Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Mark17
About
User Name: Mark17
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 97
[0.03% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: GLD
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 11:12:33 AM
Are DZZ or DGP going to be affected by options expiration by the rolling of forward futures contracts?
Topic: Option Expiration
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 10:42:14 AM
Market holidays may affect the last day of trading before expiration.
Topic: Swing Chart
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:52:28 AM

When price moves in X% in the opposite direction a point is plotted at the price that is X% away?  Does "TimeSpan Bars" in the lower pane indicate how long it took for that next swing point to be plotted?  What defines the time interval of one bar?

Topic: resistance and support
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 11:37:18 AM

Great posts in this thread--mammon, jas0501, and diceman.

jas0501, I agree with what you say about minimal stop-losses (IBD recommends a max 7% stop-loss, interestingly).  However, I agree only anecdotally.  When you say "that is a backtesting result," exactly what were your criteria for the backtest, what underlyings did you look at, and over what time frame?  

Topic: Adaptive Moving Average
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 11:02:14 AM
Thanks!
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 8:47:25 AM
"Pane," of course--sorry, it's Sunday morning.  :)
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 8:46:38 AM
Great... now is there an easy way to create rules such as when price crosses above/below the AMA or when other MAs in that pain cross over it?  When I open a rule box for either price history or the AMA, the AMA or price history, respectively, are not identified as rule triggers (I'm guessing the reason is because the AMA was synthetically created in RC).
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 5:35:58 AM
Searching for "adaptive moving average" returned "an error occurred in the database."  Before I go into detail about what I'm looking for, can you tell me if there's a pre-existing thread on anything related to Perry Kaufman's AMA?  Thanks.
Topic: Short term timing trick
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:59:47 AM

In Backscanner, my two rules are:  1. Exit at next open Trailing Stop 7%; 2. Buy at next open 200-MA moving up and price history new low (10).  Using S&P 500 as my watch list from 1/1/01 to 10/6/09, the results are:

--Winners/losers: 5267 / 6018
    --Return/trade:  +8.55% / -4.27%
    --Time/trade:  36.5 bars / 13.3 bars
    --DD                    -8.56%  / -9.66%
    --Profit factor (my calculation):  1.752

That seems pretty solid to me.  Is this 10-day low using just EOD prices or intraday prices?  Is the price in question being compared to any price points in the previous 9 days or only EOD prices in the previous 9 days?  

Topic: Historical filtering
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:53:28 AM

Thanks Bruce!