Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Skeeva
About
User Name: Skeeva
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Specific Sector Scans
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2017 6:54:04 PM

OK, thanks for getting back to me.  So, this may be a stupid question, but how do I Sort the sectors for a two month period?

I'm going to the drill down and looking at sector indexes, but then when I open one and choose custom date sort and plot it on the chart it is pulling up a sorted list of stocks that are in that sector.  

But what I wanted to do first is to do a 2 month sorted list by sectors then sort by %change 

Is that possible?

Topic: Specific Sector Scans
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:01:07 PM

Hi Bruce, 

Your help has been amazing!  I've been looking at videos and trying to figure this out, but it's not making a lot of sense on how to do this and I was hoping you could help.. 

I want to create the following scans and not sure how to do it-

#1)  Have a Scan of all the sectors to identify the top 3 performing sectors for the last two months.

#2)  Scan each of those sectors (individually) to identify the top 4 performing stocks over the last two months for each sector.  

I'm assuming that after #1 I can just pull the sector into a watchlist and sort by %Change?  Right?

But I don't know what the easiest way is or if thre is a PCF I could write that would search for the top 3 performing sectors?  

Any help would be appreciated! 

Topic: Historical Week Price Movement
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:30:58 PM

Hi Bruce, 

I apologize if this question has been answered before.  I was looking through the forum and could not find a question like it. 

I want to know if it is possible and if so, what the PCF or scan would look like to determine the following:

I want to look back over the last year in weekly increments (M-F) to see if a particular stock price moved at least 10% or more in a given week.   I also would like to identify the weeks that it made the moves, if possible.. 

If that is not possible, is it possible to look back to the week (M-F) exactly one year ago from today and determine the percentage price move of a stock or at least tell if it moved 10% or more. 

Thanks so much for the time!

Topic: Moving Average Display Bug
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:16:22 PM

I have two MA the formulas can be seen in the screenshot, but one is AVGC20 and the other is AVGC50 (the 20 and 50 day MA).

When I look at the chart, the lines are not drawn properly and therefore do not correspond accurately to the chart I'm looking at.  Maybe there is a setting I need to set up in my TC2000 v7??

The 20MA is calculated at 28.14 and the 50MA is calculated at 27.68.  (for MU end of day 5/23)

However, when you look at this chart both of those lines that are plotted on the graph are ending at 29???  

Then I tried adding the MovAvg50 Indicator instead of using my formula.  This is calculating at 25.81 as opposed to the formula I'm using that is showing 27.68.  Why is there a difference?

Does anyone know why this is happening and is there a fix for it?

I have a screenshot that I can mail to you if you need it. 

Topic: STOCHASTIC 8,3,3 Doesn't appear to be correct
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 9:53:34 PM

Thank you for that answer.  I think it was more a product of my mis-understanding, than your explanation, as now I understand and looking back at your first response it now makes sense.  

Thanks for the help!

Topic: Help with Determining %K
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:43:28 PM

I mean a PCF (if that wasn't clear)  

Topic: Help with Determining %K
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:42:49 PM

I was wondering if anyone had a formula to determine the %K of a stock with a Stochastic of 8.3.3?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 9:42:56 PM

Or clarifying that question is -   How do I display the %k on the chart AND How to do a search with a PCF on the %k using the simple stochastic 8.3.3

Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 9:41:23 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

STOC8.3.3 is the simple stochastic 8,3 SK from 3 bars ago.

The formula for a simple stochastic 8,3 SK for the current bar would be the following (you would need to set the SD Period to 1 to display this value in the pointer mode data box).

STOC8.3

The formula for the simple stochastiic 8,3,3 SD for the current bar would be the following (this is the value being returned when displaying the value of the stochastic in the pointer mode data box).

AVG(STOC8.3, 3)

Thanks for getting back to me Bruce!  So, this is probably a dumb question, but how to I determine the %k from the 8.3.3 simple stochastic?

Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:26:25 PM

Telechart 2000v7-

I added the Stochastic 8.3.3 to my Telechart.  I then created a PCF to scan for any stock that has a Stochastic of 8.3.3 Value of  Less Than 40, using this PCF-   STOC8.3.3 < 40

I then tested the formula with EWP and the result was   30.75 < 40.00 TRUE

All good so far.  HOWEVER, when I look at the actual Telechart and hover over today, I get a reading of:

Stochastics 8,3,3  46.75

When I go to another program and look at the Stochastic8.3.3 on their chart I get a 39.4917.

So, I&#39;m pretty confused as to which one is the correct Stochastic 8.3.3 for EWP after Market Close on 5/18/2017 and if I need to do something to fix my PCF. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the time!