Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

outage Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
davidmorales
Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:45:08 PM
did any one else experience an outage today or was it just me!! 7/14
thnx
BobMc
Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:13:18 PM
I couldn't connect with any worden site most of the morning of 7-14

Regards
BobMc
rick9719
Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:37:14 PM
There was a serious outage of www.worden.com as well as the R/T data feed for Platinum customers. In my opinion, this is a serious issue that no one can afford to suffer too often. 

Personally, I am thankful my market position was flat into the open today. Had it not been, I would have been in dire straits.

Oddly, I see no word at all from Worden, Inc. that I can find in these forums. And that, too, is a little disconcerting for those who trade real money with this data.

I think I'll be scouting for a backup data feed immediately. I'm surprised I allowed myself to trade without one.

clacld
Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:08:26 PM
QUOTE (rick9719)
There was a serious outage of www.worden.com as well as the R/T data feed for Platinum customers. In my opinion, this is a serious issue that no one can afford to suffer too often. 

Personally, I am thankful my market position was flat into the open today. Had it not been, I would have been in dire straits.

Oddly, I see no word at all from Worden, Inc. that I can find in these forums. And that, too, is a little disconcerting for those who trade real money with this data.

I think I'll be scouting for a backup data feed immediately. I'm surprised I allowed myself to trade without one.

I was upset as well as I could not use the program the entire day. As for dire straits, I certainly wouldn't go that far. Telechart is not a brokerage service so you certainly could continue to get your real time quotes from your broker.
bbruin
Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:26:52 PM
I agree. While very inconvenient to not have Worden during the day, if you had any positions, you could trade them through your brokerage.
PRRWB
Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:50:20 PM

Yes, I emailed Worden and they replied they were having issues. Really this is a big deal when so many people depend on this data. They should issue some type of credit.
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:04:58 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Mgt needs a strong semester of Corporate Communications.  For what it's worth, they have a Twitter account but lack to use it.  Today there were two messages about 12 1/2 hours apart saying basically, "We're down" and  later "We're Back Up"  with absolutely no explanation.  Other charting sites I subscribe to are excellent in keeping their clients informed up to the minute including a full description of the problem and daily credits for lost time.  Hey Worden, com'on man, get with it.
drice59
Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:13:42 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I just downloaded end of day data and several of the major market averages are incorrect (UNCH).  Examples are COMPQX, DJ-15, DJ-20, DJ-30, DXY0, NDX-X, OEX, RUT-X, SP-500, XGLD, XSLV.  
bbruin
Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 12:48:46 AM
I do agree that Worden should have offered some some sort of an explanation as well as an apology for being down virtually the entire day.  I 1st sent them an email asking if there was a problem to which they replied that they were indeed having technical problems - but I never received an email letting me know that the site was somewhat back to normal.

I used to be a Trade Station customer - only for the charting.  I think it was 2 months into my membership when the charts froze up first thing in the morning - data overload.  This lasted about 30 minutes.  I received an email from them asking if I had experienced any difficulties with their system in the morning - I answered that the charts had been frozen for about 30 minutes.  About 5 minutes later, I received another email from them, apologizing and they gave me a free month!  Trade Station is an expensive service so needless to say, I was very impressed by their customer service.

davidmorales
Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 12:55:38 AM
well its 12 39 am on the 15th,  forex feed is still down guess i will miss the asian session. my signals come from the tc feed.
jas0501
Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 2:14:44 AM
QUOTE (Big_Sky_Walker)
Mgt needs a strong semester of Corporate Communications.  For what it's worth, they have a Twitter account but lack to use it.  ...

Worden's corporate culture is and has never been very open:
 o Product plans are never revealed until release. 
 o Betas drag on and on without revealing what the schedule is or why things slip
 o Reported backtesting data issues persist with missing days and incorrect volumes and no fixes
 o Beta test dialogue is via email ,not an open forum for debating the value of feature s and functions
 o admission of bugs and assurrances of fixes are nonexistent or non-delivered.  (StockFinder annual return beign a clssic example.)
 o Management chases the new tech thing without addressing existing issues in "supported" products.(Eamples: The blog capabilty release with StockFinder was in beta and then pulling the plug  in the blog with no warning or explanation. The mobile interface with no support during the current beta.) Again without revealing product plans or rational.
 o Pricing policies have been all over the map
 o The twitter account seems obligatory without any commitment to informing users. Might as well just post:
     We're up!
     We're down!
     We're up.
 The twitter account could be so much more! Posts referencing:
 - other sites that feature Worden's products
 - broker relationships
 - awards and magazine articles
 - video seminar presenters
 - training sites and schedules
 - system status with tecnical details

Essentially Worden's managment style is at odds witn an open informative relationship with customers in regard to issues and product plans..

davidmorales
Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 2:38:22 AM
is that what you call this "a slip" :) more like a broken hip!
davidmorales
Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 2:52:56 AM
now there just stating an outright lie on the web page... all systems normal as of 9:xx pm 7/14. my charts say the last price 7/13 and there is no forex feed  friday at 2 :50 am on the 15th.