Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Combining Indicators Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Open_Interest
Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:24:16 AM
Good Morning,

I am a new subscriber with limited Technical Analysis experience.  After spending time learning more about TC I am interested in understanding BOB, MS and TSV better.  I am curious if you have a personal layout of the TC Chart Screen that includes all or some of the mentioned Indicators.  Are there Indicators that might compliment each other well in the same Pane or that go well together as confirming indicators?  I am familiar with the list of Parent and Child indicators but hope to learn what combinations of Child pair best with which Parents.

I appreciate that some answers depend on the type/nature of Trader but I am hoping that in most cases the differences are more with regard to the time frame shown on the chart rather than the actual Indicators.  However, if there are Indicators that are more appropriate to Day, Swing, Long Term I am very interested in understanding this as well.

Thank you!!
Phil

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:37:13 AM

Worden Trainer

The trainers can't give setting, interpretation or investment advice. I will move this topic to the Stock and Market Talk forum where other traders are more likely to see it and comment. You may wish to review the following:

Basic Info on BOP, TSV and MoneyStream

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
funnymony
Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:56:05 AM

heres mine. i swing trade short or long term. nothing changes, just the timeframe.

Open_Interest
Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:51:30 PM
Excellent!!  Thank you, funnymony!!  I will check them out.
azureflames
Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:27:24 PM
Funnymony,

I would appreciate a little help.  I think I have my head wrapped around charting and have my favorite indicators down.  While crusing my next step (learning how to find the stocks I want to look at with my fancy store bought indicators), I came across your standard indicator setup..... looks good and I use most of these and I may reorganize my template a little after looking at yours.

QUESTION:

It looks like you are combining a pennant or wedge locator (I just finished looking at Mr. Halls videos on Dragons) in with your standard mix.  The edit box, in the picture above,  will not allow me to see the formula you are using.  Do you mind sharing the formulas for the custom indicators on the bottom.  Also, do you change up (shorten or lengthen) the period of your indicators based on market condition (moving fast or just grinding along)?

Also, do you do any sorts with your standard template (such as looking for wedge formations)? 

Any pearls of wisdom you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

Azure
funnymony
Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:52:36 PM

QUOTE (azureflames)
Funnymony,

I would appreciate a little help.  I think I have my head wrapped around charting and have my favorite indicators down.  While crusing my next step (learning how to find the stocks I want to look at with my fancy store bought indicators), I came across your standard indicator setup..... looks good and I use most of these and I may reorganize my template a little after looking at yours.

QUESTION:

It looks like you are combining a pennant or wedge locator (I just finished looking at Mr. Halls videos on Dragons) in with your standard mix.  The edit box, in the picture above,  will not allow me to see the formula you are using.  Do you mind sharing the formulas for the custom indicators on the bottom.  Also, do you change up (shorten or lengthen) the period of your indicators based on market condition (moving fast or just grinding along)?

Also, do you do any sorts with your standard template (such as looking for wedge formations)? 

Any pearls of wisdom you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

Azure

if you are talking about those "%true....." 's in the edit template, those are formula's simply give overbought,oversold signals(see the light green and maroon spikes in the months of february and march).  i quit using them because rsi basically gives the same signals. i rarely change indicator settings, but i do change timeframes( i.e. hourly to daily), according to pattern width and duration. i just scan for breakouts from consolidations.  sometimes pennants and and wedges come up. or i just sort through the indexes and sectors using bop or moneystream.

http://forums.worden.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=21768

good luck
ben2k9
Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 9:36:24 PM

open interest,

you would do yourself some good to understand the basics of tech analysis.

Technical Analysis of FInancial Markets by john murphy is pretty much the gold standard.  I woud start there.