Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

BARBARA STAR TMV INDICATOR Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
walabi-1
Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:04:45 AM
WHERE CAN I FOUND THE TMV INDICATOR THAT WAS IN THE STOCKS AND COMMODITIES MAGAZINE
bsielaff
Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:39:02 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Check page 63 of the February 2012 issue for Worden's take.
walabi-1
Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:16:43 PM
bsielaff

Yes I know it is on page 63. But where is the coding for TMV indicator. Patrick Argo of Worden Brothers only provided some explanation on some aspect of the indicator. All other softwares provided the coding for their platform..
StockGuy
Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:45:11 AM

Administration

QUOTE (walabi)
bsielaff

Yes I know it is on page 63. But where is the coding for TMV indicator. Patrick Argo of Worden Brothers only provided some explanation on some aspect of the indicator. All other softwares provided the coding for their platform..

There isn't any coding required other than the formula for the Keltner channels as described in the article. Click on Price, then Add Indicator and select Custom PCF Channel. The indicator line formula is (H+L+C)/3 and the channel width formula is H-L.  

The other indicators...ADX, Commodity Channel Index and Percent Volume Oscillator...are in the indicator library. Add these to your chart and then you can create conditions from the plots on the chart for ADX "moving up", CCI above 0 and Price above top Keltner channel.

oleeddie
Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 5:37:39 PM
Is there any chance to get a blowup of the illustration shown on page 63 or a breakdown of the columns, etc
The printing is so small that it's simply to hard to see for my eyes and what magnifier I have isn't that good
Thanks,  Ed
StockGuy
Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 5:45:47 PM

Administration

Symbol, price, Price Daily Above MovAvg8, Price Daily Below MovAvg 8, PVO Daily > 50

The price above/below moving average columns were created by clicking on Price, then Create Condition and setting the condition to above/below Mov Avg 8, then click Scan/Sort.  The PVO column was created the same way but setting it to Greater Than 50.