Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

ALTI -- Triangle Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bcraig73450
Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 12:17:33 PM
Comments and opinions appreciated.
bcraig73450
Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 1:03:34 PM
It is about to break the top trend line.

However, it has a good rise (0.96) since leaving the
bottom trend line (almost uninterrupted) that it is probably due to retrace part of the gain. If it does, then a Fibonacci pattern anchored at 01/29 and 03/02
indicates possible support at 3.30, 3.18, or 3.06.

The safest way to play this one is to wait for the price
1o pull back to s support level before buying.

This is just the way I see it, take it for what it is worth.
fpetry
Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 1:35:08 PM
I just replied to poster mammon above and in my comments made negative comment about playing "$3" stocks. Then I read your post about ALTI and it's a $3 stock, lol. Was NOT referring to your post about ALTI and/or its price at all; just making a general comment about which type stocks best to follow as rule of thumb imo. Matter of fact just pulled up brief on ALTI and it's one of those rare $3 stocks that happens to have excellent institutional buying. Good luck bcraiq!
jpendley
Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 4:41:59 PM
QUOTE (fpetry)
Matter of fact just pulled up brief on ALTI and it's one of those rare $3 stocks that happens to have excellent institutional buying. Good luck bcraiq!

When you mention the "brief" indicating institutional buying,
which are you referring to? I-watch, yahoo or other? The reason I ask is that I-watch seem to indicate that buying on ALTI decreased this month, and I would be happy to find that there is another source. I recall in the past the actual numbers were only accummulated after a long delay ( month?, quarter??) Maybe the exchanges have changed that so it is available sooner. I think it is the same with the %short. Old data is often misleading and if there is a "fresher" source, I would like to know where, as a current reliable number would allow us retail traders to know the direction the real force of the market is leaning
Thanks.

fpetry
Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 6:09:09 PM
When you mention the "brief" indicating institutional buying,
which are you referring to?

[/quote]

IBD
jpendley
Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2007 7:42:59 PM

Hi fpetry, in your previous posting you used the word "brief" in saying that you had just checked on ALTI. I assumed the term "brief"was used like "notes" or "information". Basically I just wondered where you get the info on institutional buying, thought maybe something more accurate than I-watch might be available.
Thanks.

fpetry
Posted : Monday, March 5, 2007 5:36:30 AM
QUOTE (jpendley)

Hi fpetry, in your previous posting you used the word "brief" in saying that you had just checked on ALTI. I assumed the term "brief"was used like "notes" or "information". Basically I just wondered where you get the info on institutional buying, thought maybe something more accurate than I-watch might be available.
Thanks.

I got it from the IBD stock checkup on their site. Basically it just confirmed what stood out when I pulled up a daily Worden chart, zoom 4 I think, where heavy green volume bars stuck out like a sore thumb past month or so for ALTI.
Apsll
Posted : Monday, March 5, 2007 7:32:53 AM

Good find BC..

The 50,100,250 day Moving Averages seem to be converging, Stochastics is starting to develop a momentum type pattern and Relative Strength is very positive..

TSV, Volume and BOP are showing the accumulation that Fpetry has already eluded too..

I would be shocked if this did not continue its current success..

On a personal note (Have not heard much from you during the day lately) Are you a nite owl now???

Apsll...
Socrates
Posted : Monday, March 5, 2007 2:08:40 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

bcraig - I've been following ALTI every single day since it was written up in Popular Science magazine in 2003. I bought into it then. If you jump (J) to the chart, make the chart arithmetic, Zoom to 1++, and draw a line at the 2003 low to the 2005 low, you find that the price kisses and bounces off of this upward trend line - so far. I had been expecting that some company would want to buy this company out because of their advanced battery technology. But today was the first time I see any news of another company being interested. AES bought into it. There is now a high probability that the stock price may never see the trend line for a long time to come, if ever. I wouldn't be surprised if, after a cooling off of the stock price, a bidding war comes into being. I'm just guessing but it makes sense to me.
soc
bcraig73450
Posted : Monday, March 5, 2007 4:02:28 PM
apsll

I just haven't had much to say lately.

Socrates

For the triangle I had the highs on 04/14/05, 04/28/06, and 09/29/06 and the lows on 04/25/03, 08/11/04, 12/23/05, and 12/21/06.

For a target, I see the next significant resistance in the neighborhood of 4.10 to 4.75.

If a bidding war starts, what do you see as a possibility?
Socrates
Posted : Monday, March 5, 2007 4:32:27 PM

BCraig - Allow me to wait till I download tonight's EOD data. I usually shutdown at the close and take a break. I'll sometimes study a single stock for over an hour before I make a decision about it. So my reply will come later this evening.
soc
Socrates
Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:38:26 AM

BCraig - If a bidding war starts, I have no idea what a potential target might be. It could easily be far more or much less than any guess I could throw out. After reading about the technology in 2003, I expected an attempted buyout within 2 years. That goes to show what good it does to guess about that. In the mean time I'll just buy and sell as I get the signals.
soc
bcraig73450
Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2007 4:05:17 AM
Thanks, Socrates.

As several people have said, I'll let the chart tell me when to sell.
Socrates
Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2007 9:41:29 PM

As of the close Friday's data the Point & Figure (P&F) charts on stockchartsdotcom had a price objective for ALTI of $1.00 / share. As of tonight's end-of-day data the P&F chart shows a price objective of $7.25/share for ALTI. What a difference a couple days make.
soc