Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Telechart Compatibility to Windows Vista...?? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
samody
Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:06:39 AM
Please tell me if your TleChart is compatible with Windows vista before installing it..Thanks
go4it
Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:00:32 PM
samody,

There is an issue - which worden is aware of - which causes your screen to become scrambled. They have communicated this to microsoft who is aware of it and is supposed to be working on a solution. I have been using (or trying to use) an HP DV9000 series laptop with Vista Ultimate (64 bit version) for almost 3 months. What happens is the screen basically locks up and scrambles what is on the screen after TC has been running for a while. The problem is so bad that you cannot get to the shutdown command of the start bar. I have programmed my shut down routine to turn the computer off if I either push the power button OR close the lid. That is the ONLY way to stop the screen issue. When you re-boot, it is OK for a while. This only occurs when I have TC running (I can run it for hours with other programs running and the problem does not occur). I was told by a spokeman at worden that they have made microsoft aware of the problem and apparently it occurs with visual basic-written programs used in Vista machines. Microsoft has to fix it and I presume and upgrade will come from them. I don't know if it happens with all versions of Vista. Some are 32 bit and others are 64 bit software. Ultimate happens to be a 64 bit version.

You sound like you are going to upgrade an existing system to Vista. Is there a reason why you want to do this? Based on my experience,

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AN UPGRADE TO VISTA AT THIS TIME.

Plus, there are many other programs that have issues with vista. It is to the point I am considering getting a copy of Win XP to install, wiping out Vista on my brand new laptop!!!

Note to those considering a NEW machine...

almost everythng now comes ONLY with VISTA - you don't have a choice. Note, I said almost. Dell has both desktop and laptop machines with EITHER vista or Win XP. Look on their web site under smalll business to find these. You have a choice of either OS when you purchase. News releases said they did this because of the large volume of COMPLAINTS they received from purchasers. It is interesting the other computer makers did nothing about this so far - they are STILL pushing vista. And, I have nothing to do with Dell - I don't even own their stock!

If you a re a platinum user you can contact me via TC mail to discuss this further. My TC name is go4it.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 25, 2007 10:55:17 AM

Worden Trainer

samody,
You may also wish to review the following:

TeleChart and Windows Vista
TCNET ON VISTA HOME PREMIUM Garbles up screen after some time
Windows Vista - Can't Delete Watchlists nor Trendlines

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles