New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bcochrane
About
User Name: bcochrane
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 324
[0.11% of all post / 0.12 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Suggestions
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 2:52:43 AM

I would add a request or suggestion for a Cycle drawing tool. Something like the Quadrant tool or Fib Time Zones, but Vertical, and with constant, not Fib, distances between lines.It would be useful for highlighting visually repetitive patterns, such as monthly or quarterly cycles, such as behaviour between earnings announcements.

Topic: Missing News Feeds
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 10:48:43 AM

TC2000 V17 takes a different approach to linking us to external news sources, and that is to dynamically link the TC2000 stock symbol to the page on an external website dedicated to that stock symbol.

Apologies if you are already aware of this, but if not:

Click on "Open Finance Sites for Active Symbol" on the News & Notes tab. There are 14 websites there that you can link to. Examples are Google FInance News and CNN Money News. Some of these sites are themselves aggregators of news from other sites.

Hope this helps

Topic: Uptrends for traders with pacemakers
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:24:17 PM

Some scan criteria I'm playing with:

1. Your RSquare over a 30 bar period
  2. Kaufman Efficiency Ratio over 60 days
  3. Trade Bias Count of bars where Stoc 70 .3 is over 50 in the past 30 days. 30 is a prefect score

Obviously one factor to decide on is what time period are you looking for? I haven't decided whether I prefer 30 or 60 days (see confusion above).Or is it some other period?

Another trick would be to select your favorite indicator (eg Stoc or RSI) and apply Donchian Channels, and the look for lower channel to always be above 30 or 50 or whatever

Topic: i cannot start my tc2000
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:06:38 AM

Contact TC2000 Technical Support - top right of this screen

Topic: Request PCF Formula The Elder Ray - Bull Power Indicator Signal
Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2017 8:59:27 AM

It is built into TC2000 as an Indicator, along with Bear Power

Topic: short term stop , close below previous 2 day low
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 9:23:45 AM

C<MinL2.1 and

C>MaxH2.1

Topic: % change and vol BUZZ
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2017 8:21:17 AM

Price % Change 5 Days

• 100 * (C / C5 - 1) or 100 * (C / L5 - 1)

Price % Change 6 Months (~120 days)

• 100 * (C - MinC120) / MinC120 or 100 * (C - MinL120) / MinL120

Price % Change one Year (~250 days)

• 100 * (C - MinC250) / MinC250 or 100 * (C - MinL120) / MinL120

The first option in each case gives the percent move during a specific time period. The second option gives the % move from the low during the time period. If the stock were going up steadily, the two numbers will be the same, but if it dipped after the start of the specific time period, the second formula will give a higher number.

Topic: Plot the Rank
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 5:18:19 PM

Oh well, I passed a few pleasant moments thinking this up. I always know there are far more good ideas than time to implement them.

Topic: Plot the Rank
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 3:16:12 PM

Adding to the To Do List:

For Fundamentals (Beleive limited to them) I can add "Show Ranking" under the cell in the watchlist.

1. Hence, we know the number of the ranking, why not allow us to display it, instead of the the value, or in another cell?
  2. And, if we can add that, why not add the ability to to display the ranking number for any PCF? (well, its a lot of work, for one thing)
  3. Another thought: In the interests of full disclosure, I get by pretty well by using Ranking to focus on top 25% of stocks ranked by the IBD RS PCF, and then just using eyeball to refine the search. And the difference between the 98th and the 97th pecentile is too fine to worry about. But it would be nice to use Ranking to shorten the results of a scan to the top 25% and then have a column with a tick mark to indicate in top 10%, say. Of course, if we did that, then I could have multiple columns, with ticks for in top 10%, top 20% etc

Ranking is a nice feature. I suspect it is underused from a lack of publicity (he surmised in total absence of real data), and it would be nice to have a bit more flexibilty. And now on to more immediately productive things :-)

Topic: v18 WishList - Option Chain Enhancements
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:38:46 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black%E2%80%93Scholes_model