New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bcochrane
About
User Name: bcochrane
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 265
[0.09% of all post / 0.10 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Need help with a Relative Strength Indicator using Wave Counts
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 10:09:46 AM

From StockCharts:

"Because the PMO is normalized, it can also be used as a relative strength tool. Stocks can thus be ranked by their PMO value as an expression of relative strength."

So a stock with a PMO higher than the PMO of another stock or ETF is performing "better". One could compare a stock's PMO number with the PMO number of SPY, QQQ or VTI,as one saw fit

Topic: Free Trading Journal in Excel Spreadsheet Format
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 8:16:48 AM

Which spreadsheet are you referring to, asking for?

I do have the one I referredto in my Oct 10 post

Topic: Formula for the High at the most recent Swing High
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:36:03 AM

Sorry, Bruce, I was able to get the first one (swing Low) to plot successfully, but not the second. I tried it with and without - (L + C) / 2) < (C - L) / 2 appended, but neither worked. I&#39;m sure there are more variations I could try, but I lost patience.Could you step me thru it?

Thanks

Topic: Price within x% of 50ema on minute
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 7:51:17 AM

ABS(C -XAvgC50) <= .05

Topic: Option Implied and Historical Volatility
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2017 3:22:51 PM

Implied Volatility is there to be added. The Option Chain watchlist can have columns added and deleted just like any other.

Historical Volatility would appear to only available for stocks, not options, and the built in function is for 100 days or bars.

Topic: TC Net stopped working
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 10:59:32 PM

I suggest you contact Support @TC2000.com for help over the weekend

Topic: Tusher Chande Trend Check Carpet
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:11:25 PM

Thanks

Topic: Candlestick for dummies
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 11:51:36 AM

Uncle, FWIW, Tom Bulkowski has done research into what candle patterns are most effective. http://thepatternsite.com/CandleEntry.html

Cheers

Topic: Tusher Chande Trend Check Carpet
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 11:47:57 AM

http://stockcharts.com/articles/chande/2017/04/engage-more-closely-with-the-market-via-the-trend-check-carpet.html

I&#39;m intrigued by this approach, if only because I like Chande&#39;s work (Aroon,etc)

I have it setup to display as row of dots on bottom panel of a chart using variations of -2/ABS(AvgC40>BBBot(.5,200) and AvgC40<BBTop(.5,200)) Custom PCF Indicator, separate rows for each time period (Well, I&#39;ve done 3 of the 4,anyway).So I&#39;ve ended up with 9 (will be 12) different Custom PCF Indicators.

First, in the interests of elegance, is there a way of combining the three PCF&#39;s for one time frame (Bull, Neutral and Bear) into one?

Second, is there any way of having these display as dots in a watchlist, with one column for each time frame, three different color dots for each cell?

A True False column won&#39;t work, as I need three states. I&#39;m trying the Positive, zero, negative column with the following formula

ABS(AvgC40>BBTop(.5,200)) - ABS(AvgC40<BBBOT(.5,200)) which returns 1, 0 or -1, which is accurate, but not as elegant as Check marks etc.

My next thought is to sum all four time frames using the appropriate variations of the formula in the preceding paragraph. 4 is bullish across all 4 timeframes, -4 is likewise bearish.

Any thoughts on how I could improve my approach?

Thanks

Topic: Stocks that are up for the year
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 9:04:09 AM

Try Watch This Topic Button above