Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

ATPG Independent Oil & Gas Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:51:12 AM

I mentioned this one in a couple of threads last summer and even traded it in June. 

I like it again right here as we are getting a nice pull-back after the break-out. BOP & Money Stream are both showing very positive profiles along with other proprietary indicators. The VSA price action is clear also. You can see the candle pattern in relation to Volume and how this is setting up for a nece run soon. It reminds me of my {still open possition} with APWR.

If you can snag a possition somewhere within the red box as shown in my chart below then you should be able to ride this for a decent profit up to the $18.50 to $20.00 range. Try and get a possition within the red box as close to the bottom as you can.....

Apsll
Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:59:08 AM

wwrightjuly4
Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:16:19 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Thanks Apsll,  I do enjoy your charts, bud.

Apsll
Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:02:59 AM

Thanks WW, I left some notes on your charts as well. 

I noticed that Tobydad made some notes in my "Friends" box on Freetradingvideos last month. I wish that he would post over here more often. I miss his input.

Some of you may wish to spend a few extra dollars on Platinum membership. It opens up a whole new world of members that know their stuff. They are familiar with most of us over here and will recruit you for membership into some pretty decent clubs. Some of the clubs are open to everyone and there are some pretty nifty charactors that know how to design indicators. {Most only ask that you do not share the formulas}....

Anyway if you look at the weekly chart for ATPG you will see a hanging man doji sitting there so I do expect a little more downside action here to at least the bottom of the red box above. In my opinion this will just give us a better buying opportunity as the momentum is under way for this move up.

Good luck.
sailnadream
Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:15:40 PM

Hi Apsii,

I miss him too.  In his farewell he said that he will be back when the vix is around 13.  It's soon approaching.  

Thanks for the charts.  Even though I have not been active I am still learning and grateful for all your 
teachings. 

I'm very busy applying what I've learned and have been quite sucessful and have gained much more confidence with your support and the support of this forum.  

Thank you,

Jean

Apsll
Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:24:51 PM

I am sure that Tobydad will return soon. 

ATPG has come down in price and volume remains extreamly low. Since APWR and my other long AKAM bounced off support I am looking for the same with this stock {ATPG}. 

You can buy it here with a low risk entry and sell if the markets turn on us.....
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:30:48 PM

Apsll
Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:54:36 AM

In my opinion the markets are aligned for another step up this coming week. I use the SPX (sp-500) for my benchmark... We seem to be going up in levels moving sideways at each new resistance level, the next of wich is around the 11200 mark on the SPX. 

That bodes well for stocks like ATPG that have moved up on strong volume and re-traced on low volume. VSA theory tells us that this low volume shows that there is no bite to the Bears at this time.

In my chart below I have drawn in a pink candle that represents my vission for how the price action will play out. Of course I will not be perfectly on target but I do see price moving up from here. 

Sometimes in order to shake out the timid we will see price dive down bellow one support level to the nex and leave us with an open body and a long tail. This will be our signal to enter the stock. 

Apsll
Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 11:00:51 AM

Look to the price action on August 13th to August 24th for a good comparison and possible scenerio.....

If you do find an entry in the low $14's then you can put a low risk stop loss right under the hammer of October 4th..

I will be updating this one all next week. 

Good luck.

Apsll.
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:08:35 AM

Price on this one has come down to rest on the september highs. The Markets are churning right now amidst a wave of earnings reports. Soon it will find its mojo again.

In the mean time take a look at a nice triangle AAV. I like that it is close to the bottom of the lower trend line and bouncing. The Volume indicators are respond well and I might enter this one right here.

Apsll
Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:17:44 AM

Two other charts that I have been watching are AKS & MRVL:

You can see in my following charts that we have a mixed bag.

Semiconductors are moving up while Steel is moving down....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ben2k9
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 7:56:15 PM

did you ever get into ATPG?  Its moving
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:45:07 AM

Howdy Ben, yes I am in this one. I have been since price was wrestling with the 20 ema. I am currently holding APWR (I sold for a loss a while ago and re-entered at a much lower price), ATPG and TRGL. I sold AKAM a while back for a very larg profit. 

I am working with some folks in a particular trading group that I find interesting. Their technics are similar to what I have been trying to accomplish for years of "tinkering". I am mastering it now as we speak. I no longer use stops as they can get in the way of profits. If a stock moves heavy against my position then I will exit of course but I am finding that if you know how to pick the right stocks then the profits will come....(field of dreams). It is hard to watch the draw-downs but when they are bouncing up off the critical ema's and start to head back up then I feel very good. APWR is a good example of this...

I will share some when I master this stuff a little better. I cannot however share certain indicators as that would not be fair to the ones that designed them and have asked that the formula's not be shared. 

Ben, since you are a platinum member then I suggest that you join the "Makesmoney" club. From their you can join the "pay for" private club....

Sorry for the long post..