Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How do I use yesterday's RSI2 data? Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
hppeng
Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 7:11:30 PM

Hi, Can you please let me know how in PCF I can use yesterday's RSI2 data? For example, one criteria of the scan is yesterday's RSI2 has to be smaller than 50.

Thanks.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:21:20 PM

Worden Trainer

If it is the plain RSI indicator without Wilder's smoothing:

RSI2.1.1 < 50

If it is the RSI - Wilder's indicator with Wilder's smoothing:

50 * (C1 - XAVGC3.2) / 2 / (.5000305 * (ABS(C1 - C2) + .5 * (ABS(C2 - C3) + .5 * (ABS(C3 - C4) + .5 * (ABS(C4 - C5) + .5 * (ABS(C5 - C6) + .5 * (ABS(C6 - C7) + .5 * (ABS(C7 - C8) + .5 * (ABS(C8 - C9) + .5 * (ABS(C9 - C10) + .5 * (ABS(C10 - C11) + .5 * (ABS(C11 - C12) + .5 * (ABS(C12 - C13) + .5 * (ABS(C13 - C14) + .5 * (ABS(C14 - C15)))))))))))))))) + 50 < 50

That said, you can generally create conditions based on an indicator value from the previous bar by adding a 1-period exponential moving average with an offset of 1 to the indicator. You can then click on the offset moving average and select Create Scan Condition to create the condition instead of clicking on the indicator directly.

Create Conditions from Your Chart (5:25)

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
hppeng
Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 5:29:37 PM

Thanks a lot. You answered both the questions.

cpolaritz
Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 11:08:56 PM

Bruce, I have been lurking around here for about 18 years now and have seen a lot of repeat questions like the one above. You are a fantastic help to us hackers, but with the common items like Wilders RSI used as a PCF, could we respectfully ask as a suggestion, that a WRSI PCF version be added to the system so that the PCFs do not have to be so cumbersome (WRSI2.1.1 < 50). There are a good number of other items like this that come up often that could just be coded into the system. I have been struggling with the Hull moving averages for a while as an example (why do I even need to write a PCF to use a Hull ma). Things get crazy when you have 5 lines of formula that you have to subtract from the same 5 line formula with the numbers altered to be 2 bars back. Maybe some of the repeats could get formally coded into the system in an upcoming release and save us all some gray hairs. I know you have a hit list with the usual formulas that should be coded into the system permenantly. When they do add them, please give us a heads up and a cheat sheet. Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 11:24:48 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion (it is one I have personally pushed).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles