Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Default Scan Conditions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
wb15858
Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:49:30 PM

I was watching the training last night.  It was really informative.  i really like all the new changes espeically "Create Scan from Indicator".  That will save me tons of time.

When I Create Scan from indicator, just like the trainer, I would like to to default to my normal "qualifying" conditions:

1. Default to my preferred list of stocks rather than the first list in my watch lists.

2. Have a volume qualifier so it screens out low volume stocks

3 Have a price qualifer to screen out stocks that are too low and too high.

4. I love a qualifier for PriceVolitily so it gets stocks that trade a certain range %

I noticed the trainer did what I do, after creating a scan, he added 2-3 additional conditions that "he always does". 

Is there a way to do this automatically; i.e. have a "default scan" and any time I create a new scan it uses the default values?  If not, can this be a feature request.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:52:31 PM

Worden Trainer

The best way I can think of to do this would be create a base EasyScan setup exactly how you want it with the desired List to Scan, EasyScan Conditions and WatchList Columns you want included in all of your other EasyScans. 

The preferred WatchList should just be set as the List to Scan in your base scan.

Selecting Add Condition and choosing VOLUME will allow you to check for it to be greater than a certain value. Selecting Add Condition and choosing PRICE will allow to use Is Between to make sure price is not too high or too low.

Creating your volatility condition will depend on the specifics of exactly what you want to do. For example, you could create an Indicator Formula for how much the high is above the low as a percentage:

100 * (H / L - 1)

How much the average high is above the average low as a percentage over some arbitrary period (in this case 5 bars):

100 * (AVGH5 / AVGL5 - 1)

Or how much the highest high is above the lowest low as a percentage over some arbitrary period (in this case 10 bars):

100 * (MAXH10 / MINL10 - 1)

There are lots of other possibilities as well, but if you create and save the desired Indicator Formula for your price volatility measure, you can choose it as an EasyScan Condition when selecting Add Condition in the the Edit tab of the EasyScan.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions

You will want to save your base scan using an easy to remember name which comes early in the alphabet so it shows up near the top of your list of EasyScans.

You will click on EasyScans and choose to Make a Copy of this Scan (to the right of the name of your base scan) before you click on an indicator to Create Scan Condition. After you setup the new condition as desired, choose Add to an existing WatchList or Scan and then Add to Conditions in the copy of the base scan you just added instead of choosing Scan in New Window.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles