Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Watchlist and Scan Fields Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
wb15858
Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:59:16 PM

Bruce,

New watchlist field:  Earnings date  - While I realize earnings date is not really a standard fundamental, my Scottrade has it in its watchlist, so they are getting it from somewhare.

New watchlist field:  Days to Earnings date.  This is even better, so I can sort a group of stocks by number of days left.

Bugged watchlist field:  Price Volatility.  Thank you for including this field.  It is very useful. In using it I found it changes significantly based on day of week.  If you plot it, you can clearly see that it bounces in a 5 day cycle. Might it be that your data source is not accounting for weekends as non-trading days?  My suggestion is to calculate volatility based only on trading days and see if that steadies out the indicator and day-to-day scan values.

Thanks

mkirby
Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 10:32:18 AM

Why is the dividend yield inaccurrate? It does NOT match what Morningstar indicates.