New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bcochrane
About
User Name: bcochrane
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 196
[0.07% of all post / 0.08 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: moving average question
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:03:50 PM

Assuming a simple moving average of, say 20 days, 

AvgC20>Avgc20.1

There are lots of examples in the forum you can search for which will help you set up scans with different criteria

Topic: V17 "Remove (sym) from Watchlist" button
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 7:22:37 AM

I observe the same change in behaviour. I don't know if it is intentional or not, but it creates an inconvenience. If I'm srolling down a watch list, and delete one entry I need to reset the scrolling point (ie highlight a stock, so the Space bar will then move me down sequentially. Would be nice to revert to previous functionality. 

I can't document this, but I have a suspicion that deleting a watchlist entry can cause the watchlist to re-sequence. If I'm correct, then this too causes minor inconvenience.

Topic: PCF
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 4:06:37 PM

Look for column Tracking %

Topic: Dot in Watchlist
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2017 8:19:19 PM

Thanks again. I have it working now. I set the Scaling as "Center on 0". 

Posted: Monday, February 06, 2017 1:51:34 PM

OK, I'm a bit dense today. What type of Custom Indicator do I create (True, etc) and what is Scaling?

Thanks

Posted: Monday, February 06, 2017 12:18:12 PM

Thanks Bruce. Got it to work with the first two formula as Custom True PCF Indicators, except I deleted the first two characters in each (0/). I was getting errors with those two formula as written (Divide by zero)

Set the Scaling for both as Custom, Bounded by Top & Bottom, Max Value 50, Min Value 0

Did play a bit with the single formula, but as you suggested, couldn't get the scaling to work.

Posted: Monday, February 06, 2017 9:53:59 AM

I'm trying to tidy up my TTM Indicator charts, based on the above formula. It looks simpler and faster than the original.

Should STDDEV(20) * 4 > 3 * ATR(20) be a Squeeze Off indicator? If so, how should on set the Scaling parameters? (In my first attempt, the Not True ended up on the zero line, and the True at the top of the chart panel. I simply reversed labels, and it looks OK :-) Then I lost the scaling altogether. When I change the formula in the TTM chart you distribute, I lose dots altogether. Help

Next, I thought, can I combine the two PCF's into one? (Not really combine, because that implies two formulae, but just use one formula). First thought, plot as short (Not taller than a dot) histogram with negative values turned on. But I don't know how to set scaling so histogram shows along zero line.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Topic: Indicator formula for TTM squeeze
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2017 9:05:34 AM

Consider looking here

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63671

Topic: Boolean Formula in V12/v16 and V17
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 7:44:02 AM

Looks to me from your post that you have a comma in 1.20, not a period.

Formula works for me in V17 with the period

Topic: New User Question on Layouts!
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:28:22 PM

I think the facility you want is TCMail. its in the Tools option at the top. Your friend needs to send Layout to your TC2000 id, and then you can read or import to your version.