Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2005 and OmniTrader 2005 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Privateer
Posted : Monday, January 31, 2005 4:56:06 PM
Hi,

I'm using TC2000 as my central data-source for other TA applications, such as OmniTrader 2005 from Nirvana and Amibroker. Both applications read the TC2000 database directly . With OT 2005, I have access all easy-scan and other watchlists and symbollists in TC2000 for direct import in OT Profiles. Amibroker takes over the complete structure of the database including all industry and sector assignments.

Today I read a post from a TC2005 betatester over at the OT2005 forum, that OmniTrader 2005 cannot read TC2005 data. I don't know of any problems with Amibroker, but maybe there's no betatester who's using this software with TC2005 database.

Hence the question remains for me, whether there will be any changes in the database structure or on the data-format itself with TC2005, and if so, have 3rd.party software developpers been made aware of these changes by Worden ?

Finally : Where can I find a listing of all changes in TC2005 vs. TC2000 ?

regards
Kuf
Posted : Monday, January 31, 2005 5:09:16 PM

Administration

TeleChart 2005 hasn't updated the developer kit in during the beta. All versions going forward will include the dev kit. If OmniTrader uses the TCDK then it will work correctly.

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
Chief Software Engineer - Worden Brothers Inc.
Try/Catch - My RealCode Blog
Privateer
Posted : Monday, January 31, 2005 5:30:35 PM
Hi Kuf,
thanks for the fast reply.
I'll post your answer also to the OT forum if you don't mind.

regards
PilatusPilot
Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2005 9:50:25 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

No problem on posting to the OT forum. We appreciate you communicating it to everybody.
j2d2
Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2005 3:57:08 PM

Hi Privateer : I am also running OmniTrader2005 and TeleChart Gold. I have a copy on one PC using Worden as the data feed and the other PC using Hyperlink as the data feed. I have had no problem getting OmniTrader to run on Worden data. I suspect the problem you are referring to has something to do with forgetting to tell OmniTrader to use the Worden symbol set during the setup procedure. However, I will tell you that I do get a small number of differences in the signals generated by Omnitrader depending upon the data source being used. Not only are signals not firing in the same order but the chart pattern recognition module does not always register and flag the same candle patterns the same on both setups. I have spoken with tech support at Nirvana and so far they blame the noted differences on the accuracy of the historical data supplied by two different vendors. That answer appears reasonable to me as the standard backtesting for signals covers the prior 250 bars of data. But pointing to the data source as a reason for having more or fewer candle patterns recognized is not quite as intuitive with me. But, so far I have not had time to actually run enough test to prove or disprove the reason being given for the reported discrepancies.
Regards,
j2d2
Tanstaafl
Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:44:59 PM
Be sure you are running the latest OT2005 release (3D I believe at this time). It does appear to correctly access TC data from the new TC2005 "TeleChart" folder, rather than the old "TC2000" folder.

Saio
Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 8:41:44 AM
Can I use TC2007 data for Omnitrader 2008 Stock Edition.
If so how.

Many thks in adv.

Saio
Tal_E
Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 7:17:04 AM

Worden Trainer

Saio,

Did this help you out?  Saio's Ask a Trainer post.

Tal_E
Limitup
Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2009 12:02:38 PM
QUOTE (Saio)
Can I use TC2007 data for Omnitrader 2008 Stock Edition.
If so how.

Many thks in adv.

Saio

Yes. I use TC2007, and OT2009 set up for Worden data source. No Telechart login or password info needs to be entered into OT2009, since it fetches all data by communicating directly to TC2007 (it'll run TC2007 if not already running). This means to get the latest data in OT2009, you'll have to 'Update TeleChart Databank' in Tc2007 first. Also, if you add new watchlists in TC2007, you'll have to exit OT2009 and restart it to see those new watchlists (likely the same if you make any symbols changes within watchlists).

Good luck. I've used OT since the early 2000's. It's consistently been very buggy, and tech support poor. Telechart support has always been a source of bugs, which they never seem to get completely solved. There are times you may corrupt your OT lists (profiles), and the only way to get the program working again is to delete them and recreate them. You might want to back up your Program Files\Nirvana\OT2009\Profiles directory on a regular basis. In case you corrupt a profile, just copy the old one back in.

Limitup