Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Institutional Holdings -->revisited Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
go4it
Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:27:26 AM

There is a very old thread on this site - dating back to 2005 - referring to the institutional holdings fundamental "indicator". With the changes in the program over the years, I have several questons...

1- how do I build a PCF to look for companies with increasing or decreasing institutional holdings over the last few (let's say 2-3) quarters?

2- specifically what syntax is used to find passing companies that are increasing or devreasing their holdings.

3- am I correct to assume that this indicator relates only to the reported holdings of larte institutional investors who are required to report their holdings in a given company on a regular basis.

4- Is it true that this does NOT apply to insider holdings.

One comment for those who use this indicator:  the reports are issued quarterly. What you see currently, reflects the activity from the last quarter, not the present one. So in using this you are not seeing what is happening in the current quarter, only what occurred in the last quarter. Large investment companies accumulate and distribute shares constantly, but the net aggregate of their activity does have effects on security prices over time.