Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Apple and BOP?? Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
InvestOverTime
Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:08:55 AM

Been watching AAPL and BOP (Balance of Power) indicator for several years, Curious to suggestions why BOP has not been a good inidicator for (forecasting) this stock's activity?? 

I know BOP doesn't work on every stock, just trying to learn more about this indicator's character from a stock history I have watched closely since it's $80 days back in 2007.

jas0501
Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:09:21 PM
There are some who swear by BOP.

I've been unable to convince myself that BOP offers any real insight Pick your poison.
diceman
Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:05:07 PM

Maybe it has to do with its size?

If you’ve seen the Harry Boxer webinars, he tends to use lesser known, smaller cap, stocks
and BOP is typically off the charts.

Thanks
diceman

InvestOverTime
Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:18:48 AM
So basically, the bigger the stock, the less effective BOP tends to be?... (generalizing here).
diceman
Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:42:42 AM
QUOTE (InvestOverTime)
So basically, the bigger the stock, the less effective BOP tends to be?... (generalizing here).

I don’t use BOP enough to know.

I remember something about a repeating cycle in BOP,
maybe the stocks that “don’t work” have a different cycle content.

I’m from the school: if you don’t see it, don’t use it.

So I would take it on a case by case basis and look
for other methods with AAPL.

Thanks
diceman

diceman
Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:53:22 AM

Dont know why my post is inserting

&risquo

for quotes and apostrophes?

fpetry
Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:24:43 AM
Diceman is correct, BOP works best on stocks sub large cap, and Apple definitely large cap.  But same applies to other extreme, the micro caps.  General rule of thumb, use BOP on small to mid caps.  As with all indicators use BOP as a confirmation to pure price/volume/pattern setup in helping make trade executions.  Go to Worden support for an excellent indepth essay on BOP, written by its inventor, Mr. Worden.
Jpetesmith
Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 11:25:10 AM
Great Morning to all of those inside of the AWESOME World of Worden Bros., Inc. GRAND MASTER Martha Stokes, CMT, gave a webinar a while back on BOP. The video was to be posted on and held by TEAM WORDEN, but they opted out due to their release of TC2000 V12 unveiling. I sincerely respect their new product. She was kind enough to still run her interpretive webinar on Balance of Power on her site. She states in summary. BALANCE OF POWER works best with SMALL to MIDCAP stocks, OUTSTANDING SHARES of at least 25 MILLION to LESS than 750 million, and SHARES HELD BY INSTITUTIONS 20 TO 85%. NO, NO! Thank you, Martha Stokes, CMT, and Worden Bros., Incorporated!!! Since, it is Basket Ball Season. How about them SPR'S:) OH YEAH! DiceMan, not using BOP?! It's time to step your game up Big BRO!:)
Jpetesmith
Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:43:39 PM
Forgive me I was wrong about the timing of this Webinar. I got it cornfused about the time of its release. Just WRITING my wrong. :P
Gagalliano
Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:50:25 PM
indicators is null.  Just price and volum can help making practical decision~~~~~~~~~~ Get out of indicators and practice your feeling of prices