Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

On the other hand, if you're feeling froggy... Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:47:20 PM

When we were kids, that was our "bring it" statement to someone who wanted to fight, compete, what have you, "If you're feeling froggy, leap!". 

So for those of you feeling froggy in the bullish dept, here's the list that I may enter if, as I study for the rest of the evening, I think we're going to get a short bull run (2-5 days I suspect?). 

The rules I use for these are to buy above the EOD HOD, adjust the conditional buy order to follow consecutively lower highs of each day (if applicable).

Definitely buy any charts that look especially good to you but the pattern of success has been to buy some of all of the stocks. 

This is a very tough call so be careful out there but, I gotta say, some of these charts are extremely tempting. 

MYGN
FSLR
BEAT (I'm already in this one)
SPAR
TBSI
IDCC
FRPT
PCBC
WNR
HOKU
HURN
FREE
CPF
PCS
FEED
SBLK
KV-A
CIT
MTXX
LEAP

Good luck
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:13:36 PM

ABMD and APPY look loaded to go as well.
jkelkar
Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:18:10 AM
Tobydad, Thanks for the list. Why is PCS on your list? The rest I understand.
tobydad
Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 7:48:37 PM

MYGN looking very nice...for those of you who do not prefer cheap stocks.
tobydad
Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 8:17:05 PM

QUOTE (jkelkar)
Tobydad, Thanks for the list. Why is PCS on your list? The rest I understand.

It fit my criteria for the list. I don't give away all of my stuff, you know. :)
ben2k9
Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:29:17 PM

Tobydad - thanks for posting these.  I'm a believer.  I bought BEAT & MYGN according to this criteria a few days back and today has been very rewarding!

I'll be studying your method in more detail and hope to have something to contibute eventually.
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:57:01 PM

IDCC looking explosive soon. 

ABMD looks nice but slim volume; I first picked it back in March and it was nice to me. May have more to go. 

FRPT looks good.

WNR hold on to your hats. Something is coming in oil and energy, too many good looking set ups.

KV-A should pop soon.

Ben, nice move on MYGN. Congrats!
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:57:45 PM

SQNM ready for more...from a previous list.
LisaK
Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:37:07 PM
tobydad,

I to have been following your picks and trying to see what you see, not as clear to me. When I run the scans and scroll through them I find many but have a harder time reducing the picks to such a great list. I will keep working on it and if you have any input that would help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
L
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:45:13 PM

Hi Lisa;

The best I can tell you is that I'm no market wizard, just a guy who trusts in a very gracious God who has been more kind to all of us than we deserve. 

I don't mean to play dumb and say that there is no system at all and these picks are just dumb luck because that is just as insulting to that God and to you. But I did want to give credit to God's blessings. 

Anyway, I have discussed my methods quite a bit here on the forum. The best way to start is to search for some of those threads and read through them. 

My system has evolved some, no doubt, but that is part of the nature of market trading; we have to move with what the market gives us. 

God's blessings to you
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:46:05 PM

By the way, BEAT intraday charts on FreeStockCharts.com look like there is more for tomorrow. I think I'll enter an order for more if it "beats" today's high.
ben2k9
Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 8:02:43 PM

QUOTE (tobydad)
SQNM ready for more...from a previous list.

boom!  You nailed it again.  I hope you were long in this one too.  This one looks like it could run quite a bit from here, in my opinion.

I'm loving the bottom feeding approach.  it creates a nice yin to the yang of breakout trading. 
funnymony
Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 10:52:39 PM

QUOTE (LisaK)
tobydad,

I to have been following your picks and trying to see what you see, not as clear to me. When I run the scans and scroll through them I find many but have a harder time reducing the picks to such a great list. I will keep working on it and if you have any input that would help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
L

tobydad has a trading style all his own. proceed with caution.

no offense to tobydad intended.
sailnadream
Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:41:56 AM
I like the looks of your pick, PLX over SQNM, Currious to see how it pans out.