Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Privateer
About
User Name: Privateer
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Request Conversion V7 PCF to TC2000 V18
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 11:22:10 AM

Thank you. Message been sent.

best regards

Stefan

Topic: Request Conversion V7 PCF to TC2000 V18
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2018 7:35:13 AM

Hello, in V7 I used two pcfs to calculate the positionsize in #of shares and in USD for any given stock in a watchlist ( scan-list ) based on its ATR5 and a given portfolio size / risk per trade definition. Works still very well in old V7.

The pcfs return absolute values, not true or false. in V7, I use the tickbox for rounding the results.

After importing the pcfs into V18, I cannot use any of these pcfs and get error messages :

1. Unreachable Code-) at position 250

2. Unreachable Code -)*C1 at Position 250

Somehow, I cannot copy / paste the full PCfs for here....How and where casn I send the pcfs to ?

best regards

Stefan

Topic: Problem TC2007 & EasyScans
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:11:19 PM
.... edited the testscan again. I have to scroll down the upper slider a little bit and then move it up again to see "MAX" value.
Which showed 1700 symbols.

Saved it again and in the list window, it showed only 984 symbols again.
Seems the slider settings are changed during the save process.

Then I changed regional settings from germany ( my Home country ) to English ( US ) and the value function seems to work properly.

Well, of course I cannot use US settings for most of my other applications ( i.e. Excel ).

Any hint how to get TC2007 "think" it's installed on a US Version Windows ?
regards
Stefan
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:53:55 PM
... I closed TC2007 - started it again and now TestScan shows 984 symbols.

about the MAX value : It shows now "MAX" but only "3" for highest beta.

When I use Market rank instead of value - the scan shows 1615 symbols
When I use List rank, it shows 1576 symbols

Stefan
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:48:45 PM
Hello Craig,

did as you said. When creating the scan, it showed 1627 Stocks. I saved it as "TestScan". After clicking on this scan in the scan list window to reopen it, I got only 911 Stocks. Same when using the Edit function.

My database is updated through July 25th, 01:26 p.m. ET

regards
Stefan
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:51:52 AM
Hi,

have encountered a small problem with EasyScans in Version 2007 :

When I create a scan and use absolute values as a criteria, I can adjust the value during creation of the scan with the slider and it shows the final number of stocks according to this criteria. However, after saving, the scan produces zero results. When checking the scan details, the slider's values are set to zero and of course no stocks/ items are selected.

When using ranks ( List or Market ) instead of absolute value as criteria, the scan works just fine, although I cannot use ranks larger than 99 ( i.e. Top Rank is not possible; if used, the sliders are set to zero again after saving the scan ).

Strange behaviour - any proposals how to solve the problem ?

Thanks & regards
Stefan
Topic: TC2005 and OmniTrader 2005
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 5:30:35 PM
Hi Kuf,
thanks for the fast reply.
I'll post your answer also to the OT forum if you don't mind.

regards
Topic: TC2005 and OmniTrader 2005
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 4:56:06 PM
Hi,

I'm using TC2000 as my central data-source for other TA applications, such as OmniTrader 2005 from Nirvana and Amibroker. Both applications read the TC2000 database directly . With OT 2005, I have access all easy-scan and other watchlists and symbollists in TC2000 for direct import in OT Profiles. Amibroker takes over the complete structure of the database including all industry and sector assignments.

Today I read a post from a TC2005 betatester over at the OT2005 forum, that OmniTrader 2005 cannot read TC2005 data. I don't know of any problems with Amibroker, but maybe there's no betatester who's using this software with TC2005 database.

Hence the question remains for me, whether there will be any changes in the database structure or on the data-format itself with TC2005, and if so, have 3rd.party software developpers been made aware of these changes by Worden ?

Finally : Where can I find a listing of all changes in TC2005 vs. TC2000 ?

regards