Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

AMD starting to show pos. TSV divergence? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
scottnlena
Posted : Friday, March 16, 2007 1:33:44 AM

anyone else see that AMD is startign to show a positive TSV divergence... or am I the only one tht thinks this has been mercilessly hammered and hasn't had a bounce of any real sort yet. I'm not talking a long term position... just a few days of upside correction... some Buy to cover action at least.
phamjp
Posted : Friday, March 16, 2007 11:38:57 AM
I've been watching this one very closely as well. I wouldn't do anything until the price reverses and break the downtrend. At the very least watch and wait for the price to move above the 20 dma on some good volume. TSV may be changing, but MS and BOP are not where I would like them to be to think that AMD has truly "bottomed."

If you are guessing the bottom here and entering the stock, I would immediately get out if the price drops below $13.53. My guess though is that it will go sideways for the next few days before we will know what direction it will proceed. When the price begins its move then I will decide what I will do.
scottnlena
Posted : Friday, March 16, 2007 11:43:13 AM

Naturally .. Bottoms dont form over night.... bounces can happen. I actually entered on the last big white expecting a bounce there... I used a trailing entry off the high of the black doji fromteh previous day and kept moving it up till that day... I intended to get out in about two days... but you can see how that workd out. Part of tht was just market timing.