Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Personal Custom Indicator tracking the Count of an EasyScan Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
cpolaritz
Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 3:23:21 PM

Bruce, could you put a suggestion in the future plans suggestion box to add a new feature to TC2000. I would like to see users be able to create a personal (T21) style indicator that is chartable and that you can set alerts on, that is based on a total count from an EasyScan. We might want that indicator to be name (U21) as in U2101 and U2102, etc.

An example of such an indicator could simply be using an EasyScan of all SP-500 stocks that have met a condition such as the 20 day moving average is below the same 20 day moving average five days ago. This example shows SP-500 stocks with falling 20 day moving averages. How many SP-500 stocks meet this condition today and how has that changed over the past six months. What would its 50 day moving average of that indicator be? I don't know., but if I had the ability to create my own indicator, I would know that answer.

The personal indicator that I am suggesting would take a days total count of an EasyScan and save it and allow the user to show it plotted on a chart. This way you could see your personal indicators plotted and watch the movement in time.

I know there are a lot of considerations in terms of resource issues to consider when doing this, but my suggestion would be to start small. Give users ten self created indicators that work by using a daily alert that would capture a count at end of day for a single EasyScan total. See how that goes. I think a lot of users would like to track the totals of an EasyScan in this manor and that it would be very popular.

Some users have very involved EasyScans and might find it useful to track their counts over time.

Thank you for entering this into the suggestion box. I am wondering if other users would like this feature?

Jessica_R
Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 3:38:39 PM

Worden Staff

cpolartiz,

Thank you for your detailed suggestion. I have forwarded it to our development team on your behalf.