Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Open_Interest
About
User Name: Open_Interest
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: PCF formula for defining specific trading ranges of the S&P 500
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2009 10:40:35 PM
Thanks diceman!!!  I will check them out and let you know.
Open_Interest (Phil)
Topic: PCF formula for defining specific trading ranges of the S&P 500
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 10:24:03 PM

Is it possible to create a formula to apply to the S&P 500 Chart (inclusive of the years 2000 to current) which will return a date range (or ranges) where specific price change criteria are met.  I hope to back test on periods of historical data when there has been:
1) A steady and clear Uptrend or,
2) A steady and clear Consolidation period, where the price level at the end is equal to that at the beginning or,
3) A steady and clear Downtrend or,
4) A period of time including all 3 of the above, where the price level at the end is equal to that at the beginning; resulting in a u-shaped or n-shaped price period.

Once the time frames are identified then they would be used as the Custom Sort Dates to apply Scan, Sorts, etc.

The most obvious method is a visual search of the S&P chart but where would the challenge be in that?  I assume "Price Percent Change" formulas can be used in combination but I am guessing these would apply to a date range going back in time from the current date rather than possibly selecting ranges anywhere along the date spectrum.

Thanks,
Phil

Topic: Previous Day's Close
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:55:52 PM
Thank you StockGuy!  

I have followed your instructions.  I am sure once I get used to the Data Box layout I will be able, at a glance, glean the info.  Am I able to get greedy and rearrange the order of data points in the box?  Regardless, your lesson has taught me that I can load additional data points and have them invisible on the chart which might come in handy.

Thanks again,
Phil

Also, thanks diceman for taking the interest to respond.  It is nice to know the "community" is always ready to help!!
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:16:20 AM
After re-reading my earlier Post I should probably be more specific.  I am hoping to be supplied with a the PCF that will return "Previous Day's Close" since it seems thisis different than "Yesterday's Close" as shown by inserting "YDC" into the Data Display as discussed in my earlier Post.  If anyone is able to understand the difference I will appreciate a response.

Thanks,
Phil
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 10:20:27 PM
I am hoping to include in the "Data Display" above the Price Pane a field that shows the Previous Day's Close.  C1 returns Yesterday's Close but it remains a Static Value when scrolling backward.
Topic: TeleChart Training Videos
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:32:40 PM
I am trying to decide what videos to purchase.  In my  intro pack there is a brief description of the "Advanced TeleChart Training Video Series" @ $195.  Will this encompass much of the content of the individual $39 videos or is there enough difference that I want to also consider buying some of them as well?
If I watch all of the free online tutorials and videos will I eventually learn all that is included in the CD-ROM videos?
Topic: Opinions on "TeleChart Advanced Training Video Series"
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 4:23:44 PM
I am curious if anyone has used this product (@$195) and/or any of the other $39 training videos and are willing to offer insight.  I have watched all the training videos supplied with subscription introduction package ("Finding and Analyzing Stocks on Your PC" and "The Chart Reader's Playground") along with a number of the online training videos provided by the impressive team of Trainers.  I hope, with Community feedback to avoid purchasing too much content that is redundant.  Are the individual $39 videos components of the "Advanced Training Series"? or might all of the videos have completely different content.

Does anyone recommend any or all of these for someone who is wanting to learn as much and as quickly as possible or is the feeling that I am able to achieve the same knowledge by embedding myself in the forums and watching all of the available Video and Webinar content?

Thanks for your Advice!!!
Phil
Topic: Scanning for Chart Pattern
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:53:39 PM
Thanks, Bruce!!
Topic: Scanning for Chart Pattern
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:34:36 PM
Is it possible for SF or TC to scan for Chart Patterns, i.e., double bottoms, cup and handle, head and shoulders, etc?
Topic: Combining Indicators
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:51:30 PM
Excellent!!  Thank you, funnymony!!  I will check them out.