Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

52week high scan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
markstoxx
Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 6:26:35 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

How would I set up a scan that would alow me to search for all stocks at say 15% ( or more/less) below their 52 week high or even a longer duration

jackmerz
Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 8:19:31 PM

Create a new Easy Scan with the following condition added:   "Price as Percent of 52 Week High" 

Then edit the condition for what you want. For example, choose the following parameters for the condition: 

Less than

Daily (for time frame) 

85.00 (for value) 

This should bring back all stocks that  presently have a price that is at least 15% below their 52 week high.

cpolaritz
Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:09:29 PM

There are probably other ways and even better ways to do what I am about to suggest, but for me I like to check my work visually, so I always start with a cust indicator on a chart. This may work for you as well.

I suggest:

Add a Custom indicator to your chart. Use a Custom PCF % True indicator. Once it is on the chart (daily) edit it. In the edit screen in the Boolean Formula area paste the following:

c <= (.85 * MaxH252)

Say OK to complete and view the new indicator. Your indicator should show a spike on any symbol that is now 15 percent or less below its 252 day high, also anywhere the condition was met in the past. I am using 252 daily bars to make up a year. Test this with your known symbols to verify it is the condition that you want to use. If it is a go, then proceed to the next step.

On your chart where the new indicator you just created is, there is its indicator title " Formula c <= (.85 * MaxH252) ", Right Click on that indicator title. This should open a short menu. On that menu click create a scan condition. It will open a box with a defaut condition stating basicly if the condition is greater than zero, also its time frame should be daily, that condition works without any changes, click any one of the three opptions below if you have a preference. If you don't have a preference just click "Scan in a new window" and it will create a window with a new Easyscan using this indicator and formula and run it against the SP-500 Watchlist. You can then change the watchlist to any other watchlist afterwards if you want.

I just ran it and there are 97 stocks in the SP-500 watchlist that fit your request. I often create indicators and once I am satisfied with the results, I make a quick Easyscan in the manor discribed above. I hope that helps you with your weekend work. The support staff will give you the professional options for this on Monday. Enjoy.

markstoxx
Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 12:54:43 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Answers my question thanks for taking the time

dawg1
Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 1:48:25 AM

1. Is there a way to do a New all Time High scan with the RSI?

2. Is there also a way to do a scan if i wanted the RSI to stay below a certain number for so many weeks?   example:  Crossing above 50.00 after being below it for 6 months.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 12:52:10 PM

Worden Trainer

No, you can create an all time high scan for price, but it is not possible to do so for RSI. About the best you could do is create a scan for a 500 bar high by clicking on the RSI, selecting Create Scan Condition and choosing New High.

To check for RSI crossing above 50, try adding Donchion Channels to the RSI with the Period of the Donchian Channels to the number of bars you need RSI to be below 50.

You can then click on RSI and select Create Scan Condition to create a condition for RSI crossing up through 0 and click on the Donchian Channels and select Create Scan Condition to create a condition for Chan Top - Less Than 50.

Create Conditions from Your Chart (5:25)

You would then need to add both conditions to the same EasyScan.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions (7:29)

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles