" with all new tabs, excluding the ones I don't use anymore.   Then I "delete" the old desk top. That is cumbersome.

I've tried shift-rt click but that does nothing.  NOTE: I'm using a MAC for this. Do you think it wold work on a windows PC?

As far as I know the software is up to date. It checks for updates when I open the program.

Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:37:53 PM

Bruce,

I have searched for these but have not found an answer yet...

In TC2000 v 12......

1- can the desktop tabs be re-ordered (or moved)? I've tried click & drag but it doesn't work.

2- How do I delete or remove a tab that I no longer use?  Do I have to delete each field then add new ones and rename the tab?

3- after we do create new chart tab name for a revised chart, is there a way to delete old, unused names from the chart name list? I've already had several names up to ver 3 or ver 4 and don't use previous versions.

Thanks,

go4it

Topic: I need a custom study built for linear regression?
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:07:51 PM

Bruce,

Thank you for these formulae for TC v12.

Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2012 1:15:17 PM

Bruce,

While I'm at it I wanted to remind "the Worden's" of how frustrating it is to be  using a program for many years then all of the sudden have it go through 3 complete iterations with EACH VERSION being a totally new program with "new features" that work in a way that it totally DIFFERENT than any other version. Personally it sounds like the company has, quite frankly, "lost it way" and is wandering between random ideas ffrom month to month. 

First there was Telechart, then there was blocks, then there was Stockfinder now there is TC2000 v? But mportanat features were left out of what is  now TC v? compareed to it's parent?

It would not surprise me the least of you have lost a lot of subscribers along the way! I'm wondering if this is going to continue because if it is, I may switch to a more stable program from another company. And I've been with you for 20 years. Someone high up needs to take control of the situation and grab the management bull by the horns. This is a ship with  no rudder right now. We want continued addition  of NEW features WITHOUT destruction of the old useful features that were the reason why we srated to use the darn program to begin with!

go4it

please forward to Chris & Peter.

Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2012 12:38:18 PM

Bruce,

Regarding this topic, I am a long term TC user (since early 90's) and I'm very discouraged to hear you say that there is no way to add straignt linear regression channels to telchart 12. You know that is one of the best features of the old TC v7, and Don used channels a lot. So do I. Please ask the top programers if there is not a way to skin this cat.

But regarding the Moving linear regression channels... here are the parameters I would like:

Period:  30

Extension: 0

Point to plot: ?? I would suspect this would be the latest data point from which the calculations would look back x number of  chart units???? For me that setting would be 30.

Width: I traditionally used 2, 3 and 4 standard deviations on my straight regression channels. Is it possible to code "switchs" to turn these on/off buy changing a code parameter to null (0)? If it has to be set to one specific setting only, I would choose  +/- 3 s.d. , but an "on/off" switch would be good too.

Thanks, John Farrell

go4it on TC

Topic: Telechart Compatibility to Windows Vista...??
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:00:32 PM
samody,

There is an issue - which worden is aware of - which causes your screen to become scrambled. They have communicated this to microsoft who is aware of it and is supposed to be working on a solution. I have been using (or trying to use) an HP DV9000 series laptop with Vista Ultimate (64 bit version) for almost 3 months. What happens is the screen basically locks up and scrambles what is on the screen after TC has been running for a while. The problem is so bad that you cannot get to the shutdown command of the start bar. I have programmed my shut down routine to turn the computer off if I either push the power button OR close the lid. That is the ONLY way to stop the screen issue. When you re-boot, it is OK for a while. This only occurs when I have TC running (I can run it for hours with other programs running and the problem does not occur). I was told by a spokeman at worden that they have made microsoft aware of the problem and apparently it occurs with visual basic-written programs used in Vista machines. Microsoft has to fix it and I presume and upgrade will come from them. I don't know if it happens with all versions of Vista. Some are 32 bit and others are 64 bit software. Ultimate happens to be a 64 bit version.

You sound like you are going to upgrade an existing system to Vista. Is there a reason why you want to do this? Based on my experience,

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AN UPGRADE TO VISTA AT THIS TIME.

Plus, there are many other programs that have issues with vista. It is to the point I am considering getting a copy of Win XP to install, wiping out Vista on my brand new laptop!!!

Note to those considering a NEW machine...

almost everythng now comes ONLY with VISTA - you don't have a choice. Note, I said almost. Dell has both desktop and laptop machines with EITHER vista or Win XP. Look on their web site under smalll business to find these. You have a choice of either OS when you purchase. News releases said they did this because of the large volume of COMPLAINTS they received from purchasers. It is interesting the other computer makers did nothing about this so far - they are STILL pushing vista. And, I have nothing to do with Dell - I don't even own their stock!

If you a re a platinum user you can contact me via TC mail to discuss this further. My TC name is go4it.