Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: starwoodip
About
User Name: starwoodip
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 85
[0.03% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Clnt
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:13:01 PM

Hello everyone,

Cleantech Solutions is the latest stock which I am closely watching right about here. It is currently at $3.96. Today, it fell 48 cents or about 11%, but on low volume. In general, I like stocks that have popped up, then sink lower to their sinking 200sMa, and their rising 50sMa, which are about to "converge." This is exactly the current case with Clnt. It is clearly oversold, sitting on its' 200sMa, with the 50sMa sitting just below. Key technicals remain solid, especially on-balance-volume.

I really think you can make two rather quick points here:

Currently: $3.96

Downside Risk:  $3.50- $3.65 + -

Upside  Target :  $6.00- $6.20  + -

Thanks,

StarWoodIp

Topic: Arna
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:58:08 PM

QUOTE (wwrightjuly4)
     I will put up these 7 against your Arna (1.77) ... on a lark.   Just to say there are 100's of other stocks that look as promising if not better than Arna at this particular moment in a slight market rally.  But I would also bet, that although we have seen a bit of a rally it is as apt that every one of these close Negative in 2weeks. 

The 7 which happen to be at the top of a simple Pipe Reversal Scan on US Common Stocks, sorted by percent change.

So, add a 3% stop from the prior days high  and a 14 day holding period, see whats +/- in 14 days.

0.97   Stop
mds 8.75 8.24 7.9928
SCR   10.01 10.01 9.42 9.1374
AFFY  7.64  7.64 7.4 7.178
NNBR 7.87 7.87 7.62 7.3914
REIS 10.30 10.3 9.85 9.5545
MIL   7.72 7.72 7.58 7.3526
GBCI  13.85 13.85 13.45 13.0465

Hmmm... Well ww, it has been about 13 weeks now, and Arna is up about 400% from 1.70ish to 7.  Are you sure you want to put up other stocks against it? I am sure there are more promising stocks out there than Arna...

Topic: Alim
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:48:45 AM

QUOTE (starwoodip)

Hello fellow traders,

I usually do not recommend possible "day trades" or very short-term trades, but I think alim could really be one. The last "day-trade" I mentioned in this forum fared very well. It was live, and it went from $2.80ish to about $4 the next day, back on Jan. 12th/13th.

Ok, back to alim. It is a pattern i have coined my Penguin Pattern. It is a rather rare pattern, but if you have a few minutes, compare alim to two other stocks, psdv and ecyt. Just use a simple chart with a s50Ma, and a s200Ma. If you simply bought when the price was near the s50Ma, and sold near the s200Ma, you would have done well with psdv(around March 22nd), and ecyt(April 13th).

Now, alim is currently @$3.06, with its' s50Ma @$3.o3 currently and its' s200Ma @$4.76.

So, Conclusion for alim:

Buy:  $3.00 +=

Sell:   $4.50 or even a little higher

Thanks, 

Feedback appreciated

StarWoodIp

P.S.   Update on Lee:  From a recommended price of $1.09, hit a high of $1.54 today. It is currently @$1.31 with two great supports @ $1.10 and 80 cents to build off of. It may seem like a reach, but $2.48 might happen very soon...

Ok, so i was exactly one week late, and alim slipped a little lower than I thought. BUT, the "Penguin" strikes again it appears in early trading today.

Thanks,

StarWoodIp

Topic: Alim
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 11:02:06 PM

Hello fellow traders,

I usually do not recommend possible "day trades" or very short-term trades, but I think alim could really be one. The last "day-trade" I mentioned in this forum fared very well. It was live, and it went from $2.80ish to about $4 the next day, back on Jan. 12th/13th.

Ok, back to alim. It is a pattern i have coined my Penguin Pattern. It is a rather rare pattern, but if you have a few minutes, compare alim to two other stocks, psdv and ecyt. Just use a simple chart with a s50Ma, and a s200Ma. If you simply bought when the price was near the s50Ma, and sold near the s200Ma, you would have done well with psdv(around March 22nd), and ecyt(April 13th).

Now, alim is currently @$3.06, with its' s50Ma @$3.o3 currently and its' s200Ma @$4.76.

So, Conclusion for alim:

Buy:  $3.00 +=

Sell:   $4.50 or even a little higher

Thanks, 

Feedback appreciated

StarWoodIp

P.S.   Update on Lee:  From a recommended price of $1.09, hit a high of $1.54 today. It is currently @$1.31 with two great supports @ $1.10 and 80 cents to build off of. It may seem like a reach, but $2.48 might happen very soon...

Topic: Arna
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:48:12 AM

QUOTE (wwrightjuly4)

Final update. 2 days past due.  These turned out well this time, and a good filter is extremely useful but managing the trade, and selecting stops and exiting gains is the true magic of trading.  Creating an un-ambiguous trading plan and staying disciplined is the key, and usually my failure (trying to turn my trading into a science from an art).

Not following some ones "Picks" they are selling,   I would prefer that persons not solicit followers of their picks as I feel  SIP does, but politely put forward a stock and perhaps elaborate why they like it and perhaps what they expect from it. And from time to time follow up on where they failed and where they succeeded.   Soliciting followers by promoting " I have given you all these great picks"  really reeks of salesmanship.  i.e. go start your own web site.

I simply ask that SIP change the tone of his posting from solicitation to conversation.  He may not see it the same way, but that is how I perceive it. 

Others have tried to draw out his intensions which may be all up and up, but I find it suspect.

regards.

Hey ww,

Great job with your picks, especially with Affy. Not bad to be one out of seven, seven weeks later. Well, I never want to be a salesmen, and never want to be one. I simply find low-priced stocks with high percentage , reliable patterns that have proven and repeated themselves. Most, fyi, I have not even bought yet, I just give you an average buy area, then an average sell area. You are misinformed that my picks are "SUSPECT", when I am just trying to make people some money.

So yes, put your picks up against Arna, which I recommended on January 30th in the $1.60's and yesterday, seven weeks later, hit $3.19. At the time, Arna was an "S.S Pattern", a favorite, reliable pattern of mine.

Ww, be very careful and "SUSPECT" of my two latest picks/favorite patterns, Lee and Tasr. Lee I recommended @ $1.09 and Tasr in the low $4's. "SUSPECT" stocks?? ...Nah... Great Patterns? ... Without a doubt...

Thanks,

StarWoodIp....

Scan used as follows.

Topic: Lee and Tasr
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 10:15:59 PM

QUOTE (3rdeye)
QUOTE (starwoodip)
[QUOTE=3rdeye]Thank you Stardip.
Please let us know when you enter these so we can follow along.[/QUOT

Hey 3rd eye,

Lee: Getting great buy signal here! Very powerful underlying technicals obviously present. Could thrust up here very soon from this $1.11 or so area. One rather reliable model I use have it going to $2.48.

Tasr: Had poor earnings last week which dragged it lower, BUT has bounced and held that critical $4.04 level a couple of times recently with great volume. This pattern is similar to "Mela" which went from the low 3's to $5.13. By the way , my target was $5.15. I think Tasr is steadily heading into the mid 5's here.

Thanks, 

StarWoodIp

TASR looks good Star if it consolidates for a while. Might just be a bottom.

Also liking the narrow range with LEE. Looks like when it does move it could be fast.
Will make notes & follow along.
Good luck with em.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give you updates on these two stocks, as well as throwing a few new names out there to begin to track and watch.

LEE: I bought this a few sessions ago @ $1.09. I really love this pattern!  Very safe with tremendous upside . Take a look at the chart of Lee from about May 2011 to present. Now, look at Nvgn from about June 2010 to March 2011. The patterns are almost identical. Right about this same time exactly a year ago, Nvgn was at $3.15. It quickly exploded to $14.85, or more than quadrupled. I am not saying that Lee @ $1.13 will do exactly the same, but I use countless other tests, indicators, and charts, before I recommend stocks. Here are my three upside targets for Lee from here:

$1.46, then $2.48, and maybe reaching as high as a $3.64 spike. I agree with 3rdeye that the move will come swiftly with great momentum.

TASR: Is doing a small lateral, saucer(or "dove") base here in the low $4's. With these H.M.W. Patterns, the basing occurs for about three weeks, with positive scho divergence. The top of this saucer is around $4.20, so the second it goes above this level it will shoot for $4.70ish. After that, it will have a second leg up to between $5- $5.60ish. Similar big winners recently with this exact H.M.W. Pattern have been Mela($3.19-$5.13), and Sears Holdings , Shld($30ish- 80ish!).

Finally, I am beginning to watch four more stocks here and will update them, when I get some buy signals. They are: 

Enmd, Scei, Tops, and Tbet

Feedback much appreciated,

Thanks,

StarWoodIp...

Posted: Monday, March 5, 2012 1:12:12 AM
QUOTE (3rdeye)
QUOTE (starwoodip)

Hey 3rd eye,

Lee: Getting great buy signal here! Very powerful underlying technicals obviously present. Could thrust up here very soon from this $1.11 or so area. One rather reliable model I use have it going to $2.48.

Tasr: Had poor earnings last week which dragged it lower, BUT has bounced and held that critical $4.04 level a couple of times recently with great volume. This pattern is similar to "Mela" which went from the low 3's to $5.13. By the way , my target was $5.15. I think Tasr is steadily heading into the mid 5's here.

Thanks, 

StarWoodIp

TASR looks good Star if it consolidates for a while. Might just be a bottom.

Also liking the narrow range with LEE. Looks like when it does move it could be fast.
Will make notes & follow along.
Good luck with em.

Hey 3rd eye, I appreciate your response to both of these stocks.

Even with the market getting toppy here, I think both of these stocks will be winners.

You are right on both your evaluations of each.

Tasr:  Definitely showing clear signs of basing here. I think it will do a 3 week+- little "dove" base in total time, and then go  to $5.60 or so after that. It does have some issues at $4.70 or so, but should bolt through that level. I have not had the time to study the Td Profile?, but maybe some of the veterans in this forum can tell me if it is a possible candidate as well...

Ok, now my favorite by far,

Lee:  When a pattern looks "nice-n-clean" I cannot keep my mouth shut. Royl had that look, and although a different pattern altogether, I just like how the overall pattern of Lee is developing. If you love technical analysis and pattern recognition, I love this Lee right about here. Just "zoom-out" in the Daily-mode and take a look at this gem. It has very little downside, but tremendous upside potential. Take a look and compare these HUGE winners in their early development and stages to Lee. Zoom-out and take a look at Jva, Gene, Shz, Redf, Sify. Also look at Lee and the 20/2 Bolli Band squeeze taking place right now. I wanted to buy Lee just under a dollar, but I cannot risk missing this big move. I am all in on Lee here, no matter what the market does.

Thanks,

StarWoodIp
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 9:57:30 AM

Hey 3rd eye,

Thanks, 

StarWoodIp
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 10:06:30 AM
QUOTE (starwoodip)
       Two more stocks to follow:

Lee:
          Buy:  85-97 cents
         Sell  :   $1.38 +-

Tasr:  Buy:   $4.45+-
           Sell:    $5.60 +-

Also am watching  Ener here @$1.15, seems like it is forming a classic bullish flag/pennant.

Comments/ feedback appreciated,

Thanks,

StarWoodIp

Here 3rdeye,

Fyi, I am entering Tasr around this $4.20 zone. Downside could be 4.04, but I believe it will consolidate here into a small, lateral base, and then move north.

As for Lee, I am trying to buy it lower, and am failing. I really like the pattern, and hope it has a couple of bad days that put it below a dollar, but this might not happen. I will let you know when I buy it, even if it is higher.

As for Ener, I luckily bought it at $1.16 and sold it @1.47 before the bad news. I really dodged a bullet here because that came quickly and unexpectedly.

Thanks, 

StarWoodIp
Topic: DE
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:08:02 PM
QUOTE (dg1)

Looking at DE's drop since earnings.  Looks like it has hit 50 day moving average.  Any other tips to looking for support?

Hey dg,

Ww is absolutely right. There is good support in the 78-79 area, favoring the 78 mark. However, this is a secondary support level, and even though it has come down hard in the last couple of sessions, I wouldn't be surprised if it bounces off the 81.35-82.53 level for a few points. So, if the market doesn't correct soon, a day trade might be considered right about here. As for your question on looking for support, draw 20, 50, and 200 sMa's in both the Daily and Weekly modes. Draw ascending channels with both ascending tops lines and ascending lows lines. In addition, you will clearly see a distinct reverse head -n- shoulders in both time frames. Here draw almost horizontal "neck-lines" as well. Finally, you will see that many of these lines will coincide with each other. The more lines at almost the same price level, the better the support. I hope you now comprehend, the levels ww and myself have given you here. 

Good luck,

StarWoodIp