Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Previous Day's Close Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Open_Interest
Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2009 10:20:27 PM
I am hoping to include in the "Data Display" above the Price Pane a field that shows the Previous Day's Close.  C1 returns Yesterday's Close but it remains a Static Value when scrolling backward.
Open_Interest
Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:16:20 AM
After re-reading my earlier Post I should probably be more specific.  I am hoping to be supplied with a the PCF that will return "Previous Day's Close" since it seems thisis different than "Yesterday's Close" as shown by inserting "YDC" into the Data Display as discussed in my earlier Post.  If anyone is able to understand the difference I will appreciate a response.

Thanks,
Phil
diceman
Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:39:57 PM
C1 is yesterdays close.
(I only have Gold and this is based on a daily chart)
Of course this will change depending on when you
last updated.

I don't have platinum but if you are intra-day it may be the close
of the previous bar? (I don't know)

In Gold. Inside a PCF it will be yesterdays close.

If used in a custom indicator on a chart with a different
time frame (weekly,monthly) it will be the value of the previous
bar.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
diceman
StockGuy
Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:26:31 PM

Administration

Phil,

I don't know of a way to add that PCF to the data bar at the top of the chart so it changes as you scroll backward/fwd in time.  PCFs only calculate the latest value.

Here's a trick.  If you add a custom indicator to the top pane using the formula C1 and uncheck Visible you can hit the . key twice to view the data pointer and data box.  If you put the pointer on the last bar on the chart, you can move backward and forward using the [ ]  keys and the C1 value will be displayed in the data box.
Open_Interest
Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:55:52 PM
Thank you StockGuy!  

I have followed your instructions.  I am sure once I get used to the Data Box layout I will be able, at a glance, glean the info.  Am I able to get greedy and rearrange the order of data points in the box?  Regardless, your lesson has taught me that I can load additional data points and have them invisible on the chart which might come in handy.

Thanks again,
Phil

Also, thanks diceman for taking the interest to respond.  It is nice to know the "community" is always ready to help!!
Tal_E
Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:59:34 PM

Worden Trainer

Open Interest,

Sorry to have overlooked your last question.  The data points within the data box are fixed.

Thanks for your patience!

Tal_E