Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Critique Welcome Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bcraig73450
Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:30:33 PM

What do you think of these? Your critique is welcome.

ABK -- Nice rounding bottom (cup with handle)

GFG -- Ascending triangle. Closed above top trend line yesterday, has pulled back and high and low straddling top trend line.

RTK -- Dragon?

laphill
Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 7:58:02 PM
Good chart patterns, bad fundies.
bcraig73450
Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:24:48 PM
laphill, you are correct, but In the shorter time frames, days to a few months, I believe chart patterns override fundamentals.
laphill
Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:21:46 PM
You are correct BC. I just like the insurance of good fundies in case the stock temporally moves against you when I think it has longer term (months) potential. Even better if it pays a dividend that is well covered by earnings. 
Serenity
Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 3:54:06 AM
ABK and RTK look nice if you study the money stream and the BOP profiles. I like your picks Bcraig73450. Just be carefull that we are in a down trending market .
BigBlock
Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 5:48:12 PM
I guess you like botton fishing.

ABK - Have you check the fundamentals?? I urge to do so.  ON the technical we have been long on this since the July 1st.  Check stochastics on the daily as well as the 3 day - getting there?
May be a little too late to jump in now.  I think may an add on on a retracement, which is coming

GFG - a liitle better financials but nothing exciting - in fact  lost a lot of money from last quarter.  Technically again check your oversold / overbought levels - already hit the 80 band on the daily and is close on the 3 day.

RTK- ditto for fundamentals and Tech - althouth this is already cyclying from overbought on the daily and is hitting the overbought level in the 3 days as well as the 13 days.

You actually looked for those stocks?  It seems to me your criterial needs some refining.
Permabull
Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:19:15 AM
I will be discussing ABK because it is the chart that I think will have the most success. The settings that I like to use for Stochatic is 90,1,1 First we will look at a long running success story and then ABK. In my first chart you will see that it is ok for stochastic to linger in the overbought regions. In fact it is down right healthy. Forget about 20 and 80 as the buy and sell signals, they creat to many false signals and can lead to whipsaw. Notice that I have two yellow boxes. Box represents what bigblock might use as a standard sell signal. since the indicator has droped bellow 80 he would have sold his shares, but notice the low volume levels. no I would have held for the volume to confirm the move. It did not and stochastic once again regained its high ground for another run and higher profits. It was not until box that we see the break down. Stochastic moves quickly bellow 60 on higher than the average volume levels.

In the second chart ABK, we see that stochastic is climbing its way into the overbought regions. If you apply the same rules that you did for the first chart then you should find success. We will revisit this when the results are in. 

bigblock I know that you are going to follow up with your usual meaningless coments, but this is how I use stochastic and it works for me. I am not interested in your unqualified rebutals. So spew if you must, but remember that you are being viewed through many sets of eyes and not just the narrow ones that sit upon that pointy head of yours.
bcraig73450
Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:00:08 AM

Bigblock

You are correct. I do like bottom fishing. IMO that is where the greater potential profits lie. Many people disagree, but difference of opinion is what makes horse races.

We agree on all three.

ABK may be a little late. Wait for pull back. To what level?.
CFG probably too early. Wait for developments.
RTK looks OK to me.

You may be correct in that my criteria may need refining. Consider the title of this Topic. I asked for opinions of these particular stocks because I believe they have potential for significant profit. Perhaps I am wrong, therefore ask for your opinion. If you give a reasoned criticism, not just implying I’m a dumb ass for considering them, I will consider it.

If you jump on me as you have on apsll and others in the past, I will pass you by and move on.

----------------------------------------------------

A small piece of advice for all others.

Ignore Bigblock’s diatribes If no one responds, he tends to quiet down.

----------------------------------------------------

Permabull

I had not considered such a long time frame for Stochastic. What is your rationale for it? It looks good here.

bcraig73450
Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:06:23 PM

I bought RTK at 2.38 and it went south immediately.  I have a stop ar 2.06, 1% loss if it gets triggered.  A little high but I believe it has potentially 47% profit.

I'm watching the other two, expecting ABK to pull back to about 6.00 to 6.60.  Maybe form another flag?

GFG very iffy.

bcraig73450
Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:18:25 PM
BTW

GFG has formed a nice right angle ascending triangle and has brken the top trendline twice and then pulled back.  If it closes above the top line n good to fair volume, I'll buy in.
Serenity
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 12:11:27 PM
Bcraig, did you get a piece of ABK??? All those years that you say you have benefited from my stock picks, then you finally get a chance to pay me back with this good pick that you made.

You see you can pick them. Very fine job. keep the good picks coming.

Fundimentals, we don't need no stinking fundimentals...
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:47:40 PM
THIS MOVE WAS BASED ON FUNDAMENTALS.  But notice that those on the know have been knowing for over 2 month now. 
The public got to know yesterday.  The news?
 AMBAC Fincl confirms regulatory approval for Connie Lee capital contribution Co confirms that it has received regulatory approval from the Commissioner of Insurance of the State of Wisconsin to capitalize and reactivate Connie Lee Insurance Company, its financial guarantee subsidiary.
Ambac Assurance will inject $850 mln into Connie Lee which will operate as a separate corporate.

Kind of late!

Serenity
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 3:27:04 PM
Bcraig, After looking at the Banking industry charts it looks like they are building nice bottoms. I hear speculation that they will tank further because of the bandaid fix the fed used to help them. But These bottoms just could be for real.

GFG looks like it is trying to break free from its bottom formation. If we can see a little more push on volume to break that resistance. Then we might have a good play above $5.30
Serenity
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 3:36:00 PM
RTK was the third pick that you made. Look how price is respecting that support level. This on is to be watched. A good entry would be above $2.50
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:01:43 PM

Support level for RTK is off in the chart above.  Be aware.

agm32
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:40:50 PM
Here is a corrected chart. That is resistance, not support

Serenity
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:55:43 PM

Bcraig the bottom of the gap can be considered support. Price is consolidating at a level right now that has been respected many times dating back to 2005. If price falls below the bottom of the gap and thus the curent consolidation, then I would move on for now. However when you view this on a weekly chart these levels not only come into better focus but you will see that volume has increased since late 2004. Not only that but the BOP pattern is consistant and strong.

Everyone knows what you know who is up to. Remember he did not like ABK.

Just do what you feel is right not what I or anyone else tells you.

Good luck.

BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:55:53 PM
thank you agm.  Isn't that terrible that we have to go around fixing the mistakes of those who call themselves "experts".

Can't even draw a line on the graph

Here is support

BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:04:29 PM
I still don't like it.  Lets say it is just not my cup of tea regardless of how much fire the dragon is spitting.

I was just trying to fix the technical atrocities found on these posts before the rookies get really confused.

Just when I thought the house was cleaned, there we go again with the cleaning.
Serenity
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:20:02 PM

In the chart below I still show that the imediate support is the bottom of the gap. Notice how price has bounced four times off that level in the telechart software. I do not know where the others chart comes from but it does not look the same as telechart. Bellow I show the next lower support level which is what he is making reference to.

I make no claim as to which way this will turn and I certainly make no claim to be an expert. I only tell you how I would play this one.

To all my friends here, you see how hard it is going to be to not engage into  combat. But I will not do so. You will notice that they will follow me around the forum, and I do not mind this because although I am no expert, I am confident in my trading and analysis abilities. I only ask what kind of grown men would act in this manner? You are right, None.

agm32
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:39:39 PM
Well it appears to me that BigBlock has the correct support line and I have the correct resistance line. Any more opinions?
Serenity
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:51:55 PM

agm32 you and bigblock have both done me a favor, the white resistance line that you have drawn is correct and I even eluded to it when I suggested to Bcraig that I would buy above $2.50 right were you have drawn the resistance line. You were not asked to do this but thanks anyway. You must have read my suggestion about not buying below that level.

Bigblock has added in the next support level bellow the bottom of the gap that has served well as a good stop so far. I think that if you do your research you will find that the bottom or top of the gap will serv as support or resistance all depending on the direction of the gap.

Although your help was not called for it is well appreciated. thanks guys, and I thought you did not like me...

BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:06:55 PM

Serenity last post seems more like a twaddle form someone who is at the verge of insanity.
Either your level of Technical Analysis is close to Null, or you are the verge of mental disease.

Please folks (mostly the uninformed) be aware of those twaddles they are making no sense, and they can get you in a lot of trouble.

I haven't done any favors for you Serenity - thanks returned to you.  And still don't like you lier.

agm32
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:20:16 PM
Telling people that price is on the support line is all wrong. Price is bumping it's head on resistance. It is not on the support line like you say. You either need to go back to chart school or keep your charts to yourself. And why do you not like other opinions?
Serenity
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:21:22 PM
Just do the research on gaps, look at my charts, read my suggested buy price. It is all right above....

Bcraig is smart enough to know what to do. In the meantime since I have promised my friends not to fight any more than my only recourse is to petition the Wordens for some recourse here. you have defaced my charts, made false and derogatory statements towards me. And all when you know that I have made a promise to avoid fighting with you. In a way for the sake of my friends I have handcuffed myself and then you move in for the kill. How sporting of you.

The only outcome of our fight is that we will both continue to be banned, although you may like this I do not. Your friend agm has proved that he needs your shadow to stand in to feel like he is somthing other than what he is, a coward. On the other forum he does not say boo.

All I ask is that you do not respond to me and I will return the favor. If you cannot do this then I will have to bring the wordens into this matter. And no I am not afraid of you, it is just that I have found through my dealings with you that you cannot argue with a sick mind.

To all my friends I am sorry for this outburst but this all has to stop. I want no more part of the fighting but it is clear that he is not going to relent.
Serenity
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:22:39 PM
amg you drew the resistance line yourself. How is price touching that white line?
agm32
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:55:30 PM
This not a fight. We were just correcting your charts. Why do you get so angry when you are corrected?
hohandy
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:57:36 PM
Wow - ABK up 22% today - and you picked this on the technicals over the weekend. NICE JOB BCRAIG!
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:22:27 PM
QUOTE (hohandy)
Wow - ABK up 22% today - and you picked this on the technicals over the weekend. NICE JOB BCRAIG!

Hey Hohandy the trade started  over 2 month ago, not just this weekend. 
That you didn't know about it means nothing.  Like I said you are a little late to the party, and those who assisted to the party on time are just about to sell you the hangover.
Is that what you want the hangover?
like I said - kind of late.  
The jump is based on the news issued yesterday conincidentally.  News known to the herd now, but not to the ones in the know.
The ones in the know are about to serve you your own head in a siver platter.

Watch.
Serenity
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:35:48 PM
agm or bigblock there were no corrections needed, I told you were I thought resistance was, at $2.50 so what corrections did you make? I do not get mad when intelligent folks disagree with my findings in a civil manner. 

I had two private messages in to friends of mine that are professional traders one has just responed. they looked at the chart and confirmed that profesionals do respect the bottom or top of a gap as support and resistance, also that in this case since price has not breached the bottom of the gap after multiple attemps then it is safe to say that we can call it support.

Now it is not fair to Bcraig, he had a good thread going here and twice bigblock you have defacated all over it. I do not mind in the future if you want to disagree with me in a civil manner, but you are in no position to be correcting folks.

MY fighting days are over and I will bring the wordens into the situation as often as I need to until you stop. Again you are being very unfair to Bcraig as Hohandy has said, he did a good job of picking ABK and you did not support the pick bigblock so much for your skills.

Now for the sake of the forum lets have peace. More than likely half this thread will be gone in the morning so let us begin fresh. I only give my opinions I am not an expert and I am prone to mistakes like everyone else. If you are civil about showing me where you think I whent wrong then I will have no problem with that. In this cas you were wrong. And you were wrong about ABK.
agm32
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:10:51 PM
Sorry Apsll, but your chart is wrong. Get over it. And you should not mislead the new people with your erroneous chart skills. Maybe you could buy one of the worden chart manuals while you are at it. You are the only one ranting and raving. We are just trying to help.
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:28:07 PM

I rest my case here.  This guy must be either stupid, demential, or retarded. Not sure which one, may be all of the above.
Look man I don't do any deals with people like you.  Stick to your facts, and I will stick to mine.
I am sick of your whining, and pleads for justice.
You are like a thief caught with the CD in his pocket walking out of the store, and telling the police - Oh no I wasn't stealing it, I was just taking it to my friend so he could see it.

Come on - be a man and stand on your ground - you wimp.

hohandy
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 11:42:34 PM
[QUOTBigBlockE=]
QUOTE (hohandy)

Hey Hohandy the trade started  over 2 month ago, not just this weekend. 
That you didn't know about it means nothing.  Like I said you are a little late to the party, and those who assisted to the party on time are just about to sell you the hangover.
Is that what you want the hangover?
like I said - kind of late.  
The jump is based on the news issued yesterday conincidentally.  News known to the herd now, but not to the ones in the know.
The ones in the know are about to serve you your own head in a siver platter.

Watch.[/QUOTE]

Stuff it BigBlock - the point is that BCraig found it using his methods and posted it this past weekend, right before the big raise even though he wasn't one of the rarified "those in the know".  Get over yourself.

If you are so insecure that you can't allow anyone else to be acknowledged or given support then maybe you really need to go elsewhere.  Your nasty and bullying attitude is one of the reasons that I left this board a year ago - and the fact that you're still at it and no one else seems to be around to put up with your nastiness says volumes.  A better person than you would be embarrassed with what you pull on here - I was quite embarassed reading this thread and I made an evidently foolish attempt to bring it back to the stock picks at hand and acknowledge Bcraig.  NOBODY ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION.

I can only imagine what visitors on here must think and quite frankly I'm surprised that you haven't been banned for good as whatever good you bring to this board is easily outweighed by your overbearing narcissism - and it only devalues the product that the Worden's are offering.

Maybe it's time to make myself scarce again because life is just much too short to have to spend it sharing the same environment with you.

BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 11:53:25 PM

Hohandy - You stuff it.  As I recall this thread was titled "Critiques wellcome" - not complements welcome.
Secondly - what big raise? this equity is over 800% since begining of JULY. 
And lastly we are tired of little complements when there isn't really cause for them.  Just bring some substance to the table we can work on, and keep it real.

We already have a generation of whiners out there, and we don't need anymore of that here.

Take care and be careful while you stuff it we wouldn't want you to be to scarce around here.

hohandy
Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:00:31 AM
QUOTE (BigBlock)
May be a little too late to jump in now.  I think may an add on on a retracement, which is coming

You actually looked for those stocks?  It seems to me your criterial needs some refining.

So much for your advice Bigblock.  22% is a real nice retracement.   I repeat - get over yourself.
Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:02:43 AM

Worden Trainer

Locked for inability to act like adults.

Suspensions will be next.

- Craig
Here to Help!