Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

questions on desktop tabs Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
go4it
Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:37:53 PM

Bruce,

I have searched for these but have not found an answer yet...

In TC2000 v 12......

1- can the desktop tabs be re-ordered (or moved)? I've tried click & drag but it doesn't work.

2- How do I delete or remove a tab that I no longer use?  Do I have to delete each field then add new ones and rename the tab?

3- after we do create new chart tab name for a revised chart, is there a way to delete old, unused names from the chart name list? I've already had several names up to ver 3 or ver 4 and don't use previous versions.

Thanks,

go4it

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:02:41 PM

Worden Trainer

I don't know what Desktop Tabs would be. You can only have one Desktop up at a time.

You can delete the Workspace tabs at the bottom of the Desktop by right-clicking on them and selecting Close Workspace. It is not possible to re-order the Workspace tabs without removing and re-adding them.

You can left-click on a tabbed item within a Workspace and keep holding down the mouse button to drag a tab to re-order it. You can right-click on a tabbed item within a Workspace and select Delete Tab to remove a tab.

If you select Charts along the left hand side, there will be an X to the far right of any charts in the My Charts section which will allow you to delete your saved charts.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
go4it
Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:21:47 PM

Thanks for the reply.

The tabs I was referring to are the ones along the bottom of the workspace.

I cannot delete them via a right click move since  there is no pop-up menu with a right click - but CTL-Rt click does show the change name pop-up menu with other user selectable formatting options in that window.

Since I cant delete a tab, what I've had to do is create an entire new "desktop" with all new tabs, excluding the ones I don't use anymore.   Then I "delete" the old desk top. That is cumbersome.

I've tried shift-rt click but that does nothing.  NOTE: I'm using a MAC for this. Do you think it wold work on a windows PC?

As far as I know the software is up to date. It checks for updates when I open the program.

bobre1
Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:34:46 AM

I'm not running a MAC so I can't comment on that, but right clicking definitely works on a PC go4it.

The option is actually named "Close Workspace."

To delete a workspace from your machine, go to "File" -> "Open Workspace" then click on the "X" by the workspace you want to delete.

Bob

go4it
Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:24:51 AM

Thanks !