Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Permabull
About
User Name: Permabull
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Volume Spread Analysis (It's Back)...
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 8:35:27 AM
There are folks here that can give accurate account of the truth as they post on both sites. Apsll did take the side of evolution over creation and it seems that most in the discussion were in favor of creation over evolution but the first three pages were civil and made for interesting reading. It was not until the bible thumper interjected that the Mods had to get involved and of cours bigblock put the icing on the cake.

You forget agm that you are not the only one who posts over there from here, although I suspect that most will be wise and not get involved. So now we are left with just your point of view. The big question is just who are you?

Everyone here and there knows that Apsll is no Muslim and will know the truth of your silly comments.

Good day and good trading everyone...
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 8:24:55 AM
Apsll simply requested that the bible thumper should be contained as most do not come to the forums for bible study. He also stated that no one would want to read quotes from alah so in the same context no one wants to read threads filled with passages from the bible.

You need to prove your assertions little man or at least learn better how to read..
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 7:56:59 AM

Linuxboy is not Apsll. I assure you. Also I am amazed at how amg32 only shows up when there is gossip to spread or trouble to start. He has not posted on the other forum since he was last threatened my the "Mods" to stop causing trouble or hit the road. One can only assume from this that he knows nothing else. "such a shy boy".

And of course nothing that he has stated above is true. Apsll was simply involved in a thread, the topic was creation vs evolution. three pages of great reading had passed until a bible thumper joined the discussions and destroyed the thread. The thumpers posts where the only ones that got deleted along with one from Bigblock who is now (get this "Serenity") he is posing as a girl with a sharp tongue,,,Yes indeed it is funny stuff.Oh and one post by Apsll got deleted for telling bigblock/serenity to calmdown. Then the Mods locked the thread in true bigblock style.

agm32 why are you so obsessed with Apsll. You cannot seem to post without using his name. One might think that you have a schoolgirl crush on him. It is all good because the "Mods" are fowarned about serenity and you. that is why you are so quite over there because both of your heads are on the chopping block.... 

Just thought I would give the true version of events.

Linuxboy, Apsll not longer posts on this forum, sorry.

Topic: Critique Welcome
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:52:47 AM

agm32 yes it is I. so much for the hidding. The apsll name is just retired over here (It is not banned and I can still sign in with it but as stated, it is retired). I am still even using the worden software under the name Serenity. There is no law keeping me from this website as long as I behave.

Now back to contributing to technical analysis. If you and your friend want to use standard settings that are very common and well known to the market makers and smart money then be my guest.. My research has shown that they will cause problems if relied upon as a rule. You are free to do what you will, I on the other hand prefer to make profits.

Bcraig thanks for defending me, you are right arguing with biblock was not my better side.He has only toned it down over here for fear of his continued exiles and bannes. Even the toned down version is still offensive to good folks such as Bcraig and a list of others that I have no right to speak for, but have privately told me so.

The arguing is done (you will be witness to this when you do not see a response from me to bigblocks impending tyrade here). I only wished to enlighten him on his need to "refine" his understanding of stochastic.

Bcraig I choose 90,1,1 for my settings because I have found that it works best for me as a trend indicator. Yo will need to find what works best for you of course.

agm32 one last guesstion for you. Why are you not this brave on the other forum? Now who is hidding...

Bcraig good luck on your three stocks. I will be watching them.

Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:19:15 AM
I will be discussing ABK because it is the chart that I think will have the most success. The settings that I like to use for Stochatic is 90,1,1 First we will look at a long running success story and then ABK. In my first chart you will see that it is ok for stochastic to linger in the overbought regions. In fact it is down right healthy. Forget about 20 and 80 as the buy and sell signals, they creat to many false signals and can lead to whipsaw. Notice that I have two yellow boxes. Box represents what bigblock might use as a standard sell signal. since the indicator has droped bellow 80 he would have sold his shares, but notice the low volume levels. no I would have held for the volume to confirm the move. It did not and stochastic once again regained its high ground for another run and higher profits. It was not until box that we see the break down. Stochastic moves quickly bellow 60 on higher than the average volume levels.

In the second chart ABK, we see that stochastic is climbing its way into the overbought regions. If you apply the same rules that you did for the first chart then you should find success. We will revisit this when the results are in. 

bigblock I know that you are going to follow up with your usual meaningless coments, but this is how I use stochastic and it works for me. I am not interested in your unqualified rebutals. So spew if you must, but remember that you are being viewed through many sets of eyes and not just the narrow ones that sit upon that pointy head of yours.
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2008 8:12:42 PM

bigblock, you should stick to options you clearly do not know much about how to use stochastic. I agree with Bcraig that ABK and RTK look good technically. Stochastic being in the overbought areas is not a bad thing. It is when they drop back down below 60 on above average volume that the trend is in trouble.

I also agree with Bcraig that for short term trading, Fundimentals are meaningless. Have you looked at the instituional support numbers?

Good job Bcraig...

Topic: back from 2 week exile
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:54:06 PM
You will get the same from me. And I understand what you are saying. Options are risky in the hands of the inexperienced. once mastered then a good insurance policy. I still believe that the money is made in being on the right side of the trade and options can help if you are not. 

I appreciate your candor and control. I will study how options work and see if it can help in my trading. Thanks for your advice.
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:26:19 PM

I have made no contributions. Have you? so cool me down. Tell me and others what works for you. That is what you say in your self writen welcome back speach, that you will tell us what will and will not work. I admit that I am still learning, so are you her to cool me down and show me what might work as you have said that you would or are you looking to start another war. The problem I see with the second part is that no one here will stand up to you.

I hope that you will do what you say you will and share with us what works, you have already told us what will not work.

Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:24:01 PM
Will you please shut up and stay gone. Davidjohnhall and Tobydad have filled in the gap nicely since the apsll and bigblock wars have ended. I am one of many who come here to learn from them not to be witness to your psychotic behavior, you will now accuse me of being apsll I know I have read it all before in yours and his threads. 

Will you please just go away so we can all learn in an envronment free of your weirdness. It is very clear to everyone here exept you of corse that you are an unwelcome entity.

Topic: Return Of The Dragon
Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2008 6:30:19 PM
Davidjohnhall, I notice that a few different banking sectors are showing the same dragon pattern. is this a good sign that our economy is getting stronger in your opinion. I also notice that precious metals and oil are on the decline as two thirds of the Morning Star industry groups are on the rise. This coul be a major change in the market direction. I have been reading your posts for a while now and respect your opinion. Could you share some thought on my observations?

Sam