Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Limitup
About
User Name: Limitup
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TC2005 and OmniTrader 2005
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 12:02:38 PM
QUOTE (Saio)
Can I use TC2007 data for Omnitrader 2008 Stock Edition.
If so how.

Many thks in adv.

Saio

Yes. I use TC2007, and OT2009 set up for Worden data source. No Telechart login or password info needs to be entered into OT2009, since it fetches all data by communicating directly to TC2007 (it'll run TC2007 if not already running). This means to get the latest data in OT2009, you'll have to 'Update TeleChart Databank' in Tc2007 first. Also, if you add new watchlists in TC2007, you'll have to exit OT2009 and restart it to see those new watchlists (likely the same if you make any symbols changes within watchlists).

Good luck. I've used OT since the early 2000's. It's consistently been very buggy, and tech support poor. Telechart support has always been a source of bugs, which they never seem to get completely solved. There are times you may corrupt your OT lists (profiles), and the only way to get the program working again is to delete them and recreate them. You might want to back up your Program Files\Nirvana\OT2009\Profiles directory on a regular basis. In case you corrupt a profile, just copy the old one back in.

Limitup
Topic: Covered Calls and Leaps
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 11:42:27 AM
I do mostly covered calls nowadays. Bought most options books over the years. For covered calls specifically (including using LEAPS instead of stock), there is no better book than:

http://www.callwriter.com/sales/buy-covered-call-book.htm

Whether you end up subscribing to his service or not, the book alone is worth getting.