Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: wb15858
About
User Name: wb15858
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Watermark Sizing and Positioning
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2016 1:20:25 PM

I'd like to recommend this.  It appears centered vertically for me both in the Android app and in the PC version.  So I can only read the symbol because the name is in my Volume area which is all filled.

Being able to position on the top 1/3 of the screen would work for me.  On most charts the stock price moves from top right or top left corner either down or up, leaving the top center area free.

Topic: Watchlist and Scan Fields
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:59:16 PM

Bruce,

New watchlist field:  Earnings date  - While I realize earnings date is not really a standard fundamental, my Scottrade has it in its watchlist, so they are getting it from somewhare.

New watchlist field:  Days to Earnings date.  This is even better, so I can sort a group of stocks by number of days left.

Bugged watchlist field:  Price Volatility.  Thank you for including this field.  It is very useful. In using it I found it changes significantly based on day of week.  If you plot it, you can clearly see that it bounces in a 5 day cycle. Might it be that your data source is not accounting for weekends as non-trading days?  My suggestion is to calculate volatility based only on trading days and see if that steadies out the indicator and day-to-day scan values.

Thanks

Topic: PSAR Requests
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:46:08 PM

Bruce,

I'm loving PSAR as a buy/sell indicator.  It is quickly replacing Stoch for me.

I have PSAR 0.02 0.20 on my charts.  Works great. When PSAR goes under it's a buy, and when PSAR goes over it's a sell.  This works very well on high cap stocks. 

I have a scan condition for PSAR that was made from the indocator.  it is Parabolic SAR 0.02 0.20 Price History Crossing Down Price - Daily.   This works terrific.

Q1. is there any way to do this as a 5 day or that the cross has happend in the last 5 days?   Sometimes I'm looking for confirmation and would like to see a recent past crossing?

Q2. I've noted that I can't combine hourly and daily time periods in a single scan.  Can you confirm this?  It's hard to check because "view conditions on chart" only has one time frame.  However, whenever i mix time frames it seems to not return the right items.

Q3. Is there any other way to combine 1 and 5 period comparisons for PSAR?  I've found with Stoch I can do Stoch12.5 and Stoch60.25 and it comes close enough for jazz. 

Q4. Can you request that the team make a PCF expression as PSAR1.02.20.1 where the first number is the number of periods, the next two are PSAR arguments, and the last being the last period of the expresion.  That way i can make an effective condition and have the flexibility to back track or use it for range purposes.

Thanks for all that you do!

Topic: Default Scan Conditions
Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:49:30 PM

I was watching the training last night.  It was really informative.  i really like all the new changes espeically "Create Scan from Indicator".  That will save me tons of time.

When I Create Scan from indicator, just like the trainer, I would like to to default to my normal "qualifying" conditions:

1. Default to my preferred list of stocks rather than the first list in my watch lists.

2. Have a volume qualifier so it screens out low volume stocks

3 Have a price qualifer to screen out stocks that are too low and too high.

4. I love a qualifier for PriceVolitily so it gets stocks that trade a certain range %

I noticed the trainer did what I do, after creating a scan, he added 2-3 additional conditions that "he always does". 

Is there a way to do this automatically; i.e. have a "default scan" and any time I create a new scan it uses the default values?  If not, can this be a feature request.

Thanks

Topic: Updated documentation for Hot Keys in TC2000 v12.2 - Nnofficial
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:47:06 PM

Thanks StockGuy.  That worked. 

Topic: Updated documentation for Hot Keys in TC2000 v12.2 - Nnofficial
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:12:00 PM

I'm just coming back to TC2000 after a time away.

With 12.3, I can't get Ctrl-W - Next watchlist to work.  Does this work for other people?  Do I need some area of the screen to have focus when I press this?

I arranged my watch lists in order to view; and then would go through space- space- space, Ctrl-W to the next.  I have about 8 list starting from market indicators to owned stocks to watch lists.