Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Background Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tsisung
Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 12:22:09 PM
Does anyone use the White Background for charts and if so, what colors show up well? Everything hurts my eyes with a white background.

Is there any way to reduce the brightness of the white?

Tim
Doug_H
Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 12:28:49 PM

Worden Trainer

You can usually change brightness with a control on your monitor. No way to change it inside TeleChart.

If everything on a white background hurts your eyes, why don't you use a black background?

- Doug
Teaching Online!
tsisung
Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 12:31:09 PM
I do use the black background. For my post analysis I take a screen shot and 'write' notes, draw lines, etc on the image. I want to print but don't want to get a new ink cartridge after printing each chart.
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 1:37:47 PM

Worden Trainer

I would make white versions of all of your templates. Convert each template to a white-background friendly color scheme and save each AS a new template. Maybe have WHITE in the title of each new one. You can use these templates for your printing, black versions for your normal viewing.

You can have as many templates as you like.

- Craig
Here to Help!
Doug_H
Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 1:45:01 PM

Worden Trainer

You don't need to have a white background on your monitor to print charts with a white background. If you'rewanting white only for printing purposes, then I recommend setting your background color to black, but when you print, specify that you want it to print with a white background.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
tsisung
Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 1:56:04 PM
OK, thanks
deind6
Posted : Monday, January 23, 2006 4:08:38 PM
Craig, the only way I can find to change the background color is to check/uncheck "White backgound" box under Tool>Chart Display Options, which changes ALL templates to that setting. How would I save a specific template's background? Thank you.
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, January 23, 2006 4:10:43 PM

Worden Trainer

You can't.

My suggestion was to make versions of your templates that looked fine when you switched over.

- Craig
Here to Help!
dextyr
Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:28:19 PM
To confirm - there is no way to toggle back and forth between the white and black background other than the chart options menu?
Doug_H
Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:03:56 AM

Worden Trainer

That is correct.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
brianj2
Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:10:37 AM
Reading this thread made me wonder if Doug's suggestion needed clarification. If you go to Tools/System settings/Printing there is an option to print with white background. It does not require changing any of your templates. That is what I use when I print. All my charts use black background on screen, but I print them with white background. It works great.
Min
Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2006 2:09:36 AM
QUOTE (Doug_H)
You don't need to have a white background on your monitor to print charts with a white background.

I was worried about buy a ton of black cartridges too but after printing one chart, the background was white. It must have defaulted to that.