Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

New version 16 is useless for me Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bernystock
Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:09:49 AM

Gold Customer Gold Customer

You can paper trade with new version 16: that's good. 

But what we have lost are the new capabilities from v12.5 and 12.6 (also available in Stockfinder) to draw and write selectively on the different time charts.

From 8 drawing boards in v12.5 and 12.6 we only get one (again) in version 16. A deconstruction in TC2000.

Sorry, for me TC2000 version 16 is useless for trading vs v12.5.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:53:02 AM

Worden Trainer

Select Tools | System Settings | Charts and check Include Extra Drawing Boards.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
gordonerlebach
Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:25:23 PM

Hi Bruce, 

Where do I find the differences between version 16 and current version. Why switch to version 16? I hope that formula capability has expanded to compensate for the loss of notes. 

Why were notes deleted from TC2000? They were very convenient. 

Thanks,

Gordon

bernystock
Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:32:36 AM

Hi Bruce,

So my claim is wrong. You really have an answer to all questions.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 9:35:33 AM

Worden Trainer

gorden.erlebach,
The Release Notes list the new features. Features which are not in TC2000 v16 at its initial release were removed because of technical or legal incompatibilities with the new features such as paper trading (and real trading). There may be ways to get some of these features back into the program, but the issues with including them are not resolved (and may or may not be able to be resolved).

bernystock,
You're welcome. Unfortunately as can be seen by my reply to gordon.erlebach, this is not always actually the case.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bcochrane
Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 11:37:53 AM

Bruce. I like 12.6 but have gone back to a previous version because I couldn't set Alerts in 12.6 without Premium membership. Is this a permanent condition or one that will be resolved over time? There has been some discussion about BATS data coming back, and I assume that if that were the case, you could offer Alerts in 12.6

Thanks

Bill Cochrane

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 11:44:19 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not know for sure if it is something which will change or not. I suspect it is something that could change, but I cannot say it will change. At least for now, alerts in TC2000 version 16 require real time data, but you can still get alerts in TC2000 version 12 without real time data.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bcochrane
Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:29:43 PM

Thanks Bruce

shakazuluwarrior
Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 7:18:21 AM

Anyone noticed the basic news feeds have also been disabled in this version. Update that disables and removes needed functions is a "downgrade" , Now we have to go fishing for any news on any ticker. This will be my last month of service after 6yrs. Enough of the worthless downgrades disguised as upgrades.

wesmain
Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 5:15:45 PM

QUOTE (shakazuluwarrior)
Anyone noticed the basic news feeds have also been disabled in this version. Update that disables and removes needed functions is a "downgrade" , Now we have to go fishing for any news on any ticker. This will be my last month of service after 6yrs. Enough of the worthless downgrades disguised as upgrades.

I'm a relatively new user, but I'm also considering cancelling.  The "news" tab was one of the most compelling features for me. Setting alerts is also much more difficult, and I can't add/change buttons on the toolbar anymore.

It'll be a process to export all of my work to another program, but I don't see much choice.

gord l
Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 10:33:54 AM

It would have been nice if Worden would have reported v16 does not have BATS real time service and Gold customers go back to 15 minute delay if you don't pay an additional fee.

I was advised to upgrade to v16 by Worden support, but this was never mentioned. I'm going back to v12.