Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: cpolaritz
About
User Name: cpolaritz
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 123
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Using Hull moving averages in PCFs
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:08:26 PM

I just tried to use hAvgC200 in a PCF and it produced an error. I know Hull moving averages have been added to the charts, hooray. How are they setup inside PCF's?

If the PCF does not have the Hull moving average function, I don't need you to build a super formula at this time, thanks because I know you would. If the function is not included though, could you please add this to the requested todo list. Thanks again.

Topic: Alerts on watchlists
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:50:49 PM

You have to manually repeat it for each symbol as far as I know. If you have it set as an indicator on a chart just bring up each symbol in turn and right click the indicator and set a new alert.

Topic: 52week high scan
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:09:29 PM

There are probably other ways and even better ways to do what I am about to suggest, but for me I like to check my work visually, so I always start with a cust indicator on a chart. This may work for you as well.

I suggest:

Add a Custom indicator to your chart. Use a Custom PCF % True indicator. Once it is on the chart (daily) edit it. In the edit screen in the Boolean Formula area paste the following:

c <= (.85 * MaxH252)

Say OK to complete and view the new indicator. Your indicator should show a spike on any symbol that is now 15 percent or less below its 252 day high, also anywhere the condition was met in the past. I am using 252 daily bars to make up a year. Test this with your known symbols to verify it is the condition that you want to use. If it is a go, then proceed to the next step.

On your chart where the new indicator you just created is, there is its indicator title " Formula c <= (.85 * MaxH252) ", Right Click on that indicator title. This should open a short menu. On that menu click create a scan condition. It will open a box with a defaut condition stating basicly if the condition is greater than zero, also its time frame should be daily, that condition works without any changes, click any one of the three opptions below if you have a preference. If you don&#39;t have a preference just click "Scan in a new window" and it will create a window with a new Easyscan using this indicator and formula and run it against the SP-500 Watchlist. You can then change the watchlist to any other watchlist afterwards if you want.

I just ran it and there are 97 stocks in the SP-500 watchlist that fit your request. I often create indicators and once I am satisfied with the results, I make a quick Easyscan in the manor discribed above. I hope that helps you with your weekend work. The support staff will give you the professional options for this on Monday. Enjoy.

Topic: HEIKEN-ASHI in TC2000 V12
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 2:21:35 PM

With regard to the use of the HA Red to Green and HA Green to Red: I use these indicators as an alert on my favorites, often ETFs, to signal me when to do a quick bit of futher research. Like charts with Bollinger Bands, Fibs, and a series of other charts in various time frames, to get an idea if a posisition should be taken or taken off. Sometimes you get a false signal, but the majority of times, it is a quick and dirty primary swing indicator. I have used it for years and it is one of the best quick tell indicators to start with. It helps keep you out of trouble. I never bet opposite of what these indicators tell.

Topic: HEIKEN-ASHI in TC2000 V12
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:10:30 PM

I have a couple of HA indicators that show a spike in a Pct True custom indicator. The first is HA Red to Green and the second is HA Green to Red. I color the first green and the second red. If this pair helps your timing for a swing trade, I am glad to share. After you place them on  the chart, you can set an alert to show you when these indicators are greater than zero. When that occurs, HA color has turned either Red to Green or Green to Red depending on which indicator your alert is set.

HA Red to Green (Label)

O + H + L + C >= XAVGO3.1 + XAVGH3.1 + XAVGL3.1 + XAVGC3.1 AND O1 + H1 + L1 + C1 < XAVGO3.2 + XAVGH3.2 + XAVGL3.2 + XAVGC3.2

HA Green to Red (Label)

O + H + L + C < XAVGO3.1 + XAVGH3.1 + XAVGL3.1 + XAVGC3.1 AND O1 + H1 + L1 + C1 >= XAVGO3.2 + XAVGH3.2 + XAVGL3.2 + XAVGC3.2

Topic: How do I use yesterday's RSI2 data?
Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2015 11:08:56 PM

Bruce, I have been lurking around here for about 18 years now and have seen a lot of repeat questions like the one above. You are a fantastic help to us hackers, but with the common items like Wilders RSI used as a PCF, could we respectfully ask as a suggestion, that a WRSI PCF version be added to the system so that the PCFs do not have to be so cumbersome (WRSI2.1.1 < 50). There are a good number of other items like this that come up often that could just be coded into the system. I have been struggling with the Hull moving averages for a while as an example (why do I even need to write a PCF to use a Hull ma). Things get crazy when you have 5 lines of formula that you have to subtract from the same 5 line formula with the numbers altered to be 2 bars back. Maybe some of the repeats could get formally coded into the system in an upcoming release and save us all some gray hairs. I know you have a hit list with the usual formulas that should be coded into the system permenantly. When they do add them, please give us a heads up and a cheat sheet. Thanks

Topic: McClellan Oscillator
Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2015 10:27:50 PM

Haveing most of the T21xx run against any watchlist would be a fantasic upgrade. I trade SPX (SP-500) a lot and I would love to run the McClellan oscillator and the McClellan summation against the SP-500 list. Also, the T2123 Cum 4wk new high low, would be a good candidate to run against SP-500 or other index watchlists. Please consider opening up any T21xx that can run against a variable watchlist. Why do we have to look at data for the NYSE when we are trading SP-500, IWM, or QQQ, opening them up just makes good sense for this era. I&#39;d like to retire those buggy wips now that I drive a Prius. Thanks:)

Topic: Hull moving averages
Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2015 9:50:56 PM

Please add Hull moving averages to the stock moving average types and also to the PCF&#39;s. A PCF format like hAvgC20 - hAvgC20.2 would be welcome to cutting and pasting handmade formula. Thanks.

Topic: Personal Custom Indicator tracking the Count of an EasyScan
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2014 3:23:21 PM

Bruce, could you put a suggestion in the future plans suggestion box to add a new feature to TC2000. I would like to see users be able to create a personal (T21) style indicator that is chartable and that you can set alerts on, that is based on a total count from an EasyScan. We might want that indicator to be name (U21) as in U2101 and U2102, etc.

An example of such an indicator could simply be using an EasyScan of all SP-500 stocks that have met a condition such as the 20 day moving average is below the same 20 day moving average five days ago. This example shows SP-500 stocks with falling 20 day moving averages. How many SP-500 stocks meet this condition today and how has that changed over the past six months. What would its 50 day moving average of that indicator be? I don&#39;t know., but if I had the ability to create my own indicator, I would know that answer.

The personal indicator that I am suggesting would take a days total count of an EasyScan and save it and allow the user to show it plotted on a chart. This way you could see your personal indicators plotted and watch the movement in time.

I know there are a lot of considerations in terms of resource issues to consider when doing this, but my suggestion would be to start small. Give users ten self created indicators that work by using a daily alert that would capture a count at end of day for a single EasyScan total. See how that goes. I think a lot of users would like to track the totals of an EasyScan in this manor and that it would be very popular.

Some users have very involved EasyScans and might find it useful to track their counts over time.

Thank you for entering this into the suggestion box. I am wondering if other users would like this feature?

Topic: Help convert TQI Amibroker formula to PCF
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:13:46 PM

Having never used AMIBroker, Is the noise cancel a big improvement to the base calculation? Could we take a look at DT?