Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

PSAR Requests Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
wb15858
Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:46:08 PM

Bruce,

I'm loving PSAR as a buy/sell indicator.  It is quickly replacing Stoch for me.

I have PSAR 0.02 0.20 on my charts.  Works great. When PSAR goes under it's a buy, and when PSAR goes over it's a sell.  This works very well on high cap stocks. 

I have a scan condition for PSAR that was made from the indocator.  it is Parabolic SAR 0.02 0.20 Price History Crossing Down Price - Daily.   This works terrific.

Q1. is there any way to do this as a 5 day or that the cross has happend in the last 5 days?   Sometimes I'm looking for confirmation and would like to see a recent past crossing?

Q2. I've noted that I can't combine hourly and daily time periods in a single scan.  Can you confirm this?  It's hard to check because "view conditions on chart" only has one time frame.  However, whenever i mix time frames it seems to not return the right items.

Q3. Is there any other way to combine 1 and 5 period comparisons for PSAR?  I've found with Stoch I can do Stoch12.5 and Stoch60.25 and it comes close enough for jazz. 

Q4. Can you request that the team make a PCF expression as PSAR1.02.20.1 where the first number is the number of periods, the next two are PSAR arguments, and the last being the last period of the expresion.  That way i can make an effective condition and have the flexibility to back track or use it for range purposes.

Thanks for all that you do!

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:43:34 PM

Worden Trainer

There is no way to check for the crossover of price through the PSAR during any of the most recent 5 bars in a single scan. This is primiraly because it is not possible to reproduce the PSAR as a Condition Formula and because EasyScans do not have a way to implement OR which does not involve using a formula.

You can in fact mix and match multiple time frames in the same EasyScan.

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles