Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

AZL - What's Your Opinion? Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
memorableproducts
Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2007 6:34:52 PM

Ok, expert chartist, what's your take on this?

Great Fundamentals.

Could this be a $13 stock soon?

tobydad
Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2007 10:58:27 PM

Well, I'm certainly not an expert chartist but I'll jump in with an opinion anyway. Fortunately, my world (and my portfolio) doesn't depend upon my being right all the time.

A resistance trend line drawn from December's high across January's high intersects almost perfectly with the 50ma for tomorrow, Monday, 2/05.

Unless AZL gets a huge boost tomorrow, I'm guessing it might bounce off of the 50ma and come back one more time (hopefully only one more time) to ricochet off of the lower 20,20 bollinger band.

Then I think you will have passed whatever resistance there was and be off to the races.

$13 doesn't look like any problem to me.

Sharkattack; if you're reading this, AZL is a pretty good example of the better but not very best version of the charts I like. Note the TSV26 has cleared the 13,10 upper bollinger band but has not yet cleared the 0 line.

It should either do that tomorrow and then be off and running or, come back down once to build up another head of steam.
jpendley
Posted : Monday, February 5, 2007 12:19:36 AM

I feel fairly sure it will, not based so much on the chart as extrinsics. The company sold some property last quarter which raised the EPS from a couple of cents to 2.40, on a one-time event. Insiders bought about 75000 shares at close to $14 on Jan 3,4 , expecting the stock to take off from there, but it drifted to 7.05 and then slow uptrend until Friday when it jumped 2.33 on evidently no further news. It did drop 34 cents afterhours. Quite possibly another one time event might be ready to add to income.
Hmmm, how would I feel if I owned over 10% and bought at $14 only to see it go to $7.05. IMO.

kokoda
Posted : Monday, February 5, 2007 6:48:46 AM
AZL announced a special dividend on 12/01 after hours of $1.00/share for shareholders of record on 01/05/07, payable on 01/26/07.

AZL president sold 21,800 shares from 12.60 - 13.30 on 12/07. My take = he knew when to sell at a good price and it would go down afterwards.

Typically, after the record date, the price will fall to reflect the per share dividend payment. If you want to get in, do it after the fall.
sharkattak
Posted : Monday, February 5, 2007 6:55:18 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

TobyDad,
Yes, I am reading this. AZL showed up in a number of my scans. Thanks for additional thoughts on this interesting stock!
jpendley
Posted : Monday, February 5, 2007 2:23:56 PM

* CORRECTION* In my previous post above I said that the insiders bought stock at 14.00 range on 1/3,1/4 because I got that off of Yahoo finance AZL page. BUT the SEC filing was corrected to show it Disposed (sold) rather than Acquired (bought) from the initial filing. YAHOO hasn't changed it yet :(

So this puts a different look on it for me. Ignore the above posting.