Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sailnadream
About
User Name: sailnadream
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 193
[0.07% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Hfc anyone?
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:58:33 PM
This has saved me many times from going in long too early.  I do not go long until price is above the Linear Regression line and the LR line is moving as if to push the stock up.  If you want more on that topic check out Tobydads info on LR lines or crowbars.  The point that that would have occurred on this chart would have been on 8/24.  Not the best set up though because the tip of the LR line was not pushing price up, and there was not much volume or BOP.  There was an ominous candle on 8/31 where I would have questioned getting out.  Looking at this chart I would wait awhile.  I'd like to see a spike in volume and price above the LR 30.  Just my perspective, works for me.  

Topic: ATPG Independent Oil & Gas
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:15:40 PM

Hi Apsii,

I miss him too.  In his farewell he said that he will be back when the vix is around 13.  It's soon approaching.  

Thanks for the charts.  Even though I have not been active I am still learning and grateful for all your 
teachings. 

I'm very busy applying what I've learned and have been quite sucessful and have gained much more confidence with your support and the support of this forum.  

Thank you,

Jean

Topic: The Dan Zanger Ba-Zillion Dollar Challenge
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:20:25 PM
After tanking and selling SBSA today, (personal portfolio)  I'm tired of buying/watching these low priced stocks. I didn't place a stop because I find that on these low priced stocks they get scooped up quickly only to go back up.  So I watched it daily.  Got out probably 10% lower than I normally would have with my usually stops.  Volumes up today, bet it will rise tomorrow or more likely it will visit the 1.00 level. I entered on 6/14 thinking it was a Tobydad set up.  I didn't wait for a trend line break, and TSV wasn't giving me a buy signal on the day of purchase --6/14 I can see that mistake.  

I was thoroughly enamored with the pennys after watching PSID go up abot 40% in front of my eyes but since then they have done nothing for me.  I continue to hold SIRI but I get more of a rush and money from holding higher priced stocks.   I don't think it is worth the stress.  By the way yesterday I held the #1 spot on the challenge.  I wonder if I can get back there without going into penny stocks and without shorting.  I'm going to take that challenge.  We'll see.  

Good luck to all of you on the pennys.  I'll be interested to see how you do. 
Topic: Newbie "wannabe" swing trader looking for advice
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 6:52:57 AM

I was taught by Martha Stokes at Technitrader and was quite happy with her course.  She provides ongoing support with daily analysis and availability by e-mail. She teaches both fundamental and technical analysis.   She uses Telechart and Metastock to help with analysis.    You can look her up at Technitrader or on Twitter for morning market bias. 

Topic: Dow30 $DJIA "Titanic" just turned south on weekly chart!
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:56:12 PM
Way to call it Signaltap, AMAZING.
Topic: SNV (Just Waiting For The Break)
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 8:48:34 AM
Apsii, Nice simple explanation.  
Now the trick is to find it at just that juncture.  
Interesting that you don't have volume here as an indicator as you use VSA so much.  
By the way I am very cautitous about portfolio management. 

Thanks
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 8:38:07 AM
Apsii  what do you think of BEAT and ACAS here?  I've been in ACAS for awhle. I'm wondering if BEAT might be a similar play.  I'm more comfortable with the Tobydad method and am experimenting with these types of break outs that you talk about.  BEAT was one of the earler TD plays, how does it look here?
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 10:43:23 AM

Thank you APSII that was very helpful.  I've been watching it this morning. 

SNV is up from 2.89 this morning in extended trade and is now trading at 3.09.  Looks like it might be forming a stair step pattern on the daily.  I don't day trade so I didn't go in on this but it was nice to watch.  May be forming a dragon on the daily.  

Your views on the market have been very helpful.  Thanks for taking the time to do the commentary and  post the chart.

Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:31:30 AM
Hi Apsii, I noitce that SNV has return to the 50 day and that there was a strong peak in volume yesterday with BOP improving.  Money stream did not improve though.  Futures indicate a lower openning.  I think it may go up from there considering the doj yesterday.  What do you think is this a buying opportunity?

SNV announced that they are doing  a 1 Billion aggregate offerring of common stock and tangible equity units.  I have no idea what that means for a stocks price, anyone?
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:58:11 PM
Thank you Apsii, I've gotten lazy and haven't been checking for earnings reports/news.  It will be interesting.  I'll watch it closely in the morning.  

Sounds like a reasonable assessment.  I wonder how much damage the little guy can do.  Quite a bit I imagine.  

I think a good example of that sideways action you are talking about is QCOM which reports tomorrow.  TSV and ROC are in a nice divergence. We'll see.