Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Arna Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
starwoodip
Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 10:42:17 PM
       Hello everyone,

Anybody who has followed my picks of Mela and Live have seen both do extremely well. Even Nvgnd and Pran have gone up steadily. Now, I have been watching Arna and just missed buying it this past Friday when I tried to low-ball it @ $1.49 and missed it by 5 cents or so. Today, it had tremendous volume and was up over 11%. Closed at $1.77 with a high of $1.81. I would recommend to buy this on any pullback, maybe in the mid $1.60's +-  ??  I have a short-term target for Arna between $1.98- $2.20.

Feedback appreciated,

StarWoodIp
wwrightjuly4
Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:15:30 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I will put up these 7 against your Arna (1.77) ... on a lark.   Just to say there are 100's of other stocks that look as promising if not better than Arna at this particular moment in a slight market rally.  But I would also bet, that although we have seen a bit of a rally it is as apt that every one of these close Negative in 2weeks. 

The 7 which happen to be at the top of a simple Pipe Reversal Scan on US Common Stocks, sorted by percent change.

So, add a 3% stop from the prior days high  and a 14 day holding period, see whats +/- in 14 days.

0.97   Stop
mds 8.75 8.24 7.9928
SCR   10.01 10.01 9.42 9.1374
AFFY  7.64  7.64 7.4 7.178
NNBR 7.87 7.87 7.62 7.3914
REIS 10.30 10.3 9.85 9.5545
MIL   7.72 7.72 7.58 7.3526
GBCI  13.85 13.85 13.45 13.0465
wwrightjuly4
Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:11:47 PM

update, wow this is easy, i guess anyone can pick winners ; )

I like to watch mine till they turn into losers....then sell them for a quick loss.

starwoodip
Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:31:16 PM
QUOTE (starwoodip)
       Hello everyone,

Anybody who has followed my picks of Mela and Live have seen both do extremely well. Even Nvgnd and Pran have gone up steadily. Now, I have been watching Arna and just missed buying it this past Friday when I tried to low-ball it @ $1.49 and missed it by 5 cents or so. Today, it had tremendous volume and was up over 11%. Closed at $1.77 with a high of $1.81. I would recommend to buy this on any pullback, maybe in the mid $1.60's +-  ??  I have a short-term target for Arna between $1.98- $2.20.

Feedback appreciated,

StarWoodIp

Hey fellow traders,

Arena, after six business days, has reached the midpoint of its' short-term target at $2.12 today.
wwrightjuly4
Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:01:30 AM

Final update. 2 days past due.  These turned out well this time, and a good filter is extremely useful but managing the trade, and selecting stops and exiting gains is the true magic of trading.  Creating an un-ambiguous trading plan and staying disciplined is the key, and usually my failure (trying to turn my trading into a science from an art).

Not following some ones "Picks" they are selling,   I would prefer that persons not solicit followers of their picks as I feel  SIP does, but politely put forward a stock and perhaps elaborate why they like it and perhaps what they expect from it. And from time to time follow up on where they failed and where they succeeded.   Soliciting followers by promoting " I have given you all these great picks"  really reeks of salesmanship.  i.e. go start your own web site.

I simply ask that SIP change the tone of his posting from solicitation to conversation.  He may not see it the same way, but that is how I perceive it. 

Others have tried to draw out his intensions which may be all up and up, but I find it suspect.

regards.

Scan used as follows.

starwoodip
Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:48:12 AM

QUOTE (wwrightjuly4)

Final update. 2 days past due.  These turned out well this time, and a good filter is extremely useful but managing the trade, and selecting stops and exiting gains is the true magic of trading.  Creating an un-ambiguous trading plan and staying disciplined is the key, and usually my failure (trying to turn my trading into a science from an art).

Not following some ones "Picks" they are selling,   I would prefer that persons not solicit followers of their picks as I feel  SIP does, but politely put forward a stock and perhaps elaborate why they like it and perhaps what they expect from it. And from time to time follow up on where they failed and where they succeeded.   Soliciting followers by promoting " I have given you all these great picks"  really reeks of salesmanship.  i.e. go start your own web site.

I simply ask that SIP change the tone of his posting from solicitation to conversation.  He may not see it the same way, but that is how I perceive it. 

Others have tried to draw out his intensions which may be all up and up, but I find it suspect.

regards.

Hey ww,

Great job with your picks, especially with Affy. Not bad to be one out of seven, seven weeks later. Well, I never want to be a salesmen, and never want to be one. I simply find low-priced stocks with high percentage , reliable patterns that have proven and repeated themselves. Most, fyi, I have not even bought yet, I just give you an average buy area, then an average sell area. You are misinformed that my picks are "SUSPECT", when I am just trying to make people some money.

So yes, put your picks up against Arna, which I recommended on January 30th in the $1.60's and yesterday, seven weeks later, hit $3.19. At the time, Arna was an "S.S Pattern", a favorite, reliable pattern of mine.

Ww, be very careful and "SUSPECT" of my two latest picks/favorite patterns, Lee and Tasr. Lee I recommended @ $1.09 and Tasr in the low $4's. "SUSPECT" stocks?? ...Nah... Great Patterns? ... Without a doubt...

Thanks,

StarWoodIp....

Scan used as follows.

starwoodip
Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:58:08 PM

QUOTE (wwrightjuly4)
     I will put up these 7 against your Arna (1.77) ... on a lark.   Just to say there are 100's of other stocks that look as promising if not better than Arna at this particular moment in a slight market rally.  But I would also bet, that although we have seen a bit of a rally it is as apt that every one of these close Negative in 2weeks. 

The 7 which happen to be at the top of a simple Pipe Reversal Scan on US Common Stocks, sorted by percent change.

So, add a 3% stop from the prior days high  and a 14 day holding period, see whats +/- in 14 days.

0.97   Stop
mds 8.75 8.24 7.9928
SCR   10.01 10.01 9.42 9.1374
AFFY  7.64  7.64 7.4 7.178
NNBR 7.87 7.87 7.62 7.3914
REIS 10.30 10.3 9.85 9.5545
MIL   7.72 7.72 7.58 7.3526
GBCI  13.85 13.85 13.45 13.0465

Hmmm... Well ww, it has been about 13 weeks now, and Arna is up about 400% from 1.70ish to 7.  Are you sure you want to put up other stocks against it? I am sure there are more promising stocks out there than Arna...