Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

GM IPO Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Tiger1220
Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:21:55 AM

Better catch F now!! Seems like Ford is getting an early start on moving up before GM comes out. Be careful that when GM goes on the market that F doesnt sell off. I would guess those making money on F now will be trying to get some off of GM in the first few days.

Good luck

tomson10
Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 10:49:28 AM
What is IOP

Do you mean IPO?
cpsi
Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:34:42 PM
F and GM lead me to think I may be too cautious. Obviously, somebody is out there buying new cars in volume. F is still holding too much debt for me to be totally happy. GM needs to get rid of its governmental overlords, or they'll be marketing Edsels for years. Honda makes cars in Ohio - yeah, I know the parts come from all over.

My best guess is that GM will outperform after the IPO, which means that the IPO will come in cheap.
JOEMICNJ
Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:27:27 AM
The small retail investor who bailed out GM and the banks has been left out of the GM IPO by GM and Obama as usual. We pay the bills but never profit on the upside so much for spread the wealth by Obama. I say protest GM by not buying their cars and buy FORD instead. Then maybe GM will remember the little guy. Lets see how many GM cars these big banks buy from their GM IPO proceeds.
Tiger1220
Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 12:21:11 PM

Ford is having another good day. Will it get to $20-23???? 
What is better than driving a Ford...... is having their stock right now......
thekubiaks
Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:13:09 PM
QUOTE (cpsi)
F and GM lead me to think I may be too cautious. Obviously, somebody is out there buying new cars in volume. F is still holding too much debt for me to be totally happy. GM needs to get rid of its governmental overlords, or they'll be marketing Edsels for years. Honda makes cars in Ohio - yeah, I know the parts come from all over.  My best guess is that GM will outperform after the IPO, which means that the IPO will come in cheap.

The thing that has helped my trading tremendously is to disregard the hype and bilge spewing out of CNBC.  They exist to create volatility and steer the sheep into certain areas. 

You asked "Who is buying all of those cars?????   "   Again, disregarding the propaganda, just do a study and count the number of new GM or Ford vehicles that you see on the road in a one week period.  I live in a Ford plant town of > 1 million people and I counted 9 Fords and 6 GM's in a one week period.  It is theoretically possible that the numbers they are publishing are BS...just a thought.

Good luck on your GM IPO trade...
pthegreat
Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:06:41 PM

Traded F on Technicals. best thing is NOT to listen to the hype.

I took the long signal on 11/3/10.

out on 11/16 on a red candle high after a TD-sequential sell countdown.
could it bounce on this short term resistance, lateral purple trendline? yes. but it can also fall back to the 20 or the 50.  Until then, I'm out.

pthegreat
Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:19:41 PM

* purple trendline is support of course,  not resistance.
typing without thinking :)