Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Certain Trendlines have started to change colour just today. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ChrisBellis
Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:16:10 AM

Hi

I've not experienced this problem before. Just today trendlines i have draw this week, and those drawn whilst in today's work session, have started to change from white to black (in the Basic palette). However, those colour green or red are unaffected. 

Do you have any idea why this could be happening and can you please help?

I am using version 17.0.624.0.20051.

Thanks in advance

Chris

ChrisBellis
Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:18:42 AM

Forgot to mention, this even happens if i try to set the lines colour as white just as i am drawing it. I click basic white and get black. Click any colour and i get the one i chose.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:26:29 AM

Worden Trainer

Please contact technical support.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
vanzylspengler
Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 12:55:34 AM

Hello Bruce,

I need some help to create a new indicator in TC2000 for the web browser ver 12-5. 

I would like to know if there is convertion tool to convert the script / formula from say another platform like Thinkorswim, NinjaTrader 7 or Tradestation into script / indicator that will work in TC2000?

If a converstion tool does not exist, I need help to recreate my indicator in TC2000. I already have my indicaror formula / script for Thinkorswim, NinjaTrader 7 or Tradestation. 

Out of interest, is it possible in TC2000, to create an indicator where the colour of the bars change in relation to the prevailing trend? e.g. if the trend is up then bars = green or if the trend is down then the bars = red or within certain parameters if the trend sideways then bars = yelllow? 

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 9:22:21 AM

Worden Trainer

There as no automatic conversion tool.

You can't color indicators in general, but it is possible to use multilpe Custom PCF Indicators with the Dot and Histogram Plot Styles to arbitrarily color individual dots and bars.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 10:40:23 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

You can't color indicators in general, but it is possible to use multilpe Custom PCF Indicators with the Dot and Histogram Plot Styles to arbitrarily color individual dots and bars.

This is such a common (and extremely useful) technique, it really deserves...

• a template, or
  • a sticky post, or
  • Help Files article, or
  • a short tutorial video, or 
  • something :)

Maybe these resources already exist and I'm just not aware, but given the inability of TC2000 to paint price bars, this is a slick and elegant workaround.

Should be taught in TC2000 101. :)