New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bcochrane
About
User Name: bcochrane
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 215
[0.08% of all post / 0.09 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Additions to newest version
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 6:19:17 PM

Is there any more informationon on Auto Track?

Thanks

Topic: Sector Rotation
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:16:43 AM

"MOBO (Momentum Breakout Bands) study suggests that all markets and stock prices have a period where they chop or have a noise level that is trendless.

Using settings on adjusted standard deviation bands (Bollinger Bands®), the study has momentum breakouts above the bands for positive moves and momentum breakdowns for price breaks below the bands. This works for all time periods and tick charts."

Looks like something similar to John Carters Squeeze Indicator

Topic: Timeframe Bug
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:08:48 AM

Contact technical support

Topic: Number of days a condition has existed
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2017 9:24:42 AM

In Version 17, should be

CountTrue(AvgC7/AvgC65>1.05,252)

Topic: Float
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 9:33:49 PM

Re the first question of why different sites report different numbers for Float:

Its my understanding that one number can be the number of shares issued and in the marketplace,and the second, larger number is the number of shares AUTHORIZED to be issued.Not all shares authorized need to be have been issued. Example, some are held back for staff option awards.

I can't and won't vouch for this being the explanation in the cases you are seeing, but it is the case in some instances

Topic: PCF Construction "Future" Time
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 5:09:22 PM

FWIW another way to reduce the number of swing signals, and hence focus on the major swings is to use a chart with Weekly bars, rather than Daily. This is roughly the equivalent of changing the 5 in the PCFs to 25.

Cheers

Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 11:35:26 AM

Thanks Bruce, exactly what I was looking for. The objective is to quickly identify possible points to set Fibs at, and hence I am only interested in the past. (If I had a technique for predicting swing points in the future, I'd be posting from Trump Tower or some other similarly expensive place). Sorry I wasn't clear in my earlier posts. 

If anyone else is interested, the corresponding PCF for the Lows is "MinL5 > L5 AND L5 < MinL5.6". I set the Plot Opacity for the two PCF&#39;s to the very left, and only the Dots from Moving Average PCF&#39;s are visible.

The choice of 5 bars to identify Swing Highs & Lows is subjective, one might like a higher number, in which case the PCF&#39;s need to revised. This would reduce the number of dots or swing indicators, but the lower number in the PCF would also indicate any Swing Points which would show with the higher number, ie a swing point which is based on the 15 bars PCF would also show as a swing point based on 5 bars, but not vice versa.

Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2017 12:30:10 PM

No, he was suggesting a technique for identifying swing points, albeit slightly in retrospect, so the technique required forward and back views. Or to put it another way, the indicator wouldn&#39;t appear until 5 days after the event.

Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2017 1:39:58 PM

A curiosity question, Bruce. 

I was watching a webinar on Sat, and the presenter suggested an indicator to mark Swings, when a High or Low is higher or Lower than any High or Low for the previous 5 days, AND the next 5 days. The first half is simple (H>H1, H> H2 etc) but how would I test against the five days following?

I&#39;m assuming using Custom PCF % True for the Condition.

Thanks

Topic: Hiding a panel in a Chart
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 5:58:45 PM

Bingo

Thanks